Oil Pan - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Oil Pan

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRoad Race Motorsports Stage 2 Power Pack

Unread 04-25-2007, 06:17 PM   #1
muttytruckster
2007 JK Wrangler 

Oil Pan

OK i haven't see anything like this on here, however after doing some off-roading i scratched a little on some rocks. So i got under the vechile after i got home to see how bad i scratch the skid plates, and i notice that was no skit plate directly covering the oil pan. Is the oil pan just made out of some thicker gauge metal, not that this is a problem currently, but if i were to come off a rock, suppose there is another rock that is slightly pointy, then it may puncture or dent the pan. Please someone advise me if they notice the same thing. 2007 4door Rubicon manual trans.
If this is suppost to be like this, then i am defiantly manufacturing something to put there, i DON"T WANT TO TAKE ANY CHANCES

muttytruckster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2007, 06:46 PM   #2
MichaelW

Yep, that's standard. Absolutely no protection whatsoever for the lifeblood of your Jeep. The pan is a pan nothing special and will rip open like a sardine can on the right (wrong) rock.

Check out the Skid Row skid plate. That's what I did. There may be others out there as well.
MichaelW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2007, 01:46 AM   #3
Poor Boy
All Around Nice Guy

2007 JK Wrangler 

the TJ's were the same way. this is a hugely vulnerable spot.
Feed my girlfriend.

Follow my girlfriend

Brew what you drink, drink what you brew

USN Hull number 54
Poor Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2007, 04:24 AM   #4
trw
2011 JK Wrangler 

same with the YJs, got some scrapes on mine.

goes along the line of....why on earth would you use a D35 in an OFFROAD vehicle?
1978 Jeep CJ-7 - 304 V8, TH400 auto and quadratrac
2007 Jeep Liberty - Mother's Jeep, BFG ATs and....mud?
trw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2007, 03:57 PM   #5
muttytruckster
2007 JK Wrangler 

Where do you go to see different skid plates for this area of the vechile?
muttytruckster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2007, 01:14 AM   #6
Poor Boy
All Around Nice Guy

2007 JK Wrangler 

i think skidrow is the only manufacturer with one out right now.
Feed my girlfriend.

Follow my girlfriend

Brew what you drink, drink what you brew

USN Hull number 54
Poor Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.