Offroad Heros soft top. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Offroad Heros soft top.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black (Paint to Match) Grille

Unread 03-01-2008, 05:17 PM   #1
cali9dub
2008 JK Wrangler 

Offroad Heros soft top.

Anyone here have one...and how well is it made? Thanks for any input.

cali9dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2008, 05:29 PM   #2
gt4660
2008 JK Wrangler 

Here we go again with this company....
Unread 03-01-2008, 06:19 PM   #3
cali9dub
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt4660 View Post
Here we go again with this company....
tried doing a search here and came up with nothing. Saw on another site several people were getting tops at the end of last month...then no follow up or pictures...I guess yes, here we go again. Since it didn't come up in a search. Thanks.
Unread 03-01-2008, 06:21 PM   #4
Lostj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali9dub View Post
tried doing a search here and came up with nothing. Saw on another site several people were getting tops at the end of last month...then no follow up or pictures...I guess yes, here we go again. Since it didn't come up in a search. Thanks.
I think offroad heros tops and california tops are one in the same. I think there was a thread of on jk-forum about it the "two" companies.

also, just search for california tops on the forums to see the type of company they are
lx015oɹd uǝpıun 'ɥɔuıʍ ql0009ɟɥ ؛ɹǝıɹɹɐɔ ǝɹıʇ pol 'sɹǝpuǝɟ ǝqnʇ pǝɹɐlɟ"5˙4ʇuʇ :˙ɔsıɯ ؛sɹǝpıls sʞɹoʍʞɔoɹɥs 'pıʞs ǝuıƃuǝ ɔıpǝɯdǝǝɾ 'pıʞs ɹoʇɐıpɐɹ s,ʎʇsnɹ 'ʞuɐʇsɐƃ puɐ xoq ƃuıɹǝǝʇs ʇɥƃıɹuǝƃ :spıʞs ؛pɐoɹɟɟo ɹoɟ sɹǝƃƃoq"53 'ʇǝǝɹʇs ɹoɟ s,ʇ/ɯdɯoɔoɹd"53 :sǝɹıʇ ؛lɯɯ"1 'lq"52˙1 'spq "2 :ʇɟıl ؛ɹǝʌoɔ uǝɯʞoɹ 'loods-ıuıɯ 'sǝʞɐɹq ɔsıp 'sʎollɐ ɥʇıʍ 44p ؛ɹǝʌoɔ ɹǝɥsnɹɔʞɔoɹ 'slɐǝs ǝlxɐ ɹǝʇno 'ɹǝʞɔol ǝıssnɐ 'sʎollɐ /ʍ 03p '6ı :ɾʇ,00
44p '03p '6ı :5ɾɔ,37
s,ʇ/ɐ ƃɟq"23 '44p '03p '8ʌ063 :5ɾɔ,47

The Swamp Things 4x4 Club Jeep Talk HomeGrown Offroad
Lostj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2008, 06:23 PM   #5
cali9dub
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostj View Post
I think offroad heros tops and california tops are one in the same. I think there was a thread of on jk-forum about it the "two" companies.

also, just search for california tops on the forums to see the type of company they are
Isn't there a site like "Trail Duty" or something as well? All the people who finally got the top said they love it...but that was like 3 people.
Unread 03-01-2008, 06:24 PM   #6
Lostj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.p...alifornia+tops

Quote:
WARNING: BUYER BEWARE
The manufacturer of this product is believed to be a Canadian based company called Californiatops. This conclusion was determined by doing research online and by what the author of this post eventually stated in his post here.

Californiatops is a company that has a long history of questionable business practices and they have been banned from eBay and PayPal. This has been documented by the Ripoff Report and can be verified by doing a simple Google search or a search on forums such as JeepsUnlimited.com and RubiconOwners.com. More recently, a member here had purchased a thermal liner from this company while they were still going under the name coloradojeepman and his experience with them can be found here.

