OK!! Its Official!The dvdsjk black 2dr Rubi Build!! - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > OK!! Its Official!The dvdsjk black 2dr Rubi Build!!

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 02-01-2013, 07:45 PM   #181
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
Lookin' good, Dave!
Thanks Vin !!!
And a little update! I purchased a used poison spyder rear brawler bumper and tire carrier. Even has the LED lights in the bumper! Getting powder coated as we speak!!

dvdsjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 06:46 PM   #182
krutj
2009 JK Wrangler 

Have you got any mud on it yet??????????

Yeah, I've been absent for a while........

Looks a little different since I was there.......
Unread 02-05-2013, 06:59 PM   #183
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Jeez Joel I thought ya left for good!!! Where ya been? And whats this stuff you call mud? Nuttin but salt here!!
Unread 02-05-2013, 07:00 PM   #184
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Back Bumper is back from powder coaters! Bought it used from a member! It came out great!! Poison Spyder was a real disappointment !!! I tried for over a week to order parts for this bumper and nobody there knows how to price out the parts !!! I would never buy a new one from them knowing that replacement parts were so difficult to obtain! So on it goes with the parts that came with it!! Pics tomorrow of install.

Unread 02-06-2013, 06:23 PM   #185
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

And Its On!! Since poison spyder never got back to me on parts i had to improvise. I gotta tell you, the nutsert tool saved the day. There were no u-clips for the bolts that had to be installed but the tool came thru!

Unread 02-07-2013, 11:55 AM   #186
krutj
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdsjk View Post
Jeez Joel I thought ya left for good!!! Where ya been? And whats this stuff you call mud? Nuttin but salt here!!
Nah, I didn't leave for good, just focusing on other things....I've got a very nice '01 Dodge P/U that's been getting attention lately and I've also been working at migrating files from my work desktop to a new work laptop, talk about pita....

A better question would be...have you had much of a chance of driving the new JK? When I saw it, you could have put it back on the showroom floor....and I certainly understand why....I do have to say, when I look at this one....it's deja vous all over again...
Unread 02-07-2013, 07:10 PM   #187
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krutj View Post
Nah, I didn't leave for good, just focusing on other things....I've got a very nice '01 Dodge P/U that's been getting attention lately and I've also been working at migrating files from my work desktop to a new work laptop, talk about pita....

A better question would be...have you had much of a chance of driving the new JK? When I saw it, you could have put it back on the showroom floor....and I certainly understand why....I do have to say, when I look at this one....it's deja vous all over again...
No time Joel! Work is busy and the house is also on the boards. Thats why this ones taking a bit longer!!! Oh and Im going to try to change this one up a bit toward the end!
Unread 02-08-2013, 07:23 AM   #188
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

dvdsjk that bumper looks great/new and is a plus for your Jeep.

Have you had a chance to use the backup lights yet and if so how well do they light things up while backing up?

krutj/Joel itís nice to see you back again too. I hate it when I get to be good friends with members here and then all of a sudden they disappear. Your #1 priority is the dog you rescued and the JK tech forum, remember that.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 07:53 PM   #189
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
dvdsjk that bumper looks great/new and is a plus for your Jeep.

Have you had a chance to use the backup lights yet and if so how well do they light things up while backing up?

krutj/Joel itís nice to see you back again too. I hate it when I get to be good friends with members here and then all of a sudden they disappear. Your #1 priority is the dog you rescued and the JK tech forum, remember that.
Thanks 1222!!! And I'll let you know on the backup lights. And I agree on the Joel thing. He better start paying more attention to this forum!!! Ha!
Right now im messing with the idea of a deck cover . Had an upholsterer Fab this up. Tried to remove roll bar boots. Not sure I'm loving it!

Unread 02-11-2013, 04:05 PM   #190
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdsjk

Thanks 1222!!! And I'll let you know on the backup lights. And I agree on the Joel thing. He better start paying more attention to this forum!!! Ha!
Right now im messing with the idea of a deck cover . Had an upholsterer Fab this up. Tried to remove roll bar boots. Not sure I'm loving it!
They need to make a hard top deck cover. If it were mine, I'd leave it open. Looks great regardless!

Rock Krawler | TeraFlex | Synergy | Fox | Poison Spyder | Genright | Nemesis | Vector | Springtail | Goodyear | MB Wheels | Tom Woods | Dirty Dog | Superchipís | sPOD | Truck-Lite | Beer

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/big-blues-kentucky-blue-jku-build-thread-1435478/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]BIG BLUE'S "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]
[COLOR="White"][CENTER]Always looking for advice![/CENTER][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"][B][CENTER][SIZE="2"]Looking to buy any JK Rubicon transfer case, except from a 12-14 auto.[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]
BigBlue7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 04:12 PM   #191
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue7 View Post
They need to make a hard top deck cover. If it were mine, I'd leave it open. Looks great regardless!
Thanks BigBlue7 !This is kind of a temporary fix till I could bedline her! That and have to deal with some roll bar issues. I want it to look complete when the tops off for the summer. Heres the pics with bumpers on!

Unread 02-11-2013, 04:21 PM   #192
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

Thanks BigBlue7 !This is kind of a temporary fix till I could bedline her! That and have to deal with some roll bar issues. I want it to look complete when the tops off for the summer. Heres the pics with bumpers on!
What did you put on your body in the last picture? Rear corner area btw the bumper and fender?

Rock Krawler | TeraFlex | Synergy | Fox | Poison Spyder | Genright | Nemesis | Vector | Springtail | Goodyear | MB Wheels | Tom Woods | Dirty Dog | Superchipís | sPOD | Truck-Lite | Beer

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/big-blues-kentucky-blue-jku-build-thread-1435478/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]BIG BLUE'S "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]

[COLOR="Blue"][B][CENTER][SIZE="2"]Looking to buy any JK Rubicon transfer case, except from a 12-14 auto.[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]
Unread 02-11-2013, 04:32 PM   #193
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
What did you put on your body in the last picture? Rear corner area btw the bumper and fender?
Nothing unless you mean the catch for the spare tire carrier?
Unread 02-11-2013, 04:43 PM   #194
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

Nothing unless you mean the catch for the spare tire carrier?
Oh never mind, it's a shadow or something.

Unread 02-11-2013, 07:21 PM   #195
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Oh never mind, it's a shadow or something.
I see what you mean. Kinda looks like I finshed the pinchweld off a bit.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.