Operation Big Red Wiener Schnitzel - Page 106 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Operation Big Red Wiener Schnitzel

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Unread 06-16-2012, 08:33 PM   #1576
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin
Good, so no Rhino. What did you do when the P/S pump went out?
Ate a can of spinach and manned up

Mol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2012, 08:56 PM   #1577
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove View Post
Ate a can of spinach and manned up
Kinda like Popeye the sailor man but with a Jeep! Oh wait he had the original Jeep!!!
dvdsjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2012, 10:06 PM   #1578
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdsjk

Kinda like Popeye the sailor man but with a Jeep! Oh wait he had the original Jeep!!!
no there's more to the story I guess, but I'm lazy and tired and met a friend for a drink tonight. I'll get into it tomorrow
Unread 06-16-2012, 11:00 PM   #1579
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Or tonight...can't fall asleep.

We decided to make their most challenging obstacle (most of the property was leisurely scenic trails and some tight winding wooded trails) more challenging by exiting out of it the way that some guy manage to turn his rover onto it's side in a previous year, a way that nobody else would go because it was too hard and most of them had to winch up the easy way, or gun it to 10000 mph through the whole thing. It a lot of back and forth, and ended up unsuccessful my first go, I pulled out when the pump was whining something fierce and smoking up a storm. It was getting harder and harder to turn the wheel, as it has been gradually Every trip, then finally just gave. There's a 12 minute video of this that i will edit later and post. The TQ TJ broke through the roots that were hanging me up and I made it through the second time, after letting it cool and refilling the power steering fluid (which emptied in no time flat)

Fluid emptied again...lots of smoke, fluid pools on top of the manifold. It wasn't spraying from the top as we initially thought. Still not sure of the exact cause or where it's spraying from, but I'll be calling for a either a redneck ram or a PSC system on Monday. Here are some pics. I'll explain the property and what we may be able to with it and the people that run it, going forward, when I get around to posting up the pics from my camera in the next couple of days.

Came out of a taco bell about 45 mins towards home, and saw that I had started a new trend at Buckeye Lake lol. Dude still had 30 day tags and a blown head gasket...gotta sympathize with that

image-3778253420.jpg

This guy wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed (very nice though).
image-3906224572.jpg

. After watching many of the rovers floor the gas pedal, full speed ram a packed dirt wall, and then get stuck in this muck before winching out with a negative line speed, I thanked my lockers as a I crawled through the same spot at one mile per hour. I also realized how lucky I am to have intelligent, experienced drivers around me that I have learned from. Some of the instruction being given was down right awful.

That's said, a few of the rovers were very, very cool. Two defender 90s in particular that I really liked a lot. Regardless of experience or opinion of technique, it was cool to see guys out there enjoying the same sport. Passed a couple 2013 range rovers Dealers had brought out (they stated on the basic stuff, but still!) and some totally stock 1960s ish whatever they're called...Jamaican school busses. Cool stuff.

More pics, and I'm going to bed more to come tomorrow or Monday.
image-3963715368.jpg   image-2929511630.jpg   image-2399636895.jpg   image-2438527932.jpg   image-1975737053.jpg  

image-3961244198.jpg   image-3014035258.jpg   image-3061403775.jpg   image-2813261880.jpg   image-2913792554.jpg  

image-1503354878.jpg   image-3594421392.jpg   image-175636288.jpg   image-805982503.jpg   image-4098146602.jpg  

image-3447563685.jpg   image-1808225104.jpg   image-1745545831.jpg   image-696187414.jpg  
Unread 06-16-2012, 11:08 PM   #1580
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Oh yeah, flooded my rear cubby too. Literally poured water from inside the amps...will let them dry for a few days ( they did kick into protection mode) and report back on their marine certification

Along with the power steering, relocation of the amps is next on my list, and removal of the carpet/addition of bedliner.
Unread 06-17-2012, 07:29 AM   #1581
MikeTHIS
2007 JK Wrangler 

Looks like a great day!

Current Mods:
.::Fabtech 3" Lift with Dirt Logics
.::Pro Comp 17" 7005 Wheels
.::Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ 35x12.5R17 Tires
.::PIAA Windshield Light Brackets
.::PIAA 5296 520 ATP Lights
.::Rugged Ridge Light Bar
.::Truck-Lite 7" LED Flood Lights
.::Truck-Lite 7" LED Headlights
.::Truck-Lite 4" LED Spot Lights
.::Katzkin Leather with Seat Heaters
.::20% tint
.::Optima Yellow Top
.::6" Shorty Antenna[/SIZE][/B]
MikeTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2012, 08:11 AM   #1582
kade
2012 JK Wrangler 

molshove

your not gone get a snorkel for your jeep?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/kade-2012-jku-build-1305112/
kade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2012, 08:42 AM   #1583
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kade
molshove

your not gone get a snorkel for your jeep?
I will, but it's not immediately necessary. This weekend was the deepest water crossing I have done (higher than door sills), and it still wasn't necessary. Good insurance for the future, but have more pressing matters in the meantime
Unread 06-17-2012, 09:46 AM   #1584
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

psh. snorkels are for ninnies.

