OK!! Its Official!The dvdsjk black 2dr Rubi Build!! - Page 22 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > OK!! Its Official!The dvdsjk black 2dr Rubi Build!!

August special - FREE XJ Unibody stiffeners when you buy a~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!

Unread 01-24-2014, 08:22 PM   #316
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
Man Iím hatting myself at the moment. Itís been a while since Iíve checked in on yours (dvdsjk), awinski and a couple of others build threads and now I have a lot of catching up to do. Kinda feel embarrassed and whatnot but also looking forward to it too.
Let me know what you think 1222!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski View Post
that might be it, it looks amazing but i keep loking at it like it needs something, i can't think of what it is!

1222 feel free to leave a post in mine!
I know awinski!!! I my leave it a bit. I have to feel it out. But changes will be made!! Ha!

dvdsjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2014, 04:53 AM   #317
bhoch
2012 JK Wrangler 

Only thing I would do is extend the top curved part over on each side. Personally I like the look of the tire the way it is now.

Bill
bhoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2014, 06:37 AM   #318
JugglingSuns120
2010 JK Wrangler 

First off.. This build is great, at first I thought opening up the back of a 2 door wasnt going to work. With the tour carrier you have though I have to say that I love the look.

For the back tailgate I like the overall shape a lot. I wouldn't change the cutout in the middle. I agree that the top should be bent over to match the lines of the body.
JugglingSuns120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2014, 09:59 AM   #319
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoch View Post
Only thing I would do is extend the top curved part over on each side. Personally I like the look of the tire the way it is now.

Bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingSuns120 View Post
First off.. This build is great, at first I thought opening up the back of a 2 door wasnt going to work. With the tour carrier you have though I have to say that I love the look.

For the back tailgate I like the overall shape a lot. I wouldn't change the cutout in the middle. I agree that the top should be bent over to match the lines of the body.
Thanks guys !! As for the bend I didnt do it because I wanted to follow the lines of the corner guards. Also if I tried it with the thick plate Im sure I would have screwed it up somehow! This stuff is thick and unless u have some press or something you can never get both sides to match.
Unread 01-25-2014, 10:54 AM   #320
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Well I think it would look good either way, bent top or not. What you have there is so unique that it would have to be a hack job (which of course it isnít) for anyone not to like it.

Have you ever thought of making it a drop gate so it would be easier to remove the tire if needed? Another advantage to that would be loading and unloading of gear and of course you would have a platform to sit on (eating lunch and whatnot) and work off of too.
Unread 01-25-2014, 11:00 AM   #321
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
Well I think it would look good either way, bent top or not. What you have there is so unique that it would have to be a hack job (which of course it isnít) for anyone not to like it.

Have you ever thought of making it a drop gate so it would be easier to remove the tire if needed? Another advantage to that would be loading and unloading of gear and of course you would have a platform to sit on (eating lunch and whatnot) and work off of too.
Actually i did. That would be a good spring project! Looking into the Swag kit to see if i could adapt it. I saved my rubber from the gate area in case. The only thing I would have to fab would be latches to hold it closed. I was thinking old school step side "chain" type holders.
Unread 01-25-2014, 11:00 AM   #322
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Oh and thanks 1222. appreciate the feedback!!
Unread 01-26-2014, 06:26 PM   #323
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Ok did two things to the Jeep today. First I installed thre River Raider Smilin Bobs breather hose kit!
Second I washed it!! After the grinding in the garage I noticed some dust that kinda started turning rusty all over everything!

Unread 02-03-2014, 06:48 PM   #324
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Installed the aFe High Tuck cat back system!

Unread 02-03-2014, 09:22 PM   #325
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdsjk View Post
Installed the aFe High Tuck cat back system!

Nice, what did that run ya?

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2014, 11:30 AM   #326
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanimal View Post
Nice, what did that run ya?
Thanks Tanimal ! Ran me $350.00
Unread 02-04-2014, 01:58 PM   #327
awinski
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks Tanimal ! Ran me $350.00
hows it sound?
Unread 02-04-2014, 03:32 PM   #328
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski View Post
hows it sound?
The jury's still out. Sounds good but a bit loud. I was told it tones down a bit. Or I'll get use to it! Ha!
Unread 02-04-2014, 06:35 PM   #329
awinski
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
The jury's still out. Sounds good but a bit loud. I was told it tones down a bit. Or I'll get use to it! Ha!
haha gotcha, i have a cherry bomb right now which i love, but seems to be a bit of a pain for anyone in the back seat. i think ill be going with something rather quiet
Unread 02-05-2014, 05:11 PM   #330
ryanryan03
2010 JK Wrangler 

Really enjoying this build as I have a black 2 door Jk also.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.