Operation Big Red Wiener Schnitzel - Page 107 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Operation Big Red Wiener Schnitzel

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 06-17-2012, 03:18 PM   #1591
Coolcatracing
2008 JK Wrangler 

There's no way I could drive my jeep there. Lol I've been to the wilds before though since I grew up out there and most of my family still lives there. Maybe next PCS will be somewhere with more offroad areas than out here. There is so much potential out here but it's all off limits.

08 Unlimited Rubicon 6 speed, 315/70-16 Kelly TSR, 1.5" Spidertrax spacers factory Moab's, Rubicon Express Flex arm 3.5" lift, Smittybilt XRC front bumper with D-rings, Body Armor Extreme rock slider steps, AEV snorkel, trimmed fender flares, Hella 8" HID driving lights
Coolcatracing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2012, 06:56 PM   #1592
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Haha, yeah a drive from HI would be pretty tough

Here are the pics from the camera...

This is next to where all of the rovers had to winch themselves out (all but maybe 3 that I saw go through). We had already been up the section they had to winch up several times, and we decided to turn out a different way and make our own path that was a little bit tougher.

I kept trying, but couldn't get my knuckle out of the mirror while driving

This water crossing was just below the door sill line before all of the rovers got to it and did what they did best...stomp on the gas and spin their tires. When we came back to it at the end of the day, it was a good 8" deeper, if I had to guess. Had to pull the plugs and will be removing the carpet when I can get to it, amplifiers filled with water.

Mol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2012, 07:02 PM   #1593
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

This is up the easy part I mentioned in the previous post, where they all winched

This is what most of the trails through the prairie land were...some deep ish ruts that could be messy if it were wet, and some excavated trails with off camber areas. All of the trails that have the little off camber sections also have a trail directly next to them with flat ground. So again, the stock guys that are aprehensive can decide whether they want to drive on a road that is less flat than a paved road.

Theres that damn knuckle again

Unread 06-18-2012, 01:33 PM   #1594
smcutter
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove View Post
I'm so confused.

More of a Tinkering Thread than a Build Thread (smcutter)

Colorado Jeep Club Member #302
Keep Calm and Chive On!
And for the record, I'm probably judging you for your bad grammar or spelling.
smcutter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2012, 01:47 PM   #1595
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcutter View Post
I'm so confused.
It was even more confusing from behind!

that's what she said
Unread 06-18-2012, 01:58 PM   #1596
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

I eventually take the time and effort to muscle my steering wheel to the right and climb out the easy way...was being stubborn about it on account of I'm lazy as hell

Unread 06-18-2012, 08:04 PM   #1597
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

12:22ish is why I'm heavily considering chopping off my front cross member and bringing the bumper back several inches, losing the under bumper skid, and ditching the e-disco

I back out of this about a minute after the video ends by the way, and the TJ comes in and immediately finishes off the root that was holding me up, and crawls right out I got back in it later, after the engine cooled down and I added power steering fluid, and managed to crawl out of it in short order.

Here's the TJ...would have been nice if we had put the cut swampers on for the day...the muck packed the MTZs up pretty well

Unread 06-18-2012, 08:22 PM   #1598
DrHolliday

2011 JK Wrangler 

I was on some similar trails out here 2 weeks ago, just mud, ruts and no traction. Made the hill climbs harder. Looks like fun though.

My build thread
DrHolliday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2012, 08:22 PM   #1599
jrmars07
2010 JK Wrangler 

If you ditch the E-disco are you going anti-rock?
Tera Front Lower Controls Arms, Rear Upper Control Arms, Synergy HD Balljoints
Tom Woods 1310 Driveshafts
33" KM2's on ProComp 7069 16x8's
Superchips Flashpaq
AEV Premium Front Bumper, IPF 900XSD Lights, Warn 9.5ti w/ Synthetic Line
AEV Rear Bumper, Tuffy Security Deck
D30 Front Sleeved and Gusseted, RCV's, ARB Locked
4.88 G2 Gears
D44 Rear ARB Locked, Chromoly Shafts[/CENTER]
jrmars07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2012, 08:31 PM   #1600
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

Where are all the Rovers? How did they do at this point?
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2012, 08:49 PM   #1601
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHolliday View Post
I was on some similar trails out here 2 weeks ago, just mud, ruts and no traction. Made the hill climbs harder. Looks like fun though.
It was fun The actual way out wasn't all that tough, but in these two videos, we decided to make it more interesting and make our own way out

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmars07 View Post
If you ditch the E-disco are you going anti-rock?
Yeah I think so - several priorities I have added to the list and only so many dollars...gotta get them in order!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
Where are all the Rovers? How did they do at this point?
They didn't, so much...the long rut you see me drive through, before I turn to the right to make my own trail out, the Rover did their best to drive through at full throttle, before hitting the wall and getting stuck and winching out. I believe two to four managed to avoid the wall and make it out.
Unread 06-18-2012, 08:51 PM   #1602
fratis

1991 YJ Wrangler 

ive got a jk PSC steering gear in my jeep and the whole reason for it was so i could crop the front tighter. mix that with a 5" front stretch and the overhang gets small.
Unread 06-18-2012, 09:18 PM   #1603
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fratis View Post
ive got a jk PSC steering gear in my jeep and the whole reason for it was so i could crop the front tighter. mix that with a 5" front stretch and the overhang gets small.
That would certainly do the trick! I'm going to try to bring the frame and bumper back before resorting to bringing the axle forward...the axle sits pretty far forward as it is

Edit - I'm assuming the JK gear is a remedy for the terrible location of the steering gear in the stock CJs and YJs? Where did you relocate it? Or is it some position just better clearance?
Unread 06-18-2012, 09:35 PM   #1604
fratis

1991 YJ Wrangler 

relocated the main body if the steering gear to just behind the grill flush with bottom of frame rail. 8" pitman goes down and around frame rail. if i wanted i could chop the frame at the grill. but ill keep 7.5" for the winch which can now sit lower between the rails.
Unread 06-18-2012, 09:43 PM   #1605
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fratis
relocated the main body if the steering gear to just behind the grill flush with bottom of frame rail. 8" pitman goes down and around frame rail. if i wanted i could chop the frame at the grill. but ill keep 7.5" for the winch which can now sit lower between the rails.
That's the biggest obstacle I think I will face...dropping the winch between the frame rails. Not sure if it will interfere with my air tank

Tags
aev is over rated , big red schoolbus , i've got a chubby , jk on 37s , masturbation material , poison spyder is terrible , rubicon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.