Oil pressure control sensor - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Oil pressure control sensor

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineWe have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 09-22-2013, 10:36 AM   #1
tristan11

Oil pressure control sensor

2013 wrangler sport. Check engine light came on and the code read engine oil pressure control sensor stuck/off. Auto parts store were no help of course. It will be a few days before I can get it to a shop and I still need to drive it. Does anyone know if this could damage the jeep if I keep driving it a few days?

tristan11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2013, 10:42 AM   #2
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Your sure it's the sensor and not a real drop in oil pressure??

[COLOR="red"][B]For Sale:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/jk-4dr-black-painted-hard-top-1000-a-1541186/"][COLOR="Blue"]2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jkur-18-59-springs-shocks-1557427/"][COLOR="Purple"]JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks[/COLOR][/URL]

[SIZE="1"][B]97 TJ:[/B] daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
[B]98 TJ:[/B] Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
[B]06 LJ Rubicon:[/B] mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
[B]13 JKU Rubicon:[/B] Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs[/SIZE]
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2013, 10:44 AM   #3
tristan11

No I'm not sure. I'm not very tech savvy. Wouldn't the oil light come on if it was oil pressure?
Unread 09-22-2013, 12:06 PM   #4
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan11
No I'm not sure. I'm not very tech savvy. Wouldn't the oil light come on if it was oil pressure?
If the oil sensor is bunk the low oil pressure light won't come on either. Be on the safe side, Don't drive it till it's fixed .
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2013, 01:26 PM   #5
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

What does the dip stick show ??

JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2013, 01:39 PM   #6
ronjenx
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan11 View Post
2013 wrangler sport. Check engine light came on and the code read engine oil pressure control sensor stuck/off. Auto parts store were no help of course. It will be a few days before I can get it to a shop and I still need to drive it. Does anyone know if this could damage the jeep if I keep driving it a few days?
What was the code number?
ronjenx is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2013, 06:56 PM   #7
HllywdJeep
2012 JK Wrangler 

I am assuming you are plagued with the oh so fun P06DD that I had in mine... There is a thread on this forum about it. Problem ranges from incorrect oil filter, to torn pick-up tube seal, to bad sensor, to bad pressure solenoid, and finally, like my case, a bad oil pump. From my experience (not saying its safe to drive or this is happening with yours) it is usually just a temporary status and turning the engine off and back on restores the Jeep from limp mode where it limits your RPM. When the issue arises again, it chimes and goes back into limp mode. To set the code, the oil just has to be below a specified pressure for a fraction of time after the engine speed passes 3500 RPM. if you never cross that thresh hold and the light still comes on, then I would be really worried.

If it were me, I would call the dealer, leave a message if possible and bring it in when possible so they are at least aware you are trying to be proactive.
HllywdJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2013, 06:59 PM   #8
HllywdJeep
2012 JK Wrangler 

Search "check engine light - low oil pressure" on this forum and you will see what I am talking about. I think someone from Jeep even posted if JeepCares is a representative, with a few pictures.
HllywdJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 08:24 PM   #9
tristan11

Thanks everyone. The check engine light is off now, but I'm still going to have it looked at.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.