Oil preferences - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Oil preferences

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-25-2013, 07:14 PM   #31
RainmanEOD
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiblet

The chrysler spec requires two-years of testing. So any new formulation won't meet the spec until the test period is completed.

don't worry, it will.
Hahaha I figured it was something like that, I've used Mobil 1 in all my vehicles except my motorcycles and never had a problem. Thanks!

RainmanEOD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2013, 05:06 PM   #32
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaJeeper View Post
Just curious, are you saying the Jeep recommended intervals or that of the oil?
Jeep recommended intervals for warranty purposes.
SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2013, 06:56 PM   #33
Remmy18
2012 JK Wrangler 

Did a search and found this thread so I'm reviving.

How do I turn off the "oil change required" warning? I just changed the oil, over due.. Maybe it just goes off? Never seen it before. It came on today right before I changed it.

Thx.
Remmy18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2013, 07:31 PM   #34
ncb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remmy18
Did a search and found this thread so I'm reviving.

How do I turn off the "oil change required" warning? I just changed the oil, over due.. Maybe it just goes off? Never seen it before. It came on today right before I changed it.

Thx.
Turn the ignition to on (with out starting the engine) and fully press the accelerator three times in ten seconds. It's in the owners manual for future reference.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2013, 07:34 PM   #35
Remmy18
2012 JK Wrangler 

Thanks man! I glanced in the manual. Probably should've read it.
Remmy18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2013, 08:00 PM   #36
rock-rocker
I Love Wheelin'

2013 JK Wrangler 

I have always preferred Castrol Semi Synthetic myself. Been putting it in all my vehicles since Moby Dick was a minnow. I use 5W-20 which is called for by the manual and either a NAPA Gold or WIX filter. I'm pretty sure that NAPA Gold and WIX are the same. I never go longer than 5K on a oil change with always a fresh filter. To each his own just don't use a cheap filter and always use the Manufacturers recommended oil while under warranty and make sure you keep the receipts to prove the vehicle was maintained... HTH
Unread 08-13-2013, 03:58 AM   #37
Breitling
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckRunner09 View Post
My change oil light came on four the first time this week. Gonna change it tomorrow morning but haven't decided what to put in it. I'm leaning towards royal purple but is it worth the extra money? I can't find it in anything but 1 quart jugs and the best price on that is $8 a quart, can get mobile 1 for $23 for a 5 quart jug... Just out of curiosity what's everyone else running?

Mobile 1, 5w30 synthetic. Drove 30K with it on my former Grand Cherokee with same engine as my JKU, no single issue. Costco having this oil on sale very often.
Unread 08-13-2013, 10:00 AM   #38
dyjk44
2008 JK Wrangler 

Royal Purple here with a Purolator Gold filter. Got just over 100k on my '08 with no problems. Started running RP at 40k, changed front and rear diffs to it as well.
dyjk44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.