Off Road Heros Soft Top - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Off Road Heros Soft Top

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 05-25-2011, 03:02 PM   #106
JEEP_GREEN_4DR
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael07jk View Post
jeep green, I'm sitting here laughing my rear end off. DA CAPS LOK hahahaha
sandy vajaja lol reminds me of the desert.. Oh **** i have to go i can't take any more , ya defiantly got me laughing my ars off. Carroll out.
Teh Fury, I unleash it.

Unread 05-25-2011, 03:02 PM   #107
goldenglory18
2011 JK Wrangler 

So, about these tops.......how do you all like them?
Unread 05-25-2011, 03:07 PM   #108
JEEP_GREEN_4DR
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenglory18 View Post
I'm a fan.

I can go from having my top open to completely buttoned up in less than 2 minutes if I get caught in the rain.

The 4DR fastback is one of the most unique tops out there. Plus, you have the capacity to add the cargo top to give you an SUT look.

Versatile, slick looks, price point isn't all that high.

Downside is that this is the busy season for ORH, so if you don't already have your order in, you may wait awhile to get your top.

Best bet would be to call Tim and find out where he is in his production run.
Unread 05-25-2011, 03:12 PM   #109
CJsPerson
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenglory18 View Post
Absolutly love mine. Way easy to use, awesome all around.

I off road because I have a Jeep. I don't have a Jeep because I off road. Above all my Jeep is a convertible. That's where my love is for the brand ...convertible overkill
CJsPerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 04:18 PM   #110
michael07jk
2007 JK Wrangler 

just got the cargo top installed and love it, fastback on it's way, packaging was great all parts wrapped in plastic and labeled instructions were clear installation was easy,powder coating was great,box was heavy duty, and the craftsmanship is on point, plus not a lot of people have them here in ft wayne so i like to be different and stand out. Carroll out.
michael07jk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 06:11 PM   #111
ChicagoGuy
formerly VetteDriver

2008 JK Wrangler 

I'm on my third summer with the top and I still am a big fan. I know ORH has made some changes, but still no complaints with it. It's a good product when you fianlly get it.

It can be a very frustrating experience UNTIL you get it though.
Unread 06-09-2011, 11:36 AM   #112
JEEP_GREEN_4DR
2009 JK Wrangler 

Just bumpin it back to the top so everyone can see there is another manufacturer out there with a fastback soft top.
Unread 06-10-2011, 07:47 AM   #113
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEP_GREEN_4DR View Post

Downside is that this is the busy season for ORH, so if you don't already have your order in, you may wait awhile to get your top.

Best bet would be to call Tim and find out where he is in his production run.
I ordered mine last Sunday - he was currently producing 14 with 10 of them claimed at that point (I became #11). He was hoping () to have this batch done and shipped between the end of this week and next. We will see I don't have a functional top currently, and it's monsooning. I'm tired of carpooling it with the wifey!
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2011, 10:35 AM   #114
JEEP_GREEN_4DR
2009 JK Wrangler 

It's a great top - just takes forever to get your hands on one. Once you do, you ain't likely to let it out of your sight.

congrats on pulling the trigger.
Unread 06-15-2011, 12:53 PM   #115
JEEP_GREEN_4DR
2009 JK Wrangler 

Got an email update from Tim.

He's still plowing through production. He got a little slowed down when he integrated the tailgate bar into the design, but he's catching up more everyday, so my top is finally on his radar again.

Looks like I may be able to anticipate a delivery date sometime around mid-July based on a late June shipping date as long as it doesn't get held up in customs at the border.

Considering I hit Tim up with a warranty claim at his busiest time of the year, I would say he didn't do too bad at all.

So it's been 10 weeks since I first reminded him of my issues, he still didn't jerk me around with a maybe date then fail to deliver on it or anything like that. He was striaght up and told me it would be awhile and I told him that was fine with me since I had come up with a way to keep my butt dry when it rains, so long as more than 5 gallons of rain didn't leak into the Jeep (my fix employed fishing line and a 5 gallon bucket to keep my seat dry)

I'm still in the happy camper camp over here and from the sound of things, I might see my replacement ORH before that thar NX even comes to market... Just sayin...

Unread 06-15-2011, 02:12 PM   #116
labgeek
2010 JK Wrangler 

I'm the exception I guess... Mine came on time but had a few quality issues - bent piece, cheap plastic that cracked after a few months I had to replace, mis-shaped header, etc. My respect for him went when he ignored emails from a then still relatively happy customer. I've never dis-respected him, but if someone asks will tell my story. I expected to get a really high quality top, and that didn't happen.

Comparing Bestop with ORH isn't really fair. Large companies tend to move slower. Still I'd be upset if I had ordered one. When Bestop's NX finally shows up, I'll let a few others get their hands on it first. Hopefully, it'll be a decent top, and if so I'll swap out.
Unread 06-15-2011, 02:57 PM   #117
JEEP_GREEN_4DR
2009 JK Wrangler 

Wow, if I had quality concerns with my top of that magnitude, I wouldn't have let it go at a few emails. Did you ever call his shop directly and get ahold of him?

Phone: (780) 432-8144

Seriously, get Tim on the phone and if you have legit issues, he will take care of you, but you gotta Call Him.
Unread 06-15-2011, 03:12 PM   #118
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

This sounds all too familiar, and I hate to get my hopes up...but he did say before I ordered that he was creating a batch of 14 with 10 already promised...

/naive?

My e-mail to him:

Hi Tim,

I ordered a whisper top from you on Sunday, May 29, 2011. I just realized that I never gave you my e-mail address. Please save this address, and I would appreciate any production updates/shipping timelines that you can provide, as you can provide them (I'm currently without a top; carpooling/dealing with weather is getting tough!).

Thank you very much for your time and consideration!

Michael Olshove
c/o Bob Daniels Buick GMC
960 Morse RD
Columbus, OH 43229

xxx-xxx-xxxx Mobile
xxxxx@xxxxx.com

And his fairly prompt response...

Hi Michael !

It is complete and boxed up. I have it at my door ready to ship. CANADA POST will be back to work Friday and off strike and I will ship it. It takes 6 days to receive from then. I apologize for that strike. The government legislated a get back to work order which will take place tomorrow or Friday. All is great !

Tim Taylor

P.S. I redesigned this top so over and over that it is amazing ! ! I will email you some photos in the next few days. I am just boxing up orders for Friday and then I will snap some photos for my web site and email you some. This is one heck of a top.
Unread 06-15-2011, 03:14 PM   #119
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

And the attached pics...not sure how they differ from previous design (have never seen one in person)?
jk-unlimited-fastback-close-up-side-panel-1.jpg   jk-unlimited-fastback-close-up-side-panel-2.jpg   new-hardware-aaaaaaaaa.jpg   new-hardware-aaaaaaaaaa.jpg  
Unread 06-15-2011, 03:26 PM   #120
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Oh...does rollbar padding have to be removed for installation, and if so, can it be reattached?

Mike

Tags
JK Wrangler , o.r.h. , off road heros , soft top , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.