Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Oil Drain Plug Size...

32K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  jeeptogofast 
#1 ·
Guys,

I'm looking to get the Fram quick drain oil plug... Does anyone know what size the drain plug is on our JK's?

#3 ·
I use a half-inch wrench - works fine. Seems pretty snug on there.

On a related note - given the ease and painlessness of getting the stock drain bolt out, I really can't imagine trusting some 3rd party valve jobbie to do the job. Seems like an unnecessary risk. I changed my oil (myself) over this past weekend and hell, I didn't even get any oil on my hands when taking off the drain valve...

#5 ·
Thanks Tex but I was asking for the size of the bolt (more specifically the thread size, not the tool size)
Oh, I see.

and although I appreciate you offering your opinion as to wether it is a good idea or not, I didn't ask for opinions...
Well gee, excuuuuuuuuse me. I'll add you to my ignore list to eliminate the possibility of offending you in the future. Thanks for letting me know.

#6 ·
size 14-1.5

#11 ·
#18 ·
I'll get a pic of it next to my stock plug. It's almost the same size hanging out of the pan. It hangs out a third of what a fumoto does. I bought the compact. If you have something that close to the oil pan, the plug is the last thing to worry about, something else is getting damaged first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.