Open Box VIPER 10,000lb winch for just $239.99. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Open Box VIPER 10,000lb winch for just $239.99.

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 06-23-2014, 08:49 PM   #1
Moto-Alliance
Vendor

Open Box VIPER 10,000lb winch for just $239.99.

Hey Jeep Forum gang,

As we do our spring/summer cleaning, we found a brand new, open box 10,000lb VIPER winch with full wireless system the box had been crushed, but everything is fine. These retail for $319.99, but we are making it available to any forum member for $239.99.

This price INCLUDES shipping.

PM me with contact information if you'd like the winch. Thanks!

www.motoalliance.com
1-866-527-7637

Moto-Alliance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2014, 09:09 PM   #2
johendley
2012 JK Wrangler 

A winch is my next must have. Anyone on here use this winch? 10k is more than enough for my JK.
johendley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2014, 10:10 AM   #3
jwmbishop
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johendley View Post
A winch is my next must have. Anyone on here use this winch? 10k is more than enough for my JK.
I just acquired and installed the Viper 13K and haven't trail tested yet. The assembly was super easy - it comes already wired so just mount controller, drop winch onto plate, and run supply and ground.

But 10k is NOT more than enough winch for a JK. As the winches rated capacity goes up - the amps drawn to pull actual vehicle weight goes down. With an 8K winching 4000 lbs will pull over 300 amps. With a 10K winching same 4000 lbs draws about 275 - with 13K it draws about 190. Thats load directly on the battery/alternator. More load will always equate to more total cost of operation as the cables etc will be effected and require repair more frequently. I did install an 8K first (budget dictated) and as such the cost of cabling to handle the high draw, the control solenoid (I refuse to maintain an unfused 0 guage hot lead on the impact zone of front bumper - thats just asking for a fire after a minor fender bender - so I use a 600 amp solenoid to control the winch main power) etc ended up costing the same as the 13K did. But now my wiring is so underloaded I should be worry free for the next five years!

And also to consider - that max weight rating is for ONE WRAP of the wire. Next wrap the rating goes down. So if you have a 100 foot wire on an 8000 lb winch - you only are at rate with two wraps on a 4250 lb vehicle. So to winch from 25 feet (Approx 4 wraps left on winch) - you are overloaded (and amp draw goes up accordingly) unless you pull all 100 feet off and use a snatch block - which halves the winch speed and requires extra effort then to respool (which should be done anyway - but at least when properly rated you can use multiple times in one day then respool at trail end maintenance rather than respool before every use)!

I recommend 10K for a two door and 12K or better for a four based on my understanding of the principals and experiences.
Unread 06-25-2014, 11:26 AM   #4
Moto-Alliance
Vendor

Agreed with the above assessment. We have winches from 8000lb to 16,5000lb. The 13000lb is our best seller. But the 10,000lb is a great application for a number of options.

We've sold thousands of VIPERS the past 8 years, but we don't use distributors so our sales are primarily word-of-mouth. Had great success in the field with these. About 98%....and as a true powersports' company, we have full support of all our products. Thanks!
www.motoalliance.com
1-866-527-7637

Moto-Alliance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2014, 09:06 PM   #5
Badmrb

Just FYI to others. This is sold.
Badmrb is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.