Ok others with a Spiderweb Shade, I got some questions? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Ok others with a Spiderweb Shade, I got some questions?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 07-11-2013, 02:42 PM   #16
Rancho_Lifts
Shock & Suspension Expert
2013 JK Wrangler 

Chris is a great guy. I am getting ready to take off my HT and put this on and the ones made for our tube doors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbike View Post
Ok so I got a call from Chris from spiderweb shade. Excellent guy to deal with. He explained that the velcro patches are supposed to just stick on the shade where the grommets are in the center so that the metal doesn't slap against metal. They are not supposed to hold the holes in place over the sound bar/roll bar just to protect the metal from hitting metal as a cushion. Everything is installed now and perfect......

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic302198_9.gif
Rancho_Lifts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2013, 05:18 PM   #17
sparsons79
2006 TJ Wrangler 

They make them for tube doors as well? I don't see them on their website. Thinking about ordering a SpiderShade to have when my Jeep arrives so it covers the rear seats since my 18 month will be back there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancho_Lifts
Chris is a great guy. I am getting ready to take off my HT and put this on and the ones made for our tube doors.
Sold...92 YJ...3" skyjacker lift, 33 BFG and chromed out hinges :puzzled:
Sold...94 ZJ Limited...Kolak exhaust, Mopar ECU, BFG AT
sparsons79 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2013, 10:36 PM   #18
ironbike
2011 JK Wrangler 

Well I drove 2.5 hrs today all highway up to Lake George, the shade was rock solid and even after my Jeep sat in the 90 degree sun all day parked for 8+ hrs when we got back in the Jeep it was very comfortable and nothing was burning hot to touch. Very happy with this product all around from customer service to function and looks.
ironbike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2013, 11:27 PM   #19
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Does it chatter against your sound bar?
Unread 07-12-2013, 05:30 AM   #20
CurtisG
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn

Does it chatter against your sound bar?
We have a JK Unlimited and bought the Trail Mesh shade. We love it. My bald head thanks me often. And passengers in the back seat enjoy not getting smacked in the face with tree branches on tight trails.

At higher speeds, there is little flapping right above the sound bar. It's not bad. Though, I do occasionally put either a folded shop towel or a racquet ball between the shade and bar to mute it so that I can listen to the hum of the the tires. ; ) Actually, I've been pondering ways to run a bungee cord or spider balls through the grommets above the sound bar to snug it down.
CurtisG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2013, 07:01 AM   #21
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Two ball bungees, one with ball on top other with ball on bottom. hook loop to other bungees ball.

[COLOR="red"][B]For Sale:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/jk-4dr-black-painted-hard-top-1000-a-1541186/"][COLOR="Blue"]2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jkur-18-59-springs-shocks-1557427/"][COLOR="Purple"]JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks[/COLOR][/URL]

[SIZE="1"][B]97 TJ:[/B] daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
[B]98 TJ:[/B] Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
[B]06 LJ Rubicon:[/B] mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
[B]13 JKU Rubicon:[/B] Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs[/SIZE]
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2013, 08:18 AM   #22
ironbike
2011 JK Wrangler 

I was driving 70+ mph on the highway with minimal flapping and no noise with Velcro pieces attached.
Unread 07-12-2013, 08:28 AM   #23
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

I usually roll up a piece of non-skid stuff (like what you put under a rug in your house) on top of the sound bar and it doesn't flap.

The shade is truly awesome and offers a great driving experience. I really wish I had an easier way to remove my Ursa Minor top but it's too heavy and awkward to remove for just a couple of days, and I use it so much right now.
brianjw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2013, 09:39 AM   #24
Rancho_Lifts
Shock & Suspension Expert
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparsons79 View Post
They make them for tube doors as well? I don't see them on their website. Thinking about ordering a SpiderShade to have when my Jeep arrives so it covers the rear seats since my 18 month will be back there.

Yep you can get them from Jeeper's Den in Orlando or from SpiderWeb Shades.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic302198_9.gif
Rancho_Lifts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2013, 09:04 PM   #25
ironbike
2011 JK Wrangler 

Love the doors Rancho I would love those..

Here is my Spidershade installed. This thing is truly great and keeps the jeep so cool under the sun. Love this shade

Unread 07-13-2013, 09:49 AM   #26
jacksonian71
2012 JK Wrangler 

I leave my SWS on whether I'm putting the soft top on or not. I take it off for the winter. I never screw in those freedom bolts. Don't need them unless you're running just the freedom panels bikini style which I never do.

The Spiderweb Shade makes all the difference in the world. My wife would NEVER ride with me with the top off in the summer without it. She hates roasting it he sun and getting burned. The SWS makes it completely comfortable even at 90 degrees and we can still enjoy the open air feel. Love this product.
jacksonian71 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2013, 10:22 AM   #27
jeepcouple
2012 JK Wrangler 

I realize that this is about spiderweb so I wasn't going to comment until I saw the picture. Not knocking the Spiderweb because I have never owned or even seen one but there seems to be a wide gap at the side roll bars.

I have a Dirty Dog shade and there is barely a gap at the side roll bars.

In any case either one would be an excellent investment.
jeepcouple is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2013, 04:23 PM   #28
ironbike
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcouple View Post
I realize that this is about spiderweb so I wasn't going to comment until I saw the picture. Not knocking the Spiderweb because I have never owned or even seen one but there seems to be a wide gap at the side roll bars.

I have a Dirty Dog shade and there is barely a gap at the side roll bars.

In any case either one would be an excellent investment.
That's how they are designed. I like the way it allows air flow and how it seems like there is no top on at all. I have been in Jeeps with other style shades and bikini tops but they all felt like there was a top on still.
Unread 07-14-2013, 10:24 AM   #29
jeepcouple
2012 JK Wrangler 

Interesting point of view. I guess it would depend whether you want a little more air flow or shade at the side rollbars.
jeepcouple is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2013, 10:31 AM   #30
budmanm3
2012 JK Wrangler 

I like the fact it still feels open which is the reason i go doors off and top off.. But it provides the perfect amount of shade from direct sun light

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.