Off Road Heros Soft Top - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Off Road Heros Soft Top

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 04-25-2011, 07:04 PM   #76
Lynhalla

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdrummer View Post
Ok guys I have a rather large and somewhat comical update. I've been emailing with Tim about his plans to build a version of the 4-door whisper top for the 2-door JK. Normally I would be way more upset by something like this, but the guy is clearly bat$hit crazy and this was to be expected. I even tried to help him out some. Buyer beware. Looks like I'll be going with the trektop.

Anyway start from the bottom and work your way up...He's in white, I'm in blue. This is verbatim I swear. Enjoy!

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 5:44 PM,

I am not a god. I am a simple man struggling hard to give my customers the best top I can make AND I am trying not to take on too much such as your JK 2 DOOR TOP. Is that too much to ask ?. My customer service is based on whether I take on too much. Do not order from me if you are weary. Do not do me any favours. Go with the forum guys, and slam away. I do not care. I am the best and they can not get my top unless they go through me. Save yourself the trouble go with www.bestop.com .

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 4:32 PM,

And yet this barely literate response is exactly the type of poor customer service I am referring to. As I clearly stated, my intent was not malicious. I was merely making some suggestions as to how you could possibly improve your sales. I have not mistaken who I think you are. You are exactly who I thought you were. In fact, I made a point of trying to do business with you despite the ample amount of negative information online, and low and behold, you blatantly lied to me and proved them all right. Well done!

How can you say you have a good reputation, when your very own response to constructive criticism is littered with your bad attitude? Maybe if you actually hired someone you wouldn't have to "bust your guts" so hard. You screen people? What does that even mean? You screen away sales with your poor customer service? Good luck to you my friend, you'll need it.

Matt

P.S. It's spelled Karma.

Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 5:51 PM

Hi Matthew,

I do not have a bad reputation, I have a very good reputation, there are just bad people. You might want to stay clear of bad speakers on forums. Carma is a *****.

I will let you in on a secret: if you are serious about owning one of my tops, I have a new policy. I screen people. In the meantime, I don't answer to anyone; not those people on the forums, and not you. I simply work too hard. You might have made a mistake in thinking who I am.

Tim

have bad thoughts. I am a hard worker who is simply working his guts out to do a better top.

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 3:10 PM,

Tim,

First off, let me start by saying that I truly believe you have good intentions, but as the consumer you have to understand my disappointment. I am sure that dealing with all you have on your plate by yourself is a daunting task, but frankly all of your production issues make no difference to me nor are they my concern. From a consumer standpoint, the bottom line is I was promised something and didn't receive it. So at the end of the day, all that does is reflect poorly on your customer service.

While I am obviously unhappy with this situation, please also understand that my intention here is merely to criticize constructively. I really believe you have the market cornered with a superior product that could easily result in a sizeable profit if handled properly. You are clearly passionate about making the tops, but without the customer service to back up your product I fear that your success will be minimal at best.

I'm sure you are well aware of the situation already, but I feel I should add that your reputation for poor customer service precedes you in an overwhelming way on the internet. The vast majority of forums that I have visited while researching soft tops have all made reference to your poor and sometimes nonexistent customer service. While I won't go into any more detail regarding what was said, you would do well to see what your customers have been saying about your business if you haven't already. Google any of the jeep forums and search for offroad heroes and I'm sure they will not be hard to find. As it was for myself and many others, all these negative comments pose a major concern to anyone considering purchasing one of your soft tops, which is truly a shame considering that almost all of the individuals who actually received your top love it and say it is built exceptionally well. Regardless of what has happened in the past, if you were to deliver the same quality top that you already make in a more reliable fashion people will do business with you.

That being said, it seems to me that in taking on all this responsibility by yourself, you have set yourself up for failure. Businesses in general are very difficult to get off the ground, nevermind on your own. Have you considered hiring a staff? I think you would benefit vastly from even a couple extra sets of hands around to help you out, not to mention take some of the pressure off your shoulders. If you are uncomfortable with someone else building them, then maybe even just hire someone to help with customers on the phone or to order more supplies, especially at this time of year when demand is high.

Again, I realize that all this is difficult to hear, but my intention is not to insult you. You have an excellent product that people want to buy, but your availability and distribution of said product is sorely lacking and unreliable. I'm sure many potential customers have been lost due to your poor reputation, and that if you are able to reverse that negative image you will be much better off. This is just my two cents of advise. Take it with a grain of salt or don't. I wish you a successful future Tim. Perhaps someday we will be able to do business.

