Old Man Emu Jeep JK Wrangler 2in Lift Kit experiences - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Old Man Emu Jeep JK Wrangler 2in Lift Kit experiences

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-27-2008, 04:23 PM   #1
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Old Man Emu Jeep JK Wrangler 2in Lift Kit experiences

Old Man Emu Jeep JK Wrangler 2in Lift Kit - $650.
http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ation-write-up

Anyone have one of these? How much lift did you actually get? Ride quality, install, and other commentary requested.

Did you install any front spacers with it? If you paid to have it done, how much did you pay? Did you have an alignment done afterward?

Thanks!
td

waterboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2008, 01:09 AM   #2
cab76
2007 JK Wrangler 

Bump - I'm thinking of going with this lift as well. I'm planning to add a lot of extra iron to the JK and would like a good set of HD springs to add a little lift and compensate for the extra weight. I've heard nothing but good things about the OME lift, except that if you don't have heavy bumpers, skids, etc. you will get much more than 2 inches of lift.

I'm curious about the ride as well. For those that have at least aftermarket bumpers, how is the ride - a little softer or a little firmer than stock? I've heard a lot of people praise this lift and say that it rides "better" than stock - but what does that mean? For me a "better" ride would be a little firmer than stock - others might think softer = better. Thanks in advance for any info!
cab76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2008, 07:58 AM   #3
AU DAD
2007 JK Wrangler 

I have also been looking at OME, but after reviewing the article and noticed 3-3 1/2 inches of actual lift, I wonder if you get into the geometry problems with going over 2" ? If you end up over 2 inches do you need additional suspension adjustment ?
AU DAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2008, 12:35 AM   #4
cab76
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU DAD
I have also been looking at OME, but after reviewing the article and noticed 3-3 1/2 inches of actual lift, I wonder if you get into the geometry problems with going over 2" ? If you end up over 2 inches do you need additional suspension adjustment ?
I've heard that driveline mods may be necessary going over 3 inches. However, I'm sure the Jeeps getting that amount of lift are running the heavy duty OME springs without aftermarket bumpers, skids, etc. I think the front HD OME springs are meant to handle 300 extra lbs up front, so if you have no mods, you're going to get more lift.
cab76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2008, 08:13 AM   #5
bigdogtxs
2007 JK Wrangler 

I used the rough country 4" lift with 35" tires and gained 5" overall height with put any problems.
bigdogtxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2008, 08:30 AM   #6
tricked919
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdogtxs
I used the rough country 4" lift with 35" tires and gained 5" overall height with put any problems.
on a 2dr or 4dr? ...if its a 2dr, I'd start a drive shaft fund just in case.
tricked919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2008, 08:14 PM   #7
JK Gator
2008 JK Wrangler 

On an '08 Rubicon Unlimited I got exactly 3 3/4 of lift in the front and 2 3/8 in the rear. This is without installing the additional front spacers. I installed the HD springs which are the OME recommended springs for the Unlimited. I am very happy with the ride and there is room for 35's. Install was straightforward but I did install FT adjustable front and rear trackbars.
JK Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2012, 06:47 PM   #8
jonballi
2012 JK Wrangler 

Anyone know if you can run the springs with the stock shocks?
jonballi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2012, 07:29 PM   #9
tacjeep99

I would strongly recommend HD OME springs all the way around. After I went to HD springs on the rear of my wrangler, I quit bottoming out from the MD OME springs I had. I have HD springs on the front.

As far as shocks, go ahead and get the nitrochargers, you will notice an improved ride. Staying with the stock shocks may save you some money, but realistically, you don't get the full benefit of the OME suspension if you don't use the nitrocharger shocks.

I am very happy with the ride of my wrangler. I highly recommend OME for a mild lift.
tacjeep99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2012, 07:52 PM   #10
ncb

The stock shocks will be near full extension with the OME springs installed.
ncb is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 01:25 AM   #11
Kolak
Vendor

I have all OME springs on special right now _and_ I have Bilstein shocks on special too.

The combination of the OME springs and the Bilsteins is very impressive in terms of on and offroad handling, ride control, fade resistance, and responsiveness.

And as everyone has mentioned the quality of the OME springs is excellent - I've been a dealer for their products for Jeeps for 16 years now and I sell them with a lot of pride.

PM me if you'd like pricing or just more information.
kolak@aol.com or kolak@kolakperformance.com
Kolak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 08:35 AM   #12
Jeffro3000
2010 JK Wrangler 

I've had the OME HD 2" lift about 18 months now. Ride is great, and it sits nice. Unfortunately, I never measured for before and after for height. The only other mods are JKS discos and the OME stabilizer relocate. I meant to change the track at, but never did
My forum pic shows a little of the flex from it with 33s.
Unread 01-09-2014, 02:00 PM   #13
ciphershort
2009 JK Wrangler 

I know this is an old thread but it's been resurrected once so why not again? I'm seriously considering the OME HD lift for my 4-door JK. I've found the kit that comes with just the springs and shocks. Is that all I need or is there a need for other components? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
ciphershort is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2014, 02:25 PM   #14
Kolak
Vendor

You need springs, shocks, longer rear links, rear brake line extensions, and a rear trackbar relocation bracket at a minimum.

Happ to chat with you about the setup - send me a PM and we'll go over everything, or you can email me at kolak@aol.com if it's easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciphershort View Post
I know this is an old thread but it's been resurrected once so why not again? I'm seriously considering the OME HD lift for my 4-door JK. I've found the kit that comes with just the springs and shocks. Is that all I need or is there a need for other components? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
kolak@aol.com or kolak@kolakperformance.com
Kolak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2014, 03:18 PM   #15
ciphershort
2009 JK Wrangler 

Just PM'd you. Thanks.
ciphershort is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.