OK!! Its Official!The dvdsjk black 2dr Rubi Build!! - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > OK!! Its Official!The dvdsjk black 2dr Rubi Build!!

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-Load

Unread 10-09-2012, 07:33 PM   #106
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Grilles painted and on! Also installed a new Donaldson pre-cleaner on the snokel air inlet.

dvdsjk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2012, 07:59 PM   #107
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Those angry eyes grills are starting to grow on me, someone help me, please.
Unread 10-10-2012, 05:03 AM   #108
krutj
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
Me too.....
Unread 10-16-2012, 06:22 PM   #109
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by krutj View Post
Me too.....
It just proves you guys have good taste !!!
Unread 10-16-2012, 06:26 PM   #110
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Breaking news!! Trying to locate another Tite Top half top! Have a few leads! I have the urge to cut a new Rubi. This one though will be more sporty rather than military looking. Kinda like a Scrambler.
Unread 10-17-2012, 01:30 PM   #111
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

I think you need some supervision and meds, quick; just kidding of course. So will this be another Jeep that youíll be doing this on?
Unread 10-17-2012, 02:39 PM   #112
krutj
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I think you need some supervision and meds, quick; just kidding of course. So will this be another Jeep that youíll be doing this on?
John, I agree....on one hand, on the other, anyone looking for a clean modified JK, should keep an eye on this thread....for when this Rubi comes up for sale...
I looked it over this weekend, the first thing that I said was.." this is just wrong, there's not a bit of dirt, ANYWHERE".
To be fair, dvdsjk, has a company car, his JK is in the garage, in pristine condition(with 2k or so) and looks to be in showroom condition....
I keep telling dvdsjk that he should start customizing JK's, he's very good at that.....
Unread 10-17-2012, 04:15 PM   #113
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krutj View Post
John, I agree....on one hand, on the other, anyone looking for a clean modified JK, should keep an eye on this thread....for when this Rubi comes up for sale...
I looked it over this weekend, the first thing that I said was.." this is just wrong, there's not a bit of dirt, ANYWHERE".
To be fair, dvdsjk, has a company car, his JK is in the garage, in pristine condition(with 2k or so) and looks to be in showroom condition....
I keep telling dvdsjk that he should start customizing JK's, he's very good at that.....
Youíre lucky; I would love to see his Jeep up close and personal. As far as him customizing Jeeps it sure seems like he has the skills. I wish I was a lot younger, had the money and time to mod Jeeps too, but it just ainít happing, so the next best thing for me is to enjoy what dvdsjk and others are doing.
Unread 10-17-2012, 05:29 PM   #114
krutj
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Youíre lucky; I would love to see his Jeep up close and personal. As far as him customizing Jeeps it sure seems like he has the skills. I wish I was a lot younger, had the money and time to mod Jeeps too, but it just ainít happing, so the next best thing for me is to enjoy what dvdsjk and others are doing.
I hear ya John, I'm doing the opposite, in 38 months, I'm closing in on 8ok on my JK. My JK is mostly stock (other than the lighting) except for cosmetic stuff. This JK still drives like new, and over the weekend, I drove across the state of PA, on a two lane road with many hills(mountains) and still averaged 20.6 mpg. I did drive like an old lady though....
I don't need the "look" that so many of the young guys are wanting....I maintain my JK meticulously, and have all the records and receipts.
This JK has been the most trouble free, reliable vehicle that I've owned, and at my age, I've owned a sh*t pile of 'em
That being said, dvdsjk does have a great talent for modding JK's, his current JK Rubi is awesome, I'd like to see Dave be able to use one of his creations......
I think that I have more stone chips on mine, than dvdsjk has miles on his JK Rubi...........
Hey dvdsjk good seeing ya....we were way up above Carbondale by dinner time.....lol
Unread 10-19-2012, 08:56 PM   #115
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Joel good finally meeting you in person. Next time we're definitely talking you guys to dinner!!! And 1222 at 52 I'm on more meds than Joel has stone chips!!!
OK I'm posting this pic to show a little dirt any way. No mud to be found due to lack of rain! Also wanted to post it to give one more pic with the full top. Half top is on the way!!!!! Talked to Jack at Avenger and ordered the top today before he heads to Moab next week. Should be here in or around 2weeks!
Unread 10-19-2012, 09:23 PM   #116
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

I hear you about the meds; I take 7 in the morning and 4 at night. I guess I should go out and check how many stone chips I have so I can compare.

Anyhow, a question or two on your LED light bar. Are you happy with it as far as how well the light is thrown down the road, and mounted where it is, do you get much unwanted hood glare?

I just recently bought myself (or should I say my Jeep) a light bar too but have yet to mount it. Thanks.
Unread 10-19-2012, 09:44 PM   #117
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Love where its mounted and it throws so much light foward there's practically no hood glare.
Unread 10-19-2012, 10:56 PM   #118
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the reply. Hood glare was/is a major concern for me. I never really liked the looks of the light bars over the round HIDs but I thought Iíd give it try this time around just for the heck of it and ease of wiring. Mine will be mounted back further and I hope it will work as well as yours does.
Unread 10-20-2012, 09:10 PM   #119
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. Hood glare was/is a major concern for me. I never really liked the looks of the light bars over the round HIDs but I thought Iíd give it try this time around just for the heck of it and ease of wiring. Mine will be mounted back further and I hope it will work as well as yours does.
They are easy to mount and wire for sure!! And I did the round HID on my 09. They we're Impressive for sure. But the LED are pretty amazing especially with the low amp draw
Unread 11-25-2012, 06:55 PM   #120
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Well just a bit of an update! Still waiting on Tite Top from Avenger. Been over a month and hopefully will get some news this week. Also ordered the Genright Shorty bumper and trail bar. Hopefully that ships this week. I did get my winch!! The Warn Zeon 8. Im installing my old synthetic line on her!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.