Ok, Its Official, I'm Back Sahara Tan Sahara Build - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Ok, Its Official, I'm Back Sahara Tan Sahara Build

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDual Color LED Light Bars White/Amber

Unread 03-18-2011, 08:24 PM   #46
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdsjk View Post
I hope to replace them with Rubi sliders.
I figured you'd want more protection, but until you get the sliders, if you have extra paint.

Vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2011, 09:13 PM   #47
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerMonkeY View Post
def better
Thanks! And how ya feeling? And your dash top still here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
I'm liking the caps. So those are from your OEM steelies?
Yes, I had to mod a bit though!
dvdsjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2011, 07:46 AM   #48
krutj
2009 JK Wrangler 

The caps look great and will keep a lot of PA road crap off the threads and such...

I'm really liking the steelies....

Wish I could use your take offs, I was looking forward to driving over...
Unread 03-19-2011, 07:51 AM   #49
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krutj View Post
The caps look great and will keep a lot of PA road crap off the threads and such...

I'm really liking the steelies....

Wish I could use your take offs, I was looking forward to driving over...
Thanks Joel! And as for the takeoffs, I'll let you know if I decide to break them down and seperate everything. My brother was supposed to come down and decide on them but he better hurry, cause' the mods are calling!
Unread 03-19-2011, 08:17 AM   #50
krutj
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks Joel! And as for the takeoffs, I'll let you know if I decide to break them down and seperate everything. My brother was supposed to come down and decide on them but he better hurry, cause' the mods are calling!
I am biased, but I think you need a black grill....are you considering another snorkel? Lots of new stuff out there now, I keep holding off because every time I look, there's a new design...gettin' time for me to pull the trigger.

How's the weather over East? 60 here yesterday, 31 right now..good ole PA.......
Unread 03-19-2011, 08:21 AM   #51
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I am biased, but I think you need a black grill....are you considering another snorkel? Lots of new stuff out there now, I keep holding off because every time I look, there's a new design...gettin' time for me to pull the trigger.

How's the weather over East? 60 here yesterday, 31 right now..good ole PA.......
I really like the new river raider cowl snorkle. And the weather? Its winter again! But tonight its the little Penguins ice hockey and beer! So who cares!
Unread 03-19-2011, 08:23 AM   #52
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Oh and the grill, I'm waiting to see what bumper and guard I go with. That may blacken it up a bit! I just sold my black grill before I bought this!
Unread 03-19-2011, 12:11 PM   #53
krutj
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I really like the new river raider cowl snorkle. And the weather? Its winter again! But tonight its the little Penguins ice hockey and beer! So who cares!
Hell yes, Bro...it's a hockey night, I'm workin' on the beers right now. Are tickets tuff to get for the baby pens? If not, I'd like to come over w/the wife and watch a game, after a good steak dinner...??? We go to Sarasota Fla. at this time of year, mostly, but staying home this year, need a trip...

Quote:
Oh and the grill, I'm waiting to see what bumper and guard I go with. That may blacken it up a bit! I just sold my black grill before I bought this!
That light color of your new Sahara is gonna show all the bugs and chips, I'm gonna keep pestering you until you black it out..... Go Pens!
Unread 03-20-2011, 07:40 PM   #54
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Hell yes, Bro...it's a hockey night, I'm workin' on the beers right now. Are tickets tuff to get for the baby pens? If not, I'd like to come over w/the wife and watch a game, after a good steak dinner...??? We go to Sarasota Fla. at this time of year, mostly, but staying home this year, need a trip...

That light color of your new Sahara is gonna show all the bugs and chips, I'm gonna keep pestering you until you black it out..... Go Pens!
>>I would call ahead to the Mohegan Sun Arena and reserve a couple as soon as you know when your coming down. They made the playoffs and will be real popular again. Let me know when your heading this way. We use the wifes bosses tickets sometime and I'll buy you a beer! Oh and this week we had a box because they advertise. Free food and beer!

And this isn't completely ruled out yet!
Unread 03-20-2011, 08:25 PM   #55
shredd_guy
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Looks great. I like the black wheels (i just bought some) and Ill be interested in seeing how they look color matched. [I] am starting a similar build this week although its on a white 2011 4 door. Looks like Ill need some spacers I was thinking I might..thanks for breaking trail for me.
shredd_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2011, 08:36 PM   #56
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredd_guy View Post
Looks great. I like the black wheels (i just bought some) and Ill be interested in seeing how they look color matched. [I] am starting a similar build this week although its on a white 2011 4 door. Looks like Ill need some spacers I was thinking I might..thanks for breaking trail for me.
Anytime! I think I would have used one inch spacers, as these Inch and a halfs put the wheels out just a hair past the flaires.
Unread 03-20-2011, 09:24 PM   #57
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

I think that 1-1/4" spacers are the shortest that will work with the length of the lugs. Anything less and the lugs will be beyond the spacer.
Looking great

99% of Your JK Questions will be Answered Here
JK F.A.Q./WILL IT RUB and Popular Threads

Protect Our Rights to Freedom and the Environment
Visit the EnviroBeat
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2011, 03:39 AM   #58
shredd_guy
1992 XJ Cherokee 

nice thanks for posting that shot.
Unread 03-21-2011, 09:45 AM   #59
krutj
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
>>I would call ahead to the Mohegan Sun Arena and reserve a couple as soon as you know when your coming down. They made the playoffs and will be real popular again. Let me know when your heading this way. We use the wifes bosses tickets sometime and I'll buy you a beer! Oh and this week we had a box because they advertise. Free food and beer!

And this isn't completely ruled out yet!
The biggest problem that I currently have is getting time off for me & mama at the same time...

I'm going through a plant upgrade right now, gotta be here to keep an eye on the contractors..lol

I've gotta get over there pretty soon, need to visit my sis in Mountaintop, been putting that off for too long. I will definitely let you know..beer sounds great!!
Unread 03-21-2011, 08:09 PM   #60
shredd_guy
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Anytime! I think I would have used one inch spacers, as these Inch and a halfs put the wheels out just a hair past the flaires.
Hey i have been geeking around putting whells on images of my build so i thought you might want to see what the color match might look like. providing the link works that is,,,

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.