Operation Big Red Wiener Schnitzel - Page 103 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Operation Big Red Wiener Schnitzel

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 06-13-2012, 10:10 AM   #1531
smcutter
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove

You realize who you're talking to, yes?

I just don't think it's possible...I could always ditch the rear seat and throw in bucket seats...mount the sub in a weatherproof console between the seats. But then I lose my storage space in the second row, and the trunk is full of the spare...
Roof/sport cage mounted spare? It'd be a ***** to get up and down, but at least if you rolled it you'd still be rubber side down...

More of a Tinkering Thread than a Build Thread (smcutter)

Colorado Jeep Club Member #302
Keep Calm and Chive On!
And for the record, I'm probably judging you for your bad grammar or spelling.
smcutter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2012, 10:28 AM   #1532
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcutter

Roof/sport cage mounted spare? It'd be a ***** to get up and down, but at least if you rolled it you'd still be rubber side down...
Would be saving length at the cost of height...I still haven't ruled out mounting the spare over the rear deck enclosure, but that would hamper my cargo rack plans...
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2012, 11:07 AM   #1533
smcutter
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove View Post
Would be saving length at the cost of height...I still haven't ruled out mounting the spare over the rear deck enclosure, but that would hamper my cargo rack plans...
When you say "over the rear deck enclosure," do you mean below the sport cage but off the floor of the rear area? I had never thought of mounting a tire there before, but aside from completely obscuring your rear view it's actually a pretty good idea. You wouldn't have to worry about it taking up space, it wouldn't hamper your cargo rack plans (depending on where you were planning to mount it), and it wouldn't affect your overall height or length. You could even run it just fine with the top on.

Keep Calm and Chive On!
Unread 06-13-2012, 11:24 AM   #1534
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcutter

When you say "over the rear deck enclosure," do you mean below the sport cage but off the floor of the rear area? I had never thought of mounting a tire there before, but aside from completely obscuring your rear view it's actually a pretty good idea. You wouldn't have to worry about it taking up space, it wouldn't hamper your cargo rack plans (depending on where you were planning to mount it), and it wouldn't affect your overall height or length. You could even run it just fine with the top on.
Right, which I'm used to having no rear view. The cargo rack I have plans for is a baja rack that would mount inside of the roll cage, not outside. Like the poly performance setup

image-3345183904.jpg

The tire would mount outside of my top, because I run a cargo top (have no plans to put my fastback top back on), and the deck cover part of my soft top is overtop of the ruddy security deck enclosure...so I essentially have a full time trunk.
Unread 06-13-2012, 11:29 AM   #1535
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

This is in the rear of my Jeep

co0vered by this

and I store stuff here

Unread 06-13-2012, 11:43 AM   #1536
smcutter
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove View Post
This is in the rear of my Jeep

Looks like a great setup! Looking at the photos, perhaps you could have it mounted on the outside of your vehicle on the driver's side rear sport cage. It would have to be a completely custom fabrication, but I'm thinking you could support it with the side armor and the sport cage. It wouldn't affect your width by more than 4 inches, I'm guessing.

Keep Calm and Chive On!
Unread 06-13-2012, 12:04 PM   #1537
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

I think I'll end up with the baja basket in the rear and the tire crammed in the back wherever I can fit it. I'm liking the idea of bucket seats and a consoled subwoofer between or beneath...would free up enough room for a spare in the trunk and room around the spare for my few small tool bags and straps. Baja basket for extraneous stuff and a small cooler
Unread 06-13-2012, 09:20 PM   #1538
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

What about a bracket from the left to the right side of the sport bar with a mount for the tire on it. Thinking that it may be up out of the swing of the tailgate and you still would be able to access your box.

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2012, 05:11 AM   #1539
jrmars07
2010 JK Wrangler 

Is there a way to mount cross members on the hard top mounting holes and have them inches above the duster cover and mount the spare to that? Although this would require having bolts through the duster cover right at the hard top holes.
Tera Front Lower Controls Arms, Rear Upper Control Arms, Synergy HD Balljoints
Tom Woods 1310 Driveshafts
33" KM2's on ProComp 7069 16x8's
Superchips Flashpaq
AEV Premium Front Bumper, IPF 900XSD Lights, Warn 9.5ti w/ Synthetic Line
AEV Rear Bumper, Tuffy Security Deck
D30 Front Sleeved and Gusseted, RCV's, ARB Locked
4.88 G2 Gears
D44 Rear ARB Locked, Chromoly Shafts[/CENTER]
jrmars07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2012, 02:57 PM   #1540
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Josh - that's a good thought! Creative for sure. Boss - that's exactly what I had been toying with before deciding to just throw it in the back... Which, btw, will not work. Just barely squeezed in width wise, sub included, but length wise it's just a hair too big

image-1086650530.jpg

image-1402889456.jpg

This morning I Drilled the tramp stamp to accept the teraflex cb antenna mount, and I drilled and tapped for the license plate. I also removed the spare tire carrier

image-4097756903.jpg

image-3084630153.jpg

image-245508303.jpg

The sway bar bolts have been eating on the frame, so John cut those off while I sprayed all of the bare steel with paint. Cut the track bar bolt at the frame, too, to remedy some rubbing.

image-397742500.jpg

image-925934042.jpg

image-3301976233.jpg

image-281687374.jpg
Unread 06-14-2012, 06:59 PM   #1541
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Urban crawling
image-4275066887.jpg   image-46382630.jpg  
Unread 06-14-2012, 08:10 PM   #1542
MikeTHIS
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove
Urban crawling
The hauler is like a big articulation machine - sort of!

Current Mods:
.::Fabtech 3" Lift with Dirt Logics
.::Pro Comp 17" 7005 Wheels
.::Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ 35x12.5R17 Tires
.::PIAA Windshield Light Brackets
.::PIAA 5296 520 ATP Lights
.::Rugged Ridge Light Bar
.::Truck-Lite 7" LED Flood Lights
.::Truck-Lite 7" LED Headlights
.::Truck-Lite 4" LED Spot Lights
.::Katzkin Leather with Seat Heaters
.::20% tint
.::Optima Yellow Top
.::6" Shorty Antenna[/SIZE][/B]
MikeTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2012, 09:29 PM   #1543
voodooJK
2008 JK Wrangler 

Looking good! You shoulda left it on the transport, along with a few more and headed out this way for the weekend.

Colorado Jeep Club member #959

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy Wonka View Post
What you are witnessing, dear friends, is the most enormous miracle of the machine age.
voodooJK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2012, 09:35 PM   #1544
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodooJK
Looking good! You shoulda left it on the transport, along with a few more and headed out this way for the weekend.
No doubt!

We were invited out with the green guild of something or other, a large group of Rovers, to ride a place in eastern Ohio called "the wilds", an outdoor Zoo. It's a big deal for a group to be invited there I guess, and their group invited our shop along, warning us that it's pretty tough and the land rovers might have to help the jeeps through most of it

Im going to play nice, provided we go, but I am really look forward to seeing all of the rovers on 31s drag as around this "tough" trail!
Unread 06-15-2012, 08:30 AM   #1545
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Good news...we are wheeling "The Wilds" tomorrow! It is the largest animal conservation center in the U.S., and one of the largest in the world...it's essentially an outdoor wildlife habitat on almost 10,000 acres, with some very, very cool animals!

Looking forward to having the Rovers help me through the trails

All joking aside, this is a very cool opportunity! check out the videos...I like the first one, with Jack Hannah

Tags
aev is over rated , big red schoolbus , i've got a chubby , jk on 37s , masturbation material , poison spyder is terrible , rubicon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.