Ok, Its Official, I'm Back Sahara Tan Sahara Build - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Ok, Its Official, I'm Back Sahara Tan Sahara Build

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-09-2011, 07:24 PM   #151
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
I still say until you get sliders, that you paint the step if you have extra. You might as well do the mirrors and handles too.
I just might Vin!!
20-20 hindsight do you regreat not getting the color-matched top?
I wanted A total tan Sahara hardtop with nav.Told my dealer what I could pay. He showed me that the hardtops that were color matched in the area were all loaded and had leather etc. Probably no deal! He searched hard for me and found this one from a dealer in upstate NY who had a whole lot of Wranglers. All black tops. They gave him a great price on the color I wanted but no color match top and would not take another new car as trade. So he sent 2 guys for it.I did get a hellava deal on it. And I'm happy for that! Oh but the soft top is going on for the summer so ya dont know what will come out of my garage this fall!! I got to give my salesman credit. It took him a bit but he made it happen!

dvdsjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2011, 06:28 AM   #152
crzylgzz
2011 JK Wrangler 

The Tan jk is a really good lookin color. I also have it. Great choice.
crzylgzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2011, 07:06 PM   #153
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzylgzz View Post
The Tan jk is a really good lookin color. I also have it. Great choice.
Thanks and luck with yours!! Little update, hard top put in storage today and soft top came out of her cocoon! Since I bought it the dual top was sitting behind my back seat for a couple of months still in factory wrapping!
Unread 05-10-2011, 10:01 PM   #154
07BlackOps
2007 JK Wrangler 

Dave, way too much tan on that thing. Someones gonna think youre on a UN peacekeeping mission. LOL
07BlackOps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2011, 09:35 AM   #155
NapaWheeler
2011 JK Wrangler 

JKUs in the Sahara Tan have been fairly difficult to locate in my area, especially with side airbags. My dealer was finally able to locate one for me this past weekend.

Great work BTW with your project.
NapaWheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2011, 03:24 PM   #156
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NapaWheeler View Post
JKUs in the Sahara Tan have been fairly difficult to locate in my area, especially with side airbags. My dealer was finally able to locate one for me this past weekend.

Great work BTW with your project.
Thanks NapaWheeler. I don't see too many around yet. I kinda like it that way. I fell in love with the tan. Easy to care for and always looks clean! Good luck with yours!
Unread 05-13-2011, 10:06 AM   #157
krutj
2009 JK Wrangler 

The more that I look at your new wheels, the more I want 'em!!

This project is coming together very nicely!
Unread 05-14-2011, 08:09 PM   #158
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krutj View Post
The more that I look at your new wheels, the more I want 'em!!

This project is coming together very nicely!
Thanks Joel!! Hold off on the AEV wheels though. Having trouble balancing especially one really bad rear one. It took a ton of weight as the tire installer said.It would definetly cause problems if it goes to the front they told me. So what goods a wheel if you cant balance or rotate it! Tires not a problem as I had them on the mopar wheels with no problems. AEV doesnt have any wheels in stock nor can they get one. Makes me believe there having manufacturer problems.
Unread 05-15-2011, 10:05 AM   #159
krutj
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdsjk View Post
Thanks Joel!! Hold off on the AEV wheels though. Having trouble balancing especially one really bad rear one. It took a ton of weight as the tire installer said.It would definetly cause problems if it goes to the front they told me. So what goods a wheel if you cant balance or rotate it! Tires not a problem as I had them on the mopar wheels with no problems. AEV doesnt have any wheels in stock nor can they get one. Makes me believe there having manufacturer problems.
Do you think a machine shop could put it on a lathe and figure out the problem area? Sorry to hear this......the JK sure looks great though!
Unread 05-15-2011, 12:38 PM   #160
Blu-Jacket
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdsjk View Post

just curious, did the tire installer use the finger plates to balance?
Blu-Jacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2011, 02:50 PM   #161
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krutj View Post
Do you think a machine shop could put it on a lathe and figure out the problem area? Sorry to hear this......the JK sure looks great though!
I think l'm going to change my spare out. And thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Jacket View Post
just curious, did the tire installer use the finger plates to balance?
Not sure on this but when he swaps my spare out i will ask!
Unread 05-24-2011, 08:30 PM   #162
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Just an update. Did not change out the spare yet. And heres an updated pic as I'm experimenting with the factory Sahara Tan.
Unread 05-24-2011, 08:33 PM   #163
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Oh I have to add the soft top is on as you can see and also I installled a set of SmittyBilt neoprene seat covers today. The only bad part is that the rear head rest covers do not fit. I know their taller in the 11's but they advertise that it will work.
Unread 05-24-2011, 08:35 PM   #164
CooterTKE
2010 JK Wrangler 

Have you noticed any mpg gain with the river raider snorkel? Also it looks like it would block any windshield lights. otherwise I love the look of the tan.
CooterTKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2011, 09:37 PM   #165
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooterTKE View Post
Have you noticed any mpg gain with the river raider snorkel? Also it looks like it would block any windshield lights. otherwise I love the look of the tan.
I havent checked on any MPG gains. I was waiting till I install the k&n filter to check. Also the snorkel cap that comes with it is supposed to accommodate the windshield lights. I put on the larger pre filter.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.