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2012, 09:50 AM   #1585
kade
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6 View Post
psh. snorkels are for ninnies.
can you explain ?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/kade-2012-jku-build-1305112/
kade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2012, 11:17 AM   #1586
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

So a report on the experience and the skinny on this property/....

it was very cool of the The Green Oval Guild to invite is out for a day of trail riding...for the most part, the whole group was a great bunch of guys and gals...the rovers have more chicks that go out and play than the jeep family does...couple them weren't too shabby looking, either

So after the Columbus Zoo took over the borderline bankrupt Wilds, the operation grew much more business savvy. The GOG designed the trails out through their prairie land, which is an old strip mine. AEP still owns the mineral rights to the land, apparently. Because none of the soil out there is virgin, when it rains, even a little, It supposedly turns into a cluster ****...like drivining on a sheet of ice, which can make the tight, twisting wooded runs much more complicated.

The GOG has been surviving with volunteer workers that help with cutting the trails, hosting their events, etc. They ask the Columbus Zoo (which is kind of a big deal, if you're not familiar with them and Jack Hannah) regularly if they can change something, or asdd something, or bring new people, etc. If the guy that is running that property on the Zoos end sees a way that it can provide exposure to the public for The Wilds, or if he sees that it will bring out people that will use The Wilds in correlation with the ORV land, he throws a thumbs up and stuff happens.

I am going to try to correlate the first annual Jeep event at The Wilds, similar to what the rovers do - it's a weekend event, Friday, Saturday, Sunday...come for one day, or come for all. They ran it $100 per vehicle, and dinner tickets could be purchase to eat at The Wilds. Camp overnight, wheel one or all three days, and any participant is offered discount pricing on The Wilds trips (litterally accross the street), where you are driven through the animal's land, feed giraffes, see Rhinos upclose and personal...you saw the videos above.

This is the rovers 5th or 6th year out there, maybe? They had 85-90 vehicles, and probably 150ish people, and not even half of the campsite was used.

They are also interested in expanding the trails - currently, it is a very easy ride, that is family and newbie friendly (the little kiddos get to ride in the jeep with mom and or dad, they get to go feed giraffes, etc). Like I said, there were BRAND new, untitled Range Rovers out there from one of the dealership groups. As we drove through the wooded trails, we took our time and hopped out on a few occasions to explore further. There is A LOT of potential for extending the wooded trails and adding more complicated obstacles to appease those with a bit more experience.

Anywho - I'm going to get with the couple of guys that organize for the Rovers and start putting some details together, and see if we can't generate some enthusiasm within the Jeep family. The rovers had people traveling from Pennsyvania, Virginia, Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, etc. I want to outdo the rovers in their 5/6/7th year, in our first
Unread 06-17-2012, 11:26 AM   #1587
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Oh yeah, The Wilds has ziplines through the animal sanctuary, mountain biking, a fishing safari, and some other stuff...pretty cool

http://www.thewilds.org/
Unread 06-17-2012, 11:47 AM   #1588
smcutter
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove
Oh yeah, The Wilds has ziplines through the animal sanctuary, mountain biking, a fishing safari, and some other stuff...pretty cool

http://www.thewilds.org/
I couldn't drive my Jeep out there, but I'd fly out for a weekend with my camping gear and camera equipment if you can find me a seat somewhere.

More of a Tinkering Thread than a Build Thread (smcutter)

Colorado Jeep Club Member #302
Keep Calm and Chive On!
And for the record, I'm probably judging you for your bad grammar or spelling.
smcutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2012, 01:37 PM   #1589
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcutter View Post
I couldn't drive my Jeep out there.
Sissy.
Unread 06-17-2012, 02:14 PM   #1590
smcutter
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove

Sissy.
Okay, I confess: I don't want to drive my jeep out there. Sometimes it's nice to hit the trail as a passenger with my camera and give other people records of their good memories.

http://scphotography.smugmug.com/Cars/HolyCross/

Besides, I'm probably a better photographer than I am a driver.

More of a Tinkering Thread than a Build Thread (smcutter)

Colorado Jeep Club Member #302
Keep Calm and Chive On!
And for the record, I'm probably judging you for your bad grammar or spelling.
smcutter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aev is over rated , big red schoolbus , i've got a chubby , jk on 37s , masturbation material , poison spyder is terrible , rubicon

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.