Ome 2" lift do u need to mod ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Ome 2" lift do u need to mod ?

Halloween Savings to die for!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 07-23-2013, 11:44 AM   #1
cormizer
2012 JK Wrangler 

Ome 2" lift do u need to mod ?

Hey guys so I want to get the ome 2" lift for my 12 Jk sport 2dr 6 speed but I keep seeing that the net lift after you put it on is like 3-4 inches. Now here is my question if I only have a front bumper with a winch on her now if I put the ome lift in, if it nets more then 2.5" will I have to put 1310 drive shafts in or what ?

cormizer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 12:22 PM   #2
Jeffro3000
2010 JK Wrangler 

I have it on my 2010. Just shocks and springs lift. No other necessary mods done. Its been 2 years and I wheel ot with no problems. Some people say track bars, but I never did
Unread 07-23-2013, 12:38 PM   #3
cormizer
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro3000
I have it on my 2010. Just shocks and springs lift. No other necessary mods done. Its been 2 years and I wheel ot with no problems. Some people say track bars, but I never did
I'm guessing you have ome 2" do you have the LD or HD springs
Unread 07-23-2013, 01:05 PM   #4
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

I run the HD OME lift and have 3.2in. I did install adj JKS track bar f/ r.
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 01:45 PM   #5
cormizer
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyClymer
I run the HD OME lift and have 3.2in. I did install adj JKS track bar f/ r.
Is that all you had to install ? Cause track bars I don't mind putting in I'm more worried about the driveshaft that's about it
Unread 07-23-2013, 02:42 PM   #6
Kolak
Vendor

Spring selection is going to depend on how your JK is outfitted. Hardtop, bumpers, winches, tire carriers, etc. all will determine which OME springs you get and what your net lift height will be.

Send me a PM here on the forum if you'd like to chat about your lift - I've been an OME dealer for 15 years and you'll be very pleased with their quality.
kolak@aol.com or kolak@kolakperformance.com
Kolak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 03:04 PM   #7
LVCapo
The Voice of Reason

2013 JK Wrangler 

You can run the OME 2" without any mods. I'm running the HD springs in the front and the medium springs rear with a stubby and winch (Ive run both the light and HD in the front with stock bumper and both were fine). Out of the box the LD springs are about an inch longer than the HD springs...but the HD springs are noticeably thicker....both sit about the same (2.75"-3") once installed.

You can call ARB and they will tell you no need for track bars or bump stops....but....

I'd recommend installing the Teraflex exhaust spacer, doing the Teraflex evap cannister relocation (takes 5 minutes) a front trackbar and a rear track bar relocation bracket, and steel brake lines....as budget allows. You dont have to do it right away or all at once, but they are smart improvements.

The OME lift isnt the most hardcore, but its a great "compromise" lift...relatively inexpensive, performs well offroad, and rides great on the street. I chose to go with the Rancho 9000 shocks instead of the OME Sports, the price for me was the same and I liked the ability to adjust the shocks.
LVCapo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 03:07 PM   #8
dcramer63
2011 JK Wrangler 

2011 2-door soft top. No bumpers, winch, etc, so I went with LD kit, which netted about 3" lift. I included JKS rear exteneded, and front disconnect, sway bar links during install. Will most likely add front adjustable track bar, though I'm not so sure it's necessary. After a year, I can't say anything but good about this lift. As an added bonus, the on-road ride is much better than stock. You really need this mod
dcramer63 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 03:22 PM   #9
LVCapo
The Voice of Reason

2013 JK Wrangler 

For reference, heres mine as it sits today with HD springs front and MD springs rear....the bumper and winch combo weights 170lbs and had almost no affect on the front. Tires are 285/70/17 (exactly 33")
photo.jpg

LVCapo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 03:41 PM   #10
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

To the OP. I did add adj control arms to set caster in front and adj pinion angle in rear. Been running stock drive shafts with that setup for 5 yrs no problem. Great on street and off road IMO.
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2013, 12:17 AM   #11
tankinyj
2012 JK Wrangler 

I have the OME HD springs and shocks, JKS front adj trackbar, Teraflex HD trackbar bracket for the rear. Love it.

Only thing I would like to do in the future is maybe 1" pucks, and for sure the Teraflex Monster CAs
Orange Crush Jeep Club Member #55
tankinyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2013, 07:00 AM   #12
GauchoMark
2011 JK Wrangler 

Here's mine with the OME coils and what all I have changed so far.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/todays-day-1539422/

GauchoMark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2013, 06:56 AM   #13
cormizer
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GauchoMark
Here's mine with the OME coils and what all I have changed so far.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/todays-day-1539422/
Hey thanks looks good you should just put the 37s on the back and give it the hot rod look lol just playing
Unread 07-25-2013, 07:52 AM   #14
SoK66
2009 JK Wrangler 

Those are good systems. A friend is a Jeep rental operator and says they only use AEV or OME kits on their rigs. When I looked over one of her OME equipped JKs they had used TnT Customs control arm drop brackets in front (similiar in function to AEV's brackets but stronger) in order to correct caster. They also use adjustable track bars, not sure if they are OME.

As a general rule of thumb you can retain the stock front driveshaft up to about 3" actual lift. The rear on a 4dr can be retained up to about 5". On a 2dr it's about same as the front. Although I have a very seriously set up JK (TF 4" LCG long arm) I'm bullish on AEV adn OME 2 - 2.5" kits on rigs that will be primarily daily drivers. In particular, the AEV kit is very impressive, particulalry when supplemented with their front control arm brackets.
SoK66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2013, 08:15 AM   #15
jopolly3

2013 JK Wrangler 

I just put the HD's in my Unlimited this weekend, it brought my up about 3.5". I put on adjustable track bars front and rear. I also installed adjustable swaybar links for the rear and installed the rear links up front. The driveshafts seem to be perfectly fine but I cannot speak for this same lift and a stock rear 2 door shaft...

2013 JKU Rubicon 6spd: ARB Dana 44 covers F&R, Expedition One front bumper & swaybar skid, Hella driving lamps, JKS adjustable track bars F&R, MBRP SS off-road exhaust, OME HD springs and shocks, OME relocated SS, Rock Hard 4x4 gas tank skid, Rock Hard 4x4 oil pan skid, Rock Hard 4x4 rock sliders, Rock Hard 4x4 transfer case skid, Spidertrax wheel spacers, Superwinch LP8500 Gen 1

2002 Subaru WRX: Cobb intake, Mishimoto aluminum radiator, Kartboy short throw shifter and bushings

1960 CJ-6: Never ending project rig

Build Threads:

JKUR - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/j...hread-1522982/

CJ6 - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/jo...hread-1347975/

WJ - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...auren-1033184/

"BFG makes some good rubbers, if they sold condoms I'd buy them" -Owen Horner
jopolly3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.