Regards,
Matt

Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 2:38 PM

Hi Matt,

Thanks. It is my highest priority to do that JK 2 door right after I am happy with all that I want to accomplish with the 4 door tops. Right now I am cutting patterns for the new 4 door design. I can't stop and cut a pattern for a 2 door that is not there. Next I have 3 weeks of orders that accumulated while waiting for new materials so I can't do 2 doors that do not exist. Next, I have to make new jigs, and many extra tailgate bars for complaints that people want one. All this means I am busy and locked in. If there was 2 shops and 2 me maybe I can do YJs and JK 2 doors too but one thing at a time.

I have invested allot of time into the JK 2 DOOR over the winter and hope someday I can persavere into that model next. I have to finish my new designs, build jigs and patterns and keep testing them and THEN SEE HOW PEOPLE REACT, AND then no doubt I will be replacing allot of rear windows and making free tailgate bars for people who recently bought the last top without the tailgate bars. Then all this work must be studio-photographed and put up on my web site which requires allot of time to FIX UP MY 4 DOOR TO TAKE TO A STUDIO FOR PHOTOS and all this takes time.

* Test for reactions
* Make many extra tailgate bars and windows for people who complain they didn't get one last top.
* Make new jigs, and keep a close eye on this new top each day as I make it incase something goes wrong.
* 3 weeks of orders fell behind designing the new top have to be built and shipped

ALL THIS TAKES BOO-COO TIME. T

I have been designing the 2 door all winter and have used allot of that technology on this new JK 4 door I am about to present to the market. I can not promise you a date is all I am saying .

Tim

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 11:47 AM,

Tim,

With all due respect, if my order is taken as seriously as you claim, why would you say you were working on it all this time if you weren't? If perfecting your 4-door top is your first priority, then that is your prerogative, but leading me to believe otherwise just isn't necessary. Your 4-door top is already the best on the market in my opinion, which is exactly why I would love one on my 2-door, but the whole point of having it is for the summertime. My goal was to have a new top shipped and installed before the end of May. If this isn't a possibility, then I will have to start considering other options.

Thanks,
Matt

Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 12:58 PM

Hi Matt,

I appreciate your wanting this 2 door top and take it very seriously, thanks.

My basics is starting with the most popular top, the 4 door. Once I can handle it than it is an automatic that I can progress into my 2 door. I hope this won't take long. I dropped my TJs, YJs, and JK 2doors to start off at the beginning with what I can handle. If I can handle one top and stock it and perfect it and am insured it is the best in the world and not 2nd best and there is no other better way to build it and no one can beat me, than it makes sense to transfer that development in technology and know-how into the next model which would be the JK 2-door.

What I was saying about not an official orders was I don't want to sweat it and feel I am in trouble. I dropped that top off my site so I would not be in any trouble with customers so I could focus my trouble-solving on one top at a time and graduate to the next. I take your wanting the 2 door top very very seriously. I know it as much of an order as you can get. Thanks.

Tim

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 9:44 AM,

Hi Tim,

How can I have an official order on a top that apparently doesn't even exist yet? I think I have made it pretty clear that I want to purchase one. Per this email conversation we have been discussing it's progress since mid January, and on more than one occasion you have stated that you're in the process of building it. Was that not true? My purpose in inquiring about the top so early in the year was to afford you plenty of time to work on it before tons of orders started coming in before summer. I understand that you are busy, but I feel that I have been very patient. Why is it that recent 4-door orders take priority over my 2-door order from 4 months ago?

Thanks,
Matt

Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2011 10:14 PM

Hello Matthew !

I do not have an official order for you for a 2 door Jeep Top as of right now. However, I am presenting a 2-door top for this summer when I get caught up with the 4-door tops. When I know I can stock and manage to keep up on the 4-door tops then I can present the 2-door top. So the 2-door top is on hold.

Tim Taylor

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 9:52 AM

Good Morning Tim,

How are thing progressing with my 2-door order?

Thanks,
Matt

Sent: Friday, March 25, 2011 12:58 PM
To: OFFROADHEROS
Subject: RE: 2 Door Wolf Top Pics

Thanks Tim! I'll keep my eyes open.

Matt

Sent: Friday, March 25, 2011 12:46 PM

I have been innodated with allot of JK 4door orders and had to remove my FASTBACK from my site BUT now I am almost caught up again.
I can see posting the JK 2 DOOR top soon too.

Thank you.

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 10:41 AM,

Good Afternoon Tim,

I have been checking the website for updates almost daily! The weather is starting to warm up a bit and I'm really looking forward to a new soft top. Any ETA as to when the new models will be available?

Regards,
Matt

Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2011 6:40 PM
To: OFFROADHEROS
Subject: RE: 2 Door Wolf Top Pics

Thanks for the quick response Tim, I appreciate it. I'm excited to see the finished product!

Matt

Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2011 6:22 PM

Hi Matt ! ! ! ! ! !!!

I am working away on it. Thank you.

