Off Road Heros Soft Top - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Off Road Heros Soft Top

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-14-2011, 04:32 AM   #91
michael07jk
2007 JK Wrangler 

Ijust got my tracking number last night did you notice he made the headerbar more low profile , I am stoked which one did you order?

michael07jk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2011, 05:15 PM   #92
michael07jk
2007 JK Wrangler 

ORH top

My ORH top came today, yee haw. Got it on and I love it, tim has one hell of a product. When i ordered it he said about 3 weeks, well i ordered it on the 4-25 and got my tracking # on 5-13 and got it today, like i said before i have nothing but the best to say about tim he was straight forward ind didn't blow me any smoke. Top is tight no wrinkles folds I'm 100% satisfied. Carroll out.
Unread 05-24-2011, 06:40 AM   #93
Lynhalla

2008 JK Wrangler 

Congrats......never doubted the product, only the man. Glad you had a great experience, you are one of the few.
Lynhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2011, 10:56 AM   #94
jeepdrummer
2010 JK Wrangler 

pics or it didn't happen...
jeepdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2011, 03:33 PM   #95
michael07jk
2007 JK Wrangler 

still new at this forum not sure how to post them, help
Unread 05-24-2011, 03:46 PM   #96
jeepdrummer
2010 JK Wrangler 

pretty sure you need an account to link to them from and at least 25 posts
Unread 05-24-2011, 04:00 PM   #97
michael07jk
2007 JK Wrangler 

10-4 thanks sound difficult give me your email and i'll send a few to ya Carroll out.
Unread 05-24-2011, 07:30 PM   #98
JEEP_GREEN_4DR
2009 JK Wrangler 

I'm not gonna post all my email exchanges with Tim, but I had a warranty issue with my top on arrival. Shipping staple in the box must not have beem straight and poked a hole in the roof panel right above the driver seat. Instant wet arse every time it rained. Took pix, sent Tim an email.

Said he would fix it by shippin out a new one. Months went by. No new panel. Sent him an email or two over the next few months, but he was clearly going through some rough times.

Fast forward to March. Gave him a call to see if we could work some thing out. Turns out, I was using an email address he doesnt really monitor all that much anymore. So, in hindsight when I received no response, I should have just called him.

Once I got the right address, Tim and I started a pretty cool dialogue about his tops. He was pretty upfront about the fact that although he had every intention of honoring his warranty as he previously stated, it was not going to happen quickly. Knowing Tim, this meant it would be awhile. Told Tim, "no sweat, just get it to me when you can".

We then corresponded for awhile around the end of March and at one point, I happened to mention what lengths I had gone to just to avoid usin his velcro tailgate solution and that I had pretty much redesigned it myself so I didnt have to put 3M velcro on my tailgate. He got an idear and started doin teh mad scientist thing.

In a matter of days, he had fabbed, tested and perfected a tailgate bar that he would be integrating into his new tops. Was it really me who pushed him to the brink of actually including this awesome new feature? Heck, I sure like to think so. Tim went so far as to thank me for pestering him about it and told me he probably would have kept the velcro until he saw the Jerry rig I had setup just to avoid sticking velcro to my tailgate.

Now, it's dang near June and I still dont have that new roof panel, so I suppose a less patient man might be pissed. Personally, I think Tim is a trip and I get a kick out of his emails. He'll tell me when I'm getting my top, but he is understandably working on incoming new business.

Bottom line, Tim has not once set a hard deadline for me and failed to meet it. I have remained understanding and polite in my dealings with him and have every confidence he will (eventually) honor our agreement.

YMMV
Unread 05-25-2011, 10:38 AM   #99
jeepdrummer
2010 JK Wrangler 

Good story man, thanks for posting. So to recap...you paid a butt load of money for a top that was damaged before you even received it, and after 6+ months with no replacement you are still satisfied with your decision?

Why should he have to set a deadline at all? You already paid for the top! Your hard-earned money is in his back pocket while he tells you to wait. It should be his first priority to make sure that his prior customers are taken care of before new orders are met.

I don't doubt that you will receive the new panel eventually, but as you said, a less patient man might consider such a warranty no warranty at all.
Unread 05-25-2011, 11:45 AM   #100
JEEP_GREEN_4DR
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdrummer View Post
Good story man, thanks for posting. So to recap...you paid a butt load of money for a top that was damaged before you even received it, and after 6+ months with no replacement you are still satisfied with your decision?

1: If you call what Tim charges a "buttload" of cash, you need a better savings plan. I spend more than this on a monthly basis on my mortgage.

2: Yeah, I'm STILL happy with it. You wouldn't know this because you never ordered a top from Tim. You decided you knew what was best for his business, told him as much and pissed off a really nice guy. I, on the other hand, not only have a great relationship with Tim, but also a handmade product that doesn't benefit a company who recently closed their USA production shop and moved off to Meheeko.

