Off Road Heros Soft Top - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Off Road Heros Soft Top

New For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S Exha

Unread 06-15-2011, 03:29 PM   #121
labgeek
2010 JK Wrangler 

Tried and no answer or no return call - don't remember which now. But shouldn't of had to... he was using email to answer questions, etc. up to the point he shipped it. You either do business by email or you don't. As a customer, I shouldn't be forced to switch modes of communication to suit his wish or track him down. He's a boutique dealer (meaning he's a smaller shop with an assumed higher quality product with a corresponding increase in price). Those shops live or die by customer service. Large manufacturer's live and die by the numbers.

Plus I fixed my issues and even enhanced the top by adding a bar at the back and replacing the windshield header with the one from Bestop (it fits better, looks better, and doesn't pour water on the passenger when it rains while driving down the freeway).

There are things I like about the top, and from what I hear the newer models would be even better. But given his attitude toward customer service, and my personal experience with quality issues, I cannot in good conscious recommend his products.

Unread 06-15-2011, 06:20 PM   #122
JEEP_GREEN_4DR
2009 JK Wrangler 

Nah, it sounds like you're right on track. If he charged your card, you're probably closer to shipping than most out there.

From the Pics looking like the top now extends out further than the older design to make it line up better along the rear doors. Used to tuck in more, leaving a weird gap there. It was weathertight before, so I'm thinking this is more of a looks alteration. I dig it.

On my older top, there was no need to remove the padding. That pic might just have it off to better illustrate what's going on in there. Havent seen the new design in person yet, so its tough to say.
Unread 06-15-2011, 06:28 PM   #123
JEEP_GREEN_4DR
2009 JK Wrangler 

Labgeek:

That sucks. I can see where you're coming from on the frustration thing. I'm two things if nothing else; persistent & patient. These attributes have served me well in my dealings with Tim.

Outside the single warranty issue I had with my top, Tim's been aces as far as communication and quality go. Shame you didnt have the same experience.
Unread 06-15-2011, 07:38 PM   #124
JHalas

Hmm, called last tuesday, ordered, got a call from the credit card company saying that he was trying to charge me, i approved it, got the tracking number monday.... 6 day order record for tim! Today postal strike!

Are you serious!
JHalas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2011, 08:35 PM   #125
JHalas

Just curious, did he give anyone tracking numbers?
Unread 06-16-2011, 08:44 AM   #126
CJsPerson
2008 JK Wrangler 

He gave me a tracking number a few months ago when I got mine.

I off road because I have a Jeep. I don't have a Jeep because I off road. Above all my Jeep is a convertible. That's where my love is for the brand ...convertible overkill
CJsPerson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2011, 09:32 AM   #127
JHalas

Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove
And the attached pics...not sure how they differ from previous design (have never seen one in person)?
He sent me these same pics over the weekend.
Unread 06-16-2011, 01:59 PM   #128
JEEP_GREEN_4DR
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHalas View Post
He sent me these same pics over the weekend.
They're a little different in that they follow the body lines of the Jeep a little better. Old design (I'll try to remember to snap a few pics later) tucked way in and looked a little odd if you have full doors, since the doors stuck out further than the top. I was pretty psyched to see he puffed out the design a little
Unread 06-16-2011, 02:11 PM   #129
JEEP_GREEN_4DR
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Hmm, called last tuesday, ordered, got a call from the credit card company saying that he was trying to charge me, i approved it, got the tracking number monday.... 6 day order record for tim! Today postal strike!Are you serious!
Proof that Murhpy's Law is still in working order.

In case anyone thinks Tim is BS'ing about the strike:
Postal strike details
Unread 06-16-2011, 05:36 PM   #130
JHalas

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEP_GREEN_4DR

Proof that Murhpy's Law is still in working order.

In case anyone thinks Tim is BS'ing about the strike:
Postal strike details
Murphys law, you bet, from off the internet:

Tornado watch issued for Edmonton area (edmonton is the postal hub that Tim uses)
CBC News Posted: Jun 16, 2011 1:04 PM MT Last Updated: Jun 16, 2011 3:29 PM MT

Oh man! ( Just smiling)

By the way, it is no longer a strike, it is a Lock Out.
Unread 06-16-2011, 06:53 PM   #131
BLK2000TJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Not sure if it's the same guy or not but I remember a lot of bad feedback on this guy from the TJ forum. http://www.ripoffreport.com/car-parts-accessories/california-tops/california-tops-california-top-cc784.htm
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ca...ps-com-480615/
BLK2000TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2011, 07:10 PM   #132
JHalas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK2000TJ
Not sure if it's the same guy or not but I remember a lot of bad feedback on this guy from the TJ forum. http://www.ripoffreport.com/car-part...-top-cc784.htm
We are all familiar with these on this thread, the problem is that he has the best product out.
You either deal with him, which a lot of us are, or you wait for bestop to get thier act together...

Actually at this time it has nothing to do with Tim, it has to do with the postal lock out in canada.
I know at least 2 of us have tracking numbers for orders that are stuck in the locked up post office which is out of tim's hands.

Tim has been very pleasant to work with and responsive this round.
Unread 06-16-2011, 07:24 PM   #133
BLK2000TJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
We are all familiar with these on this thread, the problem is that he has the best product out.
You either deal with him, which a lot of us are, or you wait for bestop to get thier act together...

Actually at this time it has nothing to do with Tim, it has to do with the postal lock out in canada.
I know at least 2 of us have tracking numbers for orders that are stuck in the locked up post office which is out of tim's hands.

Tim has been very pleasant to work with and responsive this round.
Consider yourself lucky...........
BLK2000TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2011, 12:38 PM   #134
jeepdrummer
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK2000TJ View Post
Not sure if it's the same guy or not but I remember a lot of bad feedback on this guy from the TJ forum. http://www.ripoffreport.com/car-parts-accessories/california-tops/california-tops-california-top-cc784.htm
Hahaha thanks for posting this man, I needed a good laugh.
jeepdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2011, 01:27 PM   #135
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

The good thing about the ORH tops now is that all of the information is out there so anyone can make an informed decision.

As usual, this tool ordered a top after knowing about Tim's issues and STILL complained about.

"Richard" "Having read all the negative info on this company on the various rip off sites and the MANY forums (do a Google search on "california tops scam jeep", or "tim taylor scam jeep" and you;'ll see what I mean!), I decided to try his top anyway."

If you order from Tim, you can't complain.

I compare it to guys who complain about the military. You can ***** and moan during your first enlistment, but if you re-enilst, it's time to shut up and color. You should know by your second enlistment what you're getting into.

If you read the thousands of posts about Tim, order a top and still complain, you're a tool.

Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
JK Wrangler , o.r.h. , off road heros , soft top , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.