Olympic 4X4 Jk Phoenix Bumper Opinions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Olympic 4X4 Jk Phoenix Bumper Opinions

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 10-30-2013, 07:39 PM   #1
wilgeno
Bug-Out!

2013 JK Wrangler 

Olympic 4X4 Jk Phoenix Bumper Opinions

Olympic 4X4 has a new front bumper for the JK's as of last June 2013. I find it interesting based on it's looks, weight and price. Everyone has opinions and needs. I suspect this wont be for everyone due to the thickness of the steel being used. But I would like to know if anyone has this bumper or has seen one in person and if you have what are your thoughts.

Also, if anyone knows about steel types and such I'd love to hear what you have to say about this bumper. Steel specs are below.

Bumper details:
http://www.olympic4x4products.com/Ol...oss-Black.html

It's only $499 without the Grill/Winch Guard Hoop and Winch Mount plate. Those items are separate add-ons.

Highlights:
Advanced multi-angular engineered design provides the perfect combination of style and integral strength, making it possible to create a high quality durable bumper that weighs slightly less than 50 pounds.
  • Full width front end protection
  • Weighs 50% less than its competition.
  • Easily bolts on. Only takes minutes to install
  • Includes welded-on D ring Shackle Mounts
  • Laser cut mounting holes for O. E. M. Fog Lights.

I did email Olympic to get more information. I wanted to know the type and thickness of the steel. Eric @ Olympic responded with this.
"The Phoenix bumper is made from high strength .120 wall steel it is a 1/8" thick. Its engineered to offer low weight yet offer full width protection. The multiply angle design provides it with a lot of strong. "

My needs are much less than some Jeepers. I don't plan on serious rock crawling etc. We get snow in MN and not much for rocks. We do have a few off-road trails/parks but nothing like in other parts of the country. I do expect to get out into the woods at times too.

So what are your thoughts?

Thanks

Bug-Out! http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/b...build-1568531/

I don't always go topless, but when I do I go Commando!
wilgeno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2013, 11:36 AM   #2
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Looks like a now

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2013, 06:41 PM   #3
715racing
2005 LJ Wrangler 

"The multiply angle design provides it with a lot of strong".

Did they SERIOUSLY answer this way? That just isn't right .

And I agree with Tanimal...looks kinda like a drunk smile.
Unread 10-31-2013, 10:28 PM   #4
wilgeno
Bug-Out!

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 715racing View Post
"The multiply angle design provides it with a lot of strong".

Did they SERIOUSLY answer this way? That just isn't right .

And I agree with Tanimal...looks kinda like a drunk smile.
Yes, that is a copy paste from the email.

Here are other views of it on Quadratec's website. http://www.quadratec.com/products/12001_040X_PG.htm

Personally I like it. Like I've been saying the whole time, my needs are different that others. My Jeep will see far more snow than rock.

Unread 10-31-2013, 11:04 PM   #5
715racing
2005 LJ Wrangler 

If you like it...go for it! It's your Jeep, and different opinions aren't ment to insult. (At least mine wasn't...I LIKE drunk smiles).
Unread 11-01-2013, 01:24 AM   #6
wilgeno
Bug-Out!

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 715racing View Post
If you like it...go for it! It's your Jeep, and different opinions aren't ment to insult. (At least mine wasn't...I LIKE drunk smiles).
I don't take insult to much of anything. My request was mainly for finding out if anyone has had first hand experience with this bumper. And I'm all too familiar with drunken smiles

Tags
bumper , light weight , olympic , phoenix

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.