I have personally tried contacting this company to acquire a phone number and/or physical address for their stated location in Florida just in case the information I had about them was erroneous and my inquiries were met with hostility and my questions went unanswered. Needless to say, it is our opinion that this company has questionable business practices and would advise against purchasing any of their products.
lx015oɹd uǝpıun 'ɥɔuıʍ ql0009ɟɥ ؛ɹǝıɹɹɐɔ ǝɹıʇ pol 'sɹǝpuǝɟ ǝqnʇ pǝɹɐlɟ"5˙4ʇuʇ :˙ɔsıɯ ؛sɹǝpıls sʞɹoʍʞɔoɹɥs 'pıʞs ǝuıƃuǝ ɔıpǝɯdǝǝɾ 'pıʞs ɹoʇɐıpɐɹ s,ʎʇsnɹ 'ʞuɐʇsɐƃ puɐ xoq ƃuıɹǝǝʇs ʇɥƃıɹuǝƃ :spıʞs ؛pɐoɹɟɟo ɹoɟ sɹǝƃƃoq"53 'ʇǝǝɹʇs ɹoɟ s,ʇ/ɯdɯoɔoɹd"53 :sǝɹıʇ ؛lɯɯ"1 'lq"52˙1 'spq "2 :ʇɟıl ؛ɹǝʌoɔ uǝɯʞoɹ 'loods-ıuıɯ 'sǝʞɐɹq ɔsıp 'sʎollɐ ɥʇıʍ 44p ؛ɹǝʌoɔ ɹǝɥsnɹɔʞɔoɹ 'slɐǝs ǝlxɐ ɹǝʇno 'ɹǝʞɔol ǝıssnɐ 'sʎollɐ /ʍ 03p '6ı :ɾʇ,00
44p '03p '6ı :5ɾɔ,37
s,ʇ/ɐ ƃɟq"23 '44p '03p '8ʌ063 :5ɾɔ,47

The Swamp Things 4x4 Club Jeep Talk HomeGrown Offroad
Lostj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2008, 06:32 PM   #7
luigi0523
2008 JK Wrangler 

cali9dub here ya go offroadheros.com double click on everything. I have one and have had no problems.

EARTH FIRST! We'll JEEP the other planets later!
luigi0523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2008, 06:41 PM   #8
cali9dub
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi0523 View Post
cali9dub here ya go offroadheros.com double click on everything. I have one and have had no problems.

TY !! You didn't happen to get the liner as well did you?
Unread 03-01-2008, 06:51 PM   #9
gt4660
2008 JK Wrangler 

On Another Jk forum this same question was brought up. Lots of accusations about this company. I have no personal experience with it.

It seems that ths was the same person/company that had a bad history of ripping people off and then disappearing and resurficing under another name. I am not knocking the company or its product. But luigi0523 is only the second person I have seen with the top. They look great. Hope it all works out. But check some of the other Jk forums and search there.

Now I will sit back and watch the storm brew....
Unread 03-01-2008, 07:01 PM   #10
cali9dub
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt4660 View Post
On Another Jk forum this same question was brought up. Lots of accusations about this company. I have no personal experience with it.

It seems that ths was the same person/company that had a bad history of ripping people off and then disappearing and resurficing under another name. I am not knocking the company or its product. But luigi0523 is only the second person I have seen with the top. They look great. Hope it all works out. But check some of the other Jk forums and search there.

Now I will sit back and watch the storm brew....

I did all that...there were tons of fishy circumstances, but specifically about this top I saw none...but again I only saw about 3 people who said they were getting one. Not a resounding endorsement for this product, yet.
Unread 03-01-2008, 07:03 PM   #11
luigi0523
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
TY !! You didn't happen to get the liner as well did you?
NOPE no liner

Unread 03-01-2008, 07:10 PM   #12
luigi0523
2008 JK Wrangler 

[QUOTE=gt4660;4888672]On Another Jk forum this same question was brought up. Lots of accusations about this company. I have no personal experience with it.

But luigi0523 is only the second person I have seen with the top. They look great. Hope it all works out. But check some of the other Jk forums and search there.

CK, jkowners.com there is a few members over there that have the top as well as Phil of Trail Duty is a dealer.

Unread 03-01-2008, 07:25 PM   #13
gt4660
2008 JK Wrangler 

http://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.p...=offroad+heros

Here is a long, interesting read...
Unread 03-02-2008, 08:58 AM   #14
luigi0523
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I did all that...there were tons of fishy circumstances, but specifically about this top I saw none...but again I only saw about 3 people who said they were getting one. Not a resounding endorsement for this product, yet.
Did you find this one?
http://jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1068

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.