Oil change controversy? - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Oil change controversy?

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 01-21-2014, 12:30 PM   #61
jeepwrnglr92
2015 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cropduster23 View Post
Mobil 1 is surely more than fine, however, it is important to note that it currently does not meet the outrageous requirements ofChrysler MS-6395. If you ever had an issue in the future, the warranty COULD be voided because of the use of a non approved oil. I think Mobil 1 is one of the beat oils available, just giving you a heads up about the reality of the situation.

Really? The service tech assured me it was covered if I used that oil.
I will recheck with them.

Thanx for the heads up before I make a mistake.
I know for the next 3K its running the factory oil as they changed it.

Unread 01-21-2014, 12:57 PM   #62
BruceM1964
2013 JK Wrangler 

Just changed my oil for the second time, now at 5000miles. Yes that's right you anti-change early freaks two changes in 5k. Still found some metal in the filter but that could have been there since 1001 miles. anyway my OCD is satisfied and that's all that really matters.
BruceM1964 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2014, 02:03 PM   #63
Jiblet
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrnglr92
Really? The service tech assured me it was covered if I used that oil. I will recheck with them. Thanx for the heads up before I make a mistake. I know for the next 3K its running the factory oil as they changed it.
Mobil 1 almost assuredly meets or exceeds the plain vanilla requirements of MS6395.

Ms6395 is not likely tougher than dexos1, which m1 meets.

But there are certainly other top notch synthetics or even conventional oils that will suit your needs that are certified under MS6395.

From Mobil:
Mobil 1 5W-20 synthetic motor oil meets or exceeds the requirements of:
ACEA A1/B1
API SN, SM, SL, SJ
ILSAC GF-5
Ford WSS-M2C945-A

It has the following builder approvals:
General Motors Service Fill dexos1™

According to ExxonMobil, Mobil 1 5W-20 is of the following quality level:
Ford WSS-M2C930-A
General Motors GM 6094M
API CF
Jiblet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2014, 08:02 PM   #64
Kastraelie
1977 CJ7 

I believe in running a vehicle hard (after warming up) for the first 100 miles then changing the oil to break it in. That is what I was taught. It doesn't make it right...I think following the book is fine.

My Frame-Off
Kastraelie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2014, 09:13 PM   #65
Cropduster23
2012 JK Wrangler 

Mobil 1 does not meet MS 6395 because of a ridiculously long field testing phase that Chrysler requires to meet the spec. Mobil is without a doubt a fine oil that will work well in any and all vehicles. If you email the folks at Mobil 1 they will tell you that they believe the oil exceeds the specification, but it has not yet been approved by Chrysler and has not yet undergone the required field testing to please Chrysler. I would be hesitant to use it simply because someone at Chrysler could reject an engine warranty claim due to "non approved" oil being used. It is a bunch of BS, but until the Mobil 1 bottle has that 6395 sticker on it, I'd be hesitant to use it.
Cropduster23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.