Ok, Its Official, I'm Back Sahara Tan Sahara Build - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Ok, Its Official, I'm Back Sahara Tan Sahara Build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 03-31-2011, 07:03 PM   #76
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Change in plans!!You won't believe this one. Wife won't ride in Jeep due to someone putting in her head that spacers = deathtrap. So she told me to order proper wheels! Who am I to argue? I placed an order to Northridge and had Dave order me up 5 AEV Savegre wheels. The'll look good tan!!!! Plus she loved them on my black Jeep .

dvdsjk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2011, 07:21 PM   #77
BeerMonkeY
2007 JK Wrangler 

theres nothing wrong with spacers, unless you want there to be, wait will she read this??????
Unread 03-31-2011, 07:31 PM   #78
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerMonkeY View Post
theres nothing wrong with spacers, unless you want there to be, wait will she read this??????
She better not you s...... Just kidding! Once somethings in her head you'll never get it out. I found its easier to give in. And this time theres no hard swollowing!!
Unread 03-31-2011, 07:48 PM   #79
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

Yeah! those rims will look sweet in either tan or black.
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2011, 07:52 PM   #80
No_Return
2008 JK Wrangler 

Next month I'll start a thread here about how the JK is unsafe with the Factory Bumpers and how you would be advised to Get a quality aftermarket like the AEV. Just make sure your wife "accidentally" reads it You can thank me later.

I've had spacers on my Yamaha ATV for a year and half.. no problem at all. And that thing has been to hell and back. I don't think spacers are dangerous unless you do a poor job of installing them i.e. torque them incorrectly.
Unread 03-31-2011, 07:59 PM   #81
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Return View Post
Next month I'll start a thread here about how the JK is unsafe with the Factory Bumpers and how you would be advised to Get a quality aftermarket like the AEV. Just make sure your wife "accidentally" reads it You can thank me later.

I've had spacers on my Yamaha ATV for a year and half.. no problem at all. And that thing has been to hell and back. I don't think spacers are dangerous unless you do a poor job of installing them i.e. torque them incorrectly.
Specify the rear bumper!!!!
Unread 04-01-2011, 08:34 AM   #82
BeerMonkeY
2007 JK Wrangler 

ok just didnt want to mess anything up. funny though , thats how ill be getting a cage when my sons old enough to wheel with me. no thtat id ever do a trail where i could roll with him in the jeep.
Unread 04-01-2011, 09:50 AM   #83
shredd_guy
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Well thanks for posting the pics before you took them off. I just picked mine up the other day and really like them,, spacers be damned. what are you going to do with them?
Unread 04-01-2011, 06:03 PM   #84
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredd_guy View Post
Well thanks for posting the pics before you took them off. I just picked mine up the other day and really like them,, spacers be damned. what are you going to do with them?
Ebay! Have very good luck there. Sold sets of wheels and tires to springs there!
Unread 04-02-2011, 12:00 AM   #85
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

A little update. Wasnt going to do anything to the Jeep this weekend due to trip on Saturday but the bumper arrived and it lured me into starting it. Heres a couple starter pics .
Unread 04-02-2011, 09:56 AM   #86
krutj
2009 JK Wrangler 

Lookin' good bro...

Some H-4 headlights and a blacked out grill and the front will be awesome....(I know, I'm a dick) Did you get wire rope or synthetic?

BTW...nice garage!!
Unread 04-02-2011, 07:53 PM   #87
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krutj View Post
Lookin' good bro...

Some H-4 headlights and a blacked out grill and the front will be awesome....(I know, I'm a dick) Did you get wire rope or synthetic?

BTW...nice garage!!
Shut up with the black grill!!!!! Kidding Joel, actually looking into a cheap grill to blackout and bedline. and the winch is the Smittybilt comp series with synthetic line. Got a great deal locally here. Trying to keep down on the weight in front.
Unread 04-02-2011, 08:25 PM   #88
HalaMadrid

Nice ! where did you get your tires and rims on your black Wrangler?
HalaMadrid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2011, 08:32 PM   #89
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalaMadrid View Post
Nice ! where did you get your tires and rims on your black Wrangler?
Tires from local Goodyear dealer.Their Duratracs. Wheels are AEV Savagre.I just ordered a set for my tan Jeep and the best deal (free shipping) Is from Northridge 4X4
Unread 04-03-2011, 05:01 AM   #90
krutj
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdsjk View Post
Shut up with the black grill!!!!! Kidding Joel, actually looking into a cheap grill to blackout and bedline. and the winch is the Smittybil tCcomp series with synthetic line. Got a great deal locally here. Trying to keep down on the weight in front.
One thing that you may want to look at while you're working on the front...make sure you can get the grill off with the winch in place....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.