Ok, Its Official, I'm Back Sahara Tan Sahara Build - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Ok, Its Official, I'm Back Sahara Tan Sahara Build

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 03-11-2011, 06:05 PM   #31
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZORBILL View Post
It does need a little boost. Maybe some Rubi coils and a small spacer (3/4)? I picked up a little over 2" with that set up for cheap. Wheels and tires look great though, I like that color even more now!

Welcome back too by the way!!
Thanks RAZORBILL! Did the rubi spring thing on the last JK worked great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krutj View Post
What size are they? I think the ones on there now are 245/55/17, but I'm not at home to check. The wheels will work for sure, and I'm contemplating a new suspension the the WJ too....

Nice save on the third brake light...you'll have that JK looking as good as the last one, I'm sure..
Hey Joel!Thanks! The tires are Bridgestone Dueler AT's 255/70-18

dvdsjk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2011, 06:06 PM   #32
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07BlackOps View Post
Lookin good Dave. I called the Scranton IBEW, they have no apprenticeships until later in the year. Thanx for that info.
Thanks man! Don't give up on it!
Unread 03-11-2011, 07:21 PM   #33
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

So it sit's like the stock Moabs, huh? I guess they are using spacers on the Overlander.
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2011, 08:59 PM   #34
trickman03
2003 WJ 

`
trickman03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2011, 07:59 AM   #35
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
So it sit's like the stock Moabs, huh? I guess they are using spacers on the Overlander.
Definetly had the spacers. Thats why I'm going inch and a half to bring it out even with the flares. Man I can't believe how far back these sit. I should have known by looking at the things, duh! One good thing though, the spacers are hub-centric! And they come with Locktite!
Unread 03-12-2011, 08:51 AM   #36
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

Sweet. This is going to look bad *** with match painted wheels. If you have some extra paint, are you going to hit the plastic step too?
Unread 03-12-2011, 08:57 AM   #37
Jeeprin
2008 JK Wrangler 

Bfg km2
08" X, 2DR, Jeep Green, RIPP Gen II Supercharger, Custom painted graphite MB Stryker 16" wheels, 35" Dura-Tracs, flat fenders, XRC Front bumper w/ XRC 8 winch, Superchips Flashpaq, Safari Straps, OME/ARB MD coils, Bilstein 5100's, JKS front and rear track bars, Superior 5.13 gears, Detroit True Trac LSD, A to Z Fab Rock Sliders
Jeeprin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2011, 09:02 AM   #38
Jeeprin
2008 JK Wrangler 

Man, I really dig those AEV wheels the more I see them. Hub centric is the way to go.
08" X, 2DR, Jeep Green, RIPP Gen II Supercharger, Custom painted graphite MB Stryker 16" wheels, 35" Dura-Tracs, flat fenders, XRC Front bumper w/ XRC 8 winch, Superchips Flashpaq, Safari Straps, OME/ARB MD coils, Bilstein 5100's, JKS front and rear track bars, Superior 5.13 gears, Detroit True Trac LSD, A to Z Fab Rock Sliders
Jeeprin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2011, 11:28 AM   #39
john304
2010 JK Wrangler 

I love the color. Gotta wait to see those wheels though before I make a decision =\
john304 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2011, 08:33 PM   #40
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

A little update! Spacers arrived today.License plate delete panel came today. Rock Hard 4x4 license plate relocation bracket should be here tommorrow. Paint for wheels won't arrive till Monday! I hate it when things just don't mesh at once. Now I'll probably wait till next weekend to rip and paint.
Unread 03-17-2011, 08:34 PM   #41
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
Sweet. This is going to look bad *** with match painted wheels. If you have some extra paint, are you going to hit the plastic step too?
I hope to replace them with Rubi sliders.
Unread 03-18-2011, 03:44 PM   #42
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Could'nt wait for the paint. I wanted to see if the wheels would look better to me if the spacers were on. Many warnings to make sure your hub is clean so I scrubbbed and painted first. They are hub-centric both sides. Then I appllied the lok-tite and torqued! I realy like the way its coming out so far. Paint is due monday so I'll wait for a decent day for that. There way too shiny. Also tried my old caps painted for a finished look. Still debating. Opinions on caps anyone?
Unread 03-18-2011, 03:47 PM   #43
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Two more for a before and after spacers .
Unread 03-18-2011, 03:50 PM   #44
BeerMonkeY
2007 JK Wrangler 

def better
Unread 03-18-2011, 08:22 PM   #45
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

I'm liking the caps. So those are from your OEM steelies?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.