Why should he have to set a deadline at all? You already paid for the top!
3: He shouldn't have to set a deadline because I told him I didn't expect him to because of the mitigating factors for my request.
a. it was coming in during his busy season
b. it was for a product he no longer offers or produces

Your hard-earned money is in his back pocket while he tells you to wait. It should be his first priority to make sure that his prior customers are taken care of before new orders are met.
4: Why would he rush around, change up his entire shop to make a single panel for someone who already mentioned he was OK waiting until Tim's incoming orders slow down?
a. he would have to reconfigure his entire sewing table to produce my panel because of the difference in sizes involved
b. he would have to recreate the jigs and templates needed for that panel since he no longer uses them and has likely cannibalized them to make other jigs & templates for the products he does offer

I don't doubt that you will receive the new panel eventually,
5: Quite the contrary. You've made it abundantly and painfully obvious to anyone reading this thread that you do not believe anything Tim Taylor says. We get it. Move on and buy a Bestop. Seriously, I've never seen someone get such sandy vagina over something someone DIDNT buy. Tim even gave you a link to his competition and told you to go there. You're a high maintenance client. Tim doesn't DO high maintenance clients. He works well with people who don't keep asking about products he is not currently offering in his production line. Frankly, I don't blame him. He's a one man shop and doesn't have time to keep answering everyone asking:
"is it ready yet?"
"is it ready yet?"
"is it ready yet?"
"is it ready yet?"
"is it ready yet?"
"is it ready yet?"
"is it ready yet?"
"is it ready yet?"
"is it ready yet?"
"is it ready yet?"
"is it ready yet?"
"is it ready yet?"
"is it ready yet?"
"is it ready yet?"
"is it ready yet?"
"is it ready yet?"
"is it ready yet?"

"Why isn't it ready yet"
"Why isn't it ready yet"
"Why isn't it ready yet"
"Why isn't it ready yet"
"Why isn't it ready yet"
"Why isn't it ready yet"
"Why isn't it ready yet"
"Why isn't it ready yet"
"Why isn't it ready yet"
"Why isn't it ready yet"
"Why isn't it ready yet"
"Why isn't it ready yet"
"Why isn't it ready yet"
"Why isn't it ready yet"
"Why isn't it ready yet"

but as you said, a less patient man might consider such a warranty no warranty at all.
6: Don't paraphrase me so it looks like I agree with you; I don't. What I said was that a less patient man might be pissed by now. I am a patient man. I went into this with my eyes wide open. I knew his rep for long processing times. I was comfortable waiting however long it took after comparing the two companies and their products. My warranty will be honored and I will finally have a complete, flawless top from a craftsman. And you won't.
Bottom line, you got butthurt when he didn't produce a top for you that he was clearly no comfortable bringing to market. You continue to have a sandy vagina about a company because Tim told you to go pound the sand in said vagina. Order a bestop and quit raggin on the guy.
Unread 05-25-2011, 12:39 PM   #101
basecamper
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEP_GREEN_4DR View Post
Bottom line, you got butthurt when he didn't produce a top for you that he was clearly no comfortable bringing to market. You continue to have a sandy vagina about a company because Tim told you to go pound the sand in said vagina. Order a bestop and quit raggin on the guy.
agreed move on
basecamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 01:29 PM   #102
jeepdrummer
2010 JK Wrangler 

Awwwww are you ok now pumpkin? You must feel so much better now that you got that off your chest. All tough and dignified taking shots at me on an internet forum. If you ever take Tim's c0ck out of your mouth long enough to have a mature discussion, you know where to find me. Till then, enjoy your defective top.
Unread 05-25-2011, 02:14 PM   #103
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Here is what the new Whisper Top looks like with the tailgate bar. Tim sent it to me...

Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 02:20 PM   #104
JEEP_GREEN_4DR
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdrummer View Post
Awwwww are you ok now pumpkin? You must feel so much better now that you got that off your chest. All tough and dignified taking shots at me on an internet forum. If you ever take Tim's c0ck out of your mouth long enough to have a mature discussion, you know where to find me. Till then, enjoy your defective top.
Why would I need to have a discussion with you about ORH? Clearly you won't do business with him and seem intent on ragging on him no matter what he does/says, then you take it a step further and call people who've had an enjoyable, albeit lengthy, experience with the Mad Scientist that is Tim Taylor c*cksuckers. Very nice.

One thing I find with most people I meet? When they resort to name calling it's because they can no longer come up with a cogent argument to refute the points I've just made. My point earlier was that people have had varying levels of success dealing with Tim Taylor. If one were to approach him in the manner you did; telling him what he needs to do and how he should run his business or that he should be producing a top that he doesn't really feel is ready for the market yet, that person will have the exact same experience you did.

If one were to order the way I did, speak to Tim and remain polite, even when mildly annoyed - at least until you get the whole story anyway - you will have a reasonably pleasant experience.

As always, Your Mileage May Vary. <-- This doesn't have anything to do with gas mileage. It means if you act like a *******, Tim will likely treat you like one.

You know what I will enjoy? The superior craftsmanship on my top. You go ahead and enjoy whatever mass produced top you go eventually with. You know, if they ever get released for delivery to those who already ordered them, that is. Because they're probably behind dealing with all of their former customers who had issues and are no longer taking new orders, since that should be their TOP priority as you so succinctly put it in one of your earlier posts.

Somehow you're lecturing me about mature discourse, calling me out like I'm being some sort of internet tough guy here, as if I'm telling you I can whip you with one hand tied to my nutsack yet I'm pretty sure no threats were made. No sexual orientations questioned. Whatever. I guess you're right though...I just get so pumped when I'm at the keyboard, ya know man? I just ... I just get into that zone, ya know man? Tha ZONE, B... DA ZOOOOONNNEEEE.

AW SNAP. THERE GO DA CAPZ LOK. YOU DONE UNLEASHED DA CAPZ LOK FURY.

YA'LLZ AINT GONNA LIKE ME WHEN I GITZ MAH CAPZ LOK FURY GONE ON...

I GOTZTA GO NOWZ.
Unread 05-25-2011, 02:51 PM   #105
michael07jk
2007 JK Wrangler 

Omg

jeep green, I'm sitting here laughing my rear end off. DA CAPS LOK hahahaha
sandy vajaja lol reminds me of the desert.. Oh **** i have to go i can't take any more , ya defiantly got me laughing my ars off. Carroll out.

Tags
JK Wrangler , o.r.h. , off road heros , soft top , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.