Oil Additives - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Oil Additives

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 03-24-2007, 12:04 PM   #1
bantam

Oil Additives

I have always run synthetic oil + Muscle MT-10 oil treatment in all of my vehicles, including past 4.0's I've owned. (Muscles does not have all of the crap like teflon that can build up in the engine.)

After 1000k on my JK I changed the oil and went with the synthetic + Muscle. (I know, I know, the Jeep manuaul "strongly discourages" the use of additives.) I have to say I've noticed an average of 2 MPG increase (over 1000k since I changed the oil). This stuff is great . . .

However, I was wondering if I should add a small amount of Muscle to the transfer case and differentials . . . ? The company that makes Muscles says you can add it to anything that takes oil, but would like to know if any of you have experince with oil additives in these areas and if it makes any difference.

or ???

bantam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2007, 01:16 PM   #2
igofshn
Locked @ both ends

The increase in mpg is not from yur additive, it is normal after the engine fully breaks in for mpg to increase.

[Jeep Pics
igofshn is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.