Operation Big Red Wiener Schnitzel - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Operation Big Red Wiener Schnitzel

Labor Day Sale!Clayton Off Road - last day of the Labor Day special!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 04-21-2011, 02:37 PM   #136
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove View Post
think ill paint the d rings black too

red may look better

greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends -john 15:13
b_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2011, 02:58 PM   #137
04sssti
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Rattle canned the emblem black...just have to do the Rubicon deal black now. Think ill paint the d rings black too
Truck looks good! I kinda like the way the d-rings look as is, I think black will hide them too much. I like to be able to see them. Just my 2 cents.

Did you take the emblem off to paint it and just tape around it? Let me see a closer pic if you don't mind.
Tera Flex 2.5" with shocks, Rough Country 1.25" Body lift, 4dr Rubi Unlimited Springs (19's and 60's, gave me 1" in the front and 1.3" in the rear!, get some Rubi springs!!), "Stealth Grill", JKS adj front and rear track bars, 37" KM2's, etc
04sssti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2011, 03:00 PM   #138
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_c View Post
red may look better
Think so? All red? I was going to to keep the bolts red as they are now, the actual shackle parts black...

hmm...maybe I'll paint them all red and see, you might be right I'm trying to keep myself preoccupied with as many of these $5 mods as possible...I need to put off my next $5K as long as I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04sssti View Post
Truck looks good! I kinda like the way the d-rings look as is, I think black will hide them too much. I like to be able to see them. Just my 2 cents.
Did you take the emblem off to paint it and just tape around it? Let me see a closer pic if you don't mind.
I took the emblem off, and reattached with clear plastic emblem adhesive (it's nice working at a dealership, have access to a lot of little things that make life easy). I'll snap a closer pic when I take my dogs out in a few minutes
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2011, 03:03 PM   #139
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGRUNT0331 View Post
Forgot to say congrats on all the work! Looks UHMAZING!
Thanks man! Do you fly out tonight or tomorrow? I'm really excited to see that slate blue (or whatever the name of that color is...which just so happens to be my favorite) rubi!
Unread 04-21-2011, 04:04 PM   #140
Blu-Jacket
2009 JK Wrangler 

Hey Mike, it seems you have been busy modding the JK. Looking good . What about powder coating the D-rings?
Blu-Jacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2011, 06:18 PM   #141
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Jacket
Hey Mike, it seems you have been busy modding the JK. Looking good . What about powder coating the D-rings?
Probably a good idea...paint won't hold up to abuse

Mark...here's a close up,notice the scratch from where my screwdriver slipped
forumrunner_20110421_201810.jpg  
Unread 04-21-2011, 06:32 PM   #142
TCHuff
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

I don't. I think it's a lot easier to see the imperfections on your own jeep than on someone else's.

it doesn't.
TCHuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2011, 07:44 PM   #143
04sssti
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove

Probably a good idea...paint won't hold up to abuse

Mike, you can barely see the scratch, and you wouldn't see it at all if you murdered out the grill!!! Either way, you gave a great looking jeep!!
Tera Flex 2.5" with shocks, Rough Country 1.25" Body lift, 4dr Rubi Unlimited Springs (19's and 60's, gave me 1" in the front and 1.3" in the rear!, get some Rubi springs!!), "Stealth Grill", JKS adj front and rear track bars, 37" KM2's, etc
Unread 04-22-2011, 05:25 AM   #144
Will16

Quote:
also replaced all the screw center retaining plug things that hold the grill with a less crAppy version...
what screws are those??
Will16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2011, 07:18 AM   #145
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Mike, you can barely see the scratch, and you wouldn't see it at all if you murdered out the grill!!! Either way, you gave a great looking jeep!!
Ha ha, these Jeeps are the only thing that will cause a man to pad another man's emotions like it were his wife complaining about having a bad hair day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will16 View Post
what screws are those??
I got them from Jeep Parts department...part # 4806240AB
imag0045.jpg  
Unread 04-22-2011, 07:46 AM   #146
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Ha ha, these Jeeps are the only thing that will cause a man to pad another man's emotions like it were his wife complaining about having a bad hair day

So you replaced them with new ones or differnt types?
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2011, 07:53 AM   #147
04sssti
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

True enough, as long as you are talking about something with an engine the man compliments can fly, if no engine is involved it is just plain fruity!!

On the black emblem, if the rescue green looks like a$$, I might try flat or semi gloss black before I ax the emblem completely.

Have a good weekend and believe it or not the jeep probably makes you better looking (remember not fruity because I talked about your jeep!!!).
Unread 04-22-2011, 08:17 AM   #148
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
So you replaced them with new ones or differnt types?
A different kind - the post that inserts is a flat top (not philips that strips by looking at it), and the bottom piece has two spots that allow a flathead screwdriver to pop the top piece out. They're a little bigger in diameter than the stock ones, so they take a light smack to pop them into place. They hold very well and are a hell of a lot more user friendly. Also have foam washers on them to protect paint (not that it really matters on the plastic grill)

Quote:
True enough, as long as you are talking about something with an engine the man compliments can fly, if no engine is involved it is just plain fruity!!

On the black emblem, if the rescue green looks like a$$, I might try flat or semi gloss black before I ax the emblem completely.

Have a good weekend and believe it or not the jeep probably makes you better looking (remember not fruity because I talked about your jeep!!!).
I need all the help I can get If they have a black chrome-like paint, that might look pretty wicked, provided the rescue green doesn't work out (I have high hopes that it will)
Unread 04-22-2011, 08:25 AM   #149
Ayres56
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
A different kind - the post that inserts is a flat top (not philips that strips by looking at it), and the bottom piece has two spots that allow a flathead screwdriver to pop the top piece out. They're a little bigger in diameter than the stock ones, so they take a light smack to pop them into place. They hold very well and are a hell of a lot more user friendly. Also have foam washers on them to protect paint (not that it really matters on the plastic grill)

I need all the help I can get If they have a black chrome-like paint, that might look pretty wicked, provided the rescue green doesn't work out (I have high hopes that it will)
My Jeep seems to have came with the flat top style fasteners for the grill and they are much easier.

You should do the bed-line grill mod... I did it and it looks good. Very aggressive. I do wish I would have left the Jeep emblem on though.
Ayres56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2011, 08:28 AM   #150
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayres56 View Post
My Jeep seems to have came with the flat top style fasteners for the grill and they are much easier.

You should do the bed-line grill mod... I did it and it looks good. Very aggressive. I do wish I would have left the Jeep emblem on though.
When I can find some time, maybe sunday, I'm going to change a few other things that I think will make it come together well. I'll wait until I beat my grill up before having it sprayed, I have decided

You're lucky - I hated those stupid screw-top plugs

Tags
aev is over rated , big red schoolbus , i've got a chubby , jk on 37s , masturbation material , poison spyder is terrible , rubicon

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.