Ome 2" lift do u need to mod ? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Ome 2" lift do u need to mod ?

Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Savvy FREE SHIPPING!

Unread 07-25-2013, 09:20 AM   #16
cormizer
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoK66
Those are good systems. A friend is a Jeep rental operator and says they only use AEV or OME kits on their rigs. When I looked over one of her OME equipped JKs they had used TnT Customs control arm drop brackets in front (similiar in function to AEV's brackets but stronger) in order to correct caster. They also use adjustable track bars, not sure if they are OME.

As a general rule of thumb you can retain the stock front driveshaft up to about 3" actual lift. The rear on a 4dr can be retained up to about 5". On a 2dr it's about same as the front. Although I have a very seriously set up JK (TF 4" LCG long arm) I'm bullish on AEV adn OME 2 - 2.5" kits on rigs that will be primarily daily drivers. In particular, the AEV kit is very impressive, particulalry when supplemented with their front control arm brackets.
See the thing is it is a dd but when I do hit the trails I wouldn't mind pushing it to its limit ... See in my eyes dd or not I will not put cheap crappy parts on my rig at all if its not a well known brand I will not buy it ... Just like I will not puck lift at all unless I'm leveling the rig ... I am willing to plank money into a good product

cormizer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2013, 01:12 PM   #17
SoK66
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cormizer View Post
See the thing is it is a dd but when I do hit the trails I wouldn't mind pushing it to its limit ... See in my eyes dd or not I will not put cheap crappy parts on my rig at all if its not a well known brand I will not buy it ... Just like I will not puck lift at all unless I'm leveling the rig ... I am willing to plank money into a good product
Well, either AEV or OME are high quality brands. They just don;t go balls out 8 flexarm replacement, etc. like some of the others. If it gives you any reassurance, after I installed the AEV 2.5" kit on my friend's JKUR she came to Moab with us and ran Behind the Rocks without taking a bypass. Drove it thre and drove it home. I'd expecet the same out of OME.
SoK66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2013, 02:13 PM   #18
cormizer
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoK66

Well, either AEV or OME are high quality brands. They just don;t go balls out 8 flexarm replacement, etc. like some of the others. If it gives you any reassurance, after I installed the AEV 2.5" kit on my friend's JKUR she came to Moab with us and ran Behind the Rocks without taking a bypass. Drove it thre and drove it home. I'd expecet the same out of OME.
Lol good point well I'm on the easy coast chances of me hitting the holy jeep trails (Moab) is very slim lol
cormizer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.