OK!! Its Official!The dvdsjk black 2dr Rubi Build!! - Page 21 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > OK!! Its Official!The dvdsjk black 2dr Rubi Build!!

New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery MountsComplete Axle Options Expanded !!!! ECGSNEW Smittybilt Gen 2 9.5 winch at JeepHut.com

Unread 01-12-2014, 12:51 PM   #301
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski View Post
man this is gonna look awesome! really loving how this jeep is coming together!
Thanks!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared89 View Post
looking good. How long did it take it take for your posion spyder bumper to ship. Still waiting for my aluminum crusher flares to ship .
Thanks , and the bumper was already in stock. So I had it in 2weeks. Expect 1week after you get a tracking number for shipping to Pa.

dvdsjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2014, 05:47 PM   #302
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Ok so my buddy Brian was up. He did my roll bar finishing and rack build. I showed him an Idea i had to finish up the back of the Jeep once the corners are on. Hes gonna plasma cut it for me. Not sure Im doing holes yet. I can do that later! Heres what I came up with!

Unread 01-12-2014, 07:16 PM   #303
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

that looks amazing, i would take out the bottom hole, and maybe add a piece that's removable but would make it a complete tail gate incase you need the bed
Unread 01-12-2014, 07:27 PM   #304
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
that looks amazing, i would take out the bottom hole, and maybe add a piece that's removable but would make it a complete tail gate incase you need the bed
Thanks!!! Actually the whole thing will easily remove with thumb screws. I plan on nutserting the flange that the weatherstrip rests against. If all goes well that is!! The tire carrier is also easily removed. A large wing in the rear on the floor and two bolts up front.
Unread 01-12-2014, 08:03 PM   #305
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

good to hear, can't wait to see the finished product
Unread 01-18-2014, 12:01 PM   #306
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Everything landed back from the powder coater the next day!!! He did it Sunday night!!
Ok so heres where I'm at:

Front bumper went smooth, no problems except I had to grind a bit more on my end. Love it! The skid came with the disco relocator kit. Nice!

Rear corners were a bit of a pain but worth it!! Heavy duty!!
Gotta love the stuff made right here in the USA!!!

Next the gate was cut by my welder buddy Brian who did my rollbar.Gotta love the plasma cutter! At first I was going to roll the ends to the curve of the old gate but this crap wasnt to flexy!! So I cut a few inches off the top and sent out for powder coat! Till next week!!

Unread 01-18-2014, 12:07 PM   #307
Jared89
2011 JK Wrangler 

Looking good. Who did the powder coating for you?
Unread 01-18-2014, 12:10 PM   #308
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Looking good. Who did the powder coating for you?
Thanks Jared !! I know a guy here in Exeter that powder coats on the side. Hes actually a contractor. He helps another guy out with his business and uses his stuff off hours! Very reasonable!
Unread 01-18-2014, 12:13 PM   #309
Jared89
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdsjk View Post
Thanks Jared !! I know a guy here in Exeter that powder coats on the side. Hes actually a contractor. He helps another guy out with his business and uses his stuff off hours! Very reasonable!
Good to know once I get my crusher flares fitted I'll probably be going for powder coat. Seems like there are only a handful of places around here that do powder coating.
Unread 01-20-2014, 06:11 PM   #310
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Good to know once I get my crusher flares fitted I'll probably be going for powder coat. Seems like there are only a handful of places around here that do powder coating.
This guys good and fast. but theres a few around who do better if you can wait!
Unread 01-23-2014, 06:50 PM   #311
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Gate is on but im not too sure about it. Im going to cut a little more off the angles to show a little more tire. I also ordered more bolts for the gate from River Raider to match the corners.

Unread 01-23-2014, 08:24 PM   #312
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

idk man, more tire might look better, but i think the gate is looking sexy!!! personally i think it looks almost perfect with the angle the tire is at. maybe round the corners just a tad bit?
Unread 01-23-2014, 08:39 PM   #313
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
idk man, more tire might look better, but i think the gate is looking sexy!!! personally i think it looks almost perfect with the angle the tire is at. maybe round the corners just a tad bit?
I never thought of rounding the corners! Maybe thats what it needs!!
Unread 01-24-2014, 11:04 AM   #314
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Man Iím hatting myself at the moment. Itís been a while since Iíve checked in on yours (dvdsjk), awinski and a couple of others build threads and now I have a lot of catching up to do. Kinda feel embarrassed and whatnot but also looking forward to it too.
Unread 01-24-2014, 01:53 PM   #315
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

that might be it, it looks amazing but i keep loking at it like it needs something, i can't think of what it is!

1222 feel free to leave a post in mine!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.