Oil, lift, and gears????? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Oil, lift, and gears?????

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!

Unread 05-21-2012, 09:24 PM   #1
Blck2012
2012 JK Wrangler 

Oil, lift, and gears?????

I am currently working but when I gt back onland I will be in need of a oil change,(at least after the drive home). Does anyone recommend synthetic in the Pentastar or should I go with the regular recommend Mopar oil?

And would any bolt-on power adders hurt my warranty? Like cold air intakes or exhaust? I see the problems that guy is having in that other thread and would like to avoid all of that headache I can.

And on another note I am looking at a Rusty's 3.25 lift with the dual shocks and 35's. Has anyone an opinion on these guys or their products. And any recommendations on where to get 4.56's would be much appreciated.

Blck2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 09:33 PM   #2
Rudinater
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blck2012 View Post
I am currently working but when I gt back onland I will be in need of a oil change,(at least after the drive home). Does anyone recommend synthetic in the Pentastar or should I go with the regular recommend Mopar oil?
Ok I don't have the Pentastar engine, but i have never ran synthetic oil in any engine I have owned. Also I change my oil at 6,000 miles. I'm currently at 57,500 miles on my JK, and still going strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blck2012 View Post
And would any bolt-on power adders hurt my warranty? Like cold air intakes or exhaust? I see the problems that guy is having in that other thread and would like to avoid all of that headache I can.
I would say skip the bolt on stuff, as I'm not sure it will do anything to the new engine.

Red 09 Unlimited Rubicon - Teraflex 4inch long arm lift, Elka shocks, 5:38 gears, 37inch GY MTR's, Expedition Core front bumper with Warn PowerPlant HD, RS-E rear bumper and carrier, RS-E step rock sliders.
Rudinater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 09:38 PM   #3
Kodiak17
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Can't comment on the Pentastar. But please avoid the CAI, they don't filter very well and will give you more of a headache. Also, I would invest in a more quality lift kit as well.

My build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/thor-dd-weekend-warrior-1348534/
Kodiak17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 08:40 AM   #4
Blck2012
2012 JK Wrangler 

What kinda lift would you suggest, I seen the Krawler Lift on here a lot. 4wd has Stage 2 Lift that looks pretty well put together, any recommendations? What about Superior gears, they are offered at 4wd and I was thinking of having them install all of it at once.
Blck2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 09:03 AM   #5
paul84043
2012 JK Wrangler 

There are many good name brands that get tossed around here. Teraflex, RK, Rancho, Procomp, Rubicon Express, Racing Dynamics, just to name a few. (probably easily a dozen more that I missed) You should not have any problem finding a complete and expandable kit, but be prepared to pay a bit for it.
In lifts....you definitely get what you pay for.
Lots of people here hook up with Jason from Krawl offroad.
I just went to Quadratec because they have a decent cross section right there that you can easily shop and compare.

The oil issue has been beaten like a red headed stepchild. Everyone has their opinions and since they're not mine, they're obviously wrong.
I run puree'd feral cats since I have an endless supply of them in my back yard.

As for bolt on power? You're better off finding a nice G/F with a set of good bolt ons, much more useful and better to look at.
Really, the chips seem to be most useful for tweaking tire size and gearing, and for the Auto guys, remapping shift points. No real power to be had.
I'd rather do a snorkel than a CAI.
Cool stickers add alot of power as well.
With the '12, power is not going to be your problem. Cashflow is going to be your problem....
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 10:00 AM   #6
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

The oil choice is easy, pick your poison. Iím running full synthetic in my Pentastar just because I think itís better. I have no proof other than what Iíve read about it (excluding any forums) and decided to try it.

I canít recall of anyone that has felt an increase in power from any exhaust mods or air kits. Forced air induction will net you seat of the pants power but at a hefty price though.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 01:29 PM   #7
Kodiak17
1998 TJ Wrangler 

If you go with a lift and end up getting some type of control arms. Make sure they have Johnny Joints at both ends. They're known to be the best for wheeling. If I was in your position, this is what I would get: http://www.currieenterprises.com/ces...t.aspx?id=2897

My build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/thor-dd-weekend-warrior-1348534/
Kodiak17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2012, 09:55 AM   #8
wheels082
2010 JK Wrangler 

I definately would go with a synthetic. I have had great results with Amsoil. I run it in my XJ and JK.
wheels082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2012, 10:06 AM   #9
ferninaz
2012 JK Wrangler 

Synthetic blend, that way you are not committing to either one.
ferninaz is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.