Offroad Heros JKU Cargo Top Install Advice Requested - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Offroad Heros JKU Cargo Top Install Advice Requested

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAttention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rock

Unread 01-02-2013, 09:56 AM   #1
crockey

Offroad Heros JKU Cargo Top Install Advice Requested

Received the top for Christmas, and decided to tackle the install over the long weekend. I live in Indiana, so the garage hovers around 50 degrees, which I am sure does not help with stretching the fabric. Space heater got it up to 60, but still having trouble getting the middle bikini top to go over the bolts on the rear roll bar. It doesn't even seem to be close. Any suggestions or tips out there?

crockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 10:07 AM   #2
VICTIM_OF_PAIN
2008 JK Wrangler 

Yes, wait till it gets warmer outside and place the top in the sun for a little while to stretch.

[B]Ex - 2001 Wrangler, 2" BB, 32" BGF AT's. JKS Quicker Disconnects, Oil Pan Skid, Steering Box Skid. Hard Top, Soft Top, Safari Top, Olympic Mountaineer Rack.[/B][/COLOR]

Current - 2008 Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon. Rock Krawler Stock Mod 2.5" lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-Windows, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Rugged Ridge E-Disco Skid, and a Skid Row Evap Canister Skid plate.

[B]It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool.... than to open it and remove all doubt[/B].
VICTIM_OF_PAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 10:08 AM   #3
Wavedatya
2010 JK Wrangler 

Wait for spring lol.

I wouldnt have a soft top up in cool weather. That's me though. If you really want you can try a hair dryer and heat gun. Heat gun carefully though
OF4WD member #7523. Durham 4x4 member.
Wavedatya is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.