Open Box VIPER 10,000lb winch for just $239.99. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Open Box VIPER 10,000lb winch for just $239.99.

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!The Ruffstuff 9" Disc Brake brackets!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 06-23-2014, 08:49 PM   #1
Moto-Alliance
Vendor

Open Box VIPER 10,000lb winch for just $239.99.

Hey Jeep Forum gang,

As we do our spring/summer cleaning, we found a brand new, open box 10,000lb VIPER winch with full wireless system the box had been crushed, but everything is fine. These retail for $319.99, but we are making it available to any forum member for $239.99.

This price INCLUDES shipping.

PM me with contact information if you'd like the winch. Thanks!

www.motoalliance.com
1-866-527-7637

Moto-Alliance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2014, 09:09 PM   #2
johendley
2012 JK Wrangler 

A winch is my next must have. Anyone on here use this winch? 10k is more than enough for my JK.
johendley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2014, 10:10 AM   #3
jwmbishop
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johendley View Post
A winch is my next must have. Anyone on here use this winch? 10k is more than enough for my JK.
I just acquired and installed the Viper 13K and haven't trail tested yet. The assembly was super easy - it comes already wired so just mount controller, drop winch onto plate, and run supply and ground.

But 10k is NOT more than enough winch for a JK. As the winches rated capacity goes up - the amps drawn to pull actual vehicle weight goes down. With an 8K winching 4000 lbs will pull over 300 amps. With a 10K winching same 4000 lbs draws about 275 - with 13K it draws about 190. Thats load directly on the battery/alternator. More load will always equate to more total cost of operation as the cables etc will be effected and require repair more frequently. I did install an 8K first (budget dictated) and as such the cost of cabling to handle the high draw, the control solenoid (I refuse to maintain an unfused 0 guage hot lead on the impact zone of front bumper - thats just asking for a fire after a minor fender bender - so I use a 600 amp solenoid to control the winch main power) etc ended up costing the same as the 13K did. But now my wiring is so underloaded I should be worry free for the next five years!

And also to consider - that max weight rating is for ONE WRAP of the wire. Next wrap the rating goes down. So if you have a 100 foot wire on an 8000 lb winch - you only are at rate with two wraps on a 4250 lb vehicle. So to winch from 25 feet (Approx 4 wraps left on winch) - you are overloaded (and amp draw goes up accordingly) unless you pull all 100 feet off and use a snatch block - which halves the winch speed and requires extra effort then to respool (which should be done anyway - but at least when properly rated you can use multiple times in one day then respool at trail end maintenance rather than respool before every use)!

I recommend 10K for a two door and 12K or better for a four based on my understanding of the principals and experiences.
Unread 06-25-2014, 11:26 AM   #4
Moto-Alliance
Vendor

Agreed with the above assessment. We have winches from 8000lb to 16,5000lb. The 13000lb is our best seller. But the 10,000lb is a great application for a number of options.

We've sold thousands of VIPERS the past 8 years, but we don't use distributors so our sales are primarily word-of-mouth. Had great success in the field with these. About 98%....and as a true powersports' company, we have full support of all our products. Thanks!
www.motoalliance.com
1-866-527-7637

Moto-Alliance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2014, 09:06 PM   #5
Badmrb

Just FYI to others. This is sold.
Badmrb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.