Tim Taylor

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 2:42 PM,

Hi Tim,

Just wanted to check in and see how things are progressing with the 2-door wolf top. Drop me a line whenever you have time.

Thanks,
Matt

Sent: Monday, January 24, 2011 4:07 PM

Excellent Matt, I will work on that JK 2 DOOR WOLF TOP

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 1:05 PM,

Hi Tim,

Thank you very much for the pics. The SUT top looks fantastic and I think it will be a great seller, but I don't think I can afford to give up the extra storage space in the back. When we spoke on the phone the other day, I was referring to a version of the wolf top for the 2-door JK that you said you had been working on previously. I understand that you are busy and have many projects going on at once, but the fastback look, ease of use, and different setup options of the 4-door wolftop is exactly what I am looking for. Is a two door version still in the works? If you have any pics or updates on its progression please feel free to send them along as I am very interested in purchasing one before next summer. Thanks again.

Kind Regards,
Matt

Sent: Sunday, January 23, 2011 11:18 PM

Hi Matthew !
READY FOR SALE. One in stock so far.

Tim Taylor
(780) 432-8144

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 5:37 PM, OFFROADHEROS <serviceoffroadheros@gmail.com> wrote:

This is one of the stages it was in while I was designing it. I will have some nice photos soon. I spent the day on a door rod trying to make it work with a better idea with how the fabric connects.

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 2:30 PM,

Hi Tim,
Per our telephone conversation a minute ago, I am very interested in a version of the wolf top for a 2-door JK. Any pictures or information on the development of this top would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for your time and good luck with the designing process!!
Thanks,
Matt
just recently went through the exact same process you did so I feel your pain

Lynhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 05:58 AM   #77
Zoolander
2008 JK Wrangler 

Jeepdrummer,
Great post. I hope all the people out there considering dealing with this clown read and take heed.
It brought back such.. bad memories for me. He still hasn't changed. Everytime i think about buying a soft
top again, and mayyyyybe going back to him (because the trektop NX is so far behind schedule) i read this
thread again to remind me, it WAS that bad.
I think this ORH thread should be a "Sticky" to warn others. Yes?? :-)
Zoolander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 11:02 AM   #78
jeepdrummer
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJsPerson View Post
Wow, I'm so glad I had an absolutely seamless headache free purchase of my 4 door top. I guess Iím in the 1%. Shame itís so problematic for folks cause I love mine.
That is exactly the point I was trying to make to him! If he'd stop being such a donkey the guy would be rollin in dough by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoolander
Jeepdrummer, Great post. I hope all the people out there considering dealing with this clown read and take heed.
It brought back such.. bad memories for me. He still hasn't changed. Everytime i think about buying a soft
top again, and mayyyyybe going back to him (because the trektop NX is so far behind schedule) i read this
thread again to remind me, it WAS that bad.
I think this ORH thread should be a "Sticky" to warn others. Yes?? :-)
Thanks Zoo, I like the sticky idea. It's posts like mine that I wish I could have read when I was deciding on a top. Even on the phone he was exceptionally nice and took the time to explain everything about his tops, how they work, and what's going on with them, but the second he encounters any kind of bad publicity it's like you're attacking him personally and you are no longer worthy of owning one of his tops. You would think after reading some of the stuff on here he would do something about it, but clearly he hasn't.

Sad thing is if I was garrantteed a hassle free transaction, I would still probably buy one of his tops. That being said, I ordered the Trektop NX yesterday for $250 less than Tim's.
jeepdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 11:37 AM   #79
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

Do not order from me if you are weary. Do not do me any favours. Go with the forum guys, and slam away. I do not care. I am the best and they can not get my top unless they go through me. Save yourself the trouble go with www.bestop.com .
How much more clear could he be? He's working as fast as he can and if you don't like it, go to bestop. He even gave you the URL!

Quote:
Next, I have to make new jigs, and many extra tailgate bars for complaints that people want one. All this means I am busy and locked in.
I'll be glad when / if the tailgate bar comes out.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 12:35 PM   #80
jeepdrummer
2010 JK Wrangler 

You're kidding right? If he just said that from the start there wouldn't be any issue now would there? Instead he lied to me for 4 months and made up that BS excuse. Enjoy your tailgate just in time for winter!
Unread 04-26-2011, 02:54 PM   #81
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
You're kidding right? If he just said that from the start there wouldn't be any issue now would there? Instead he lied to me for 4 months and made up that BS excuse. Enjoy your tailgate just in time for winter!
Um, OK. I will enjoy it.
Unread 04-27-2011, 03:28 PM   #82
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

I just got an email from Tim. He will be using the tailgate bar on all of the softops.

Unread 04-27-2011, 04:18 PM   #83
michael07jk
2007 JK Wrangler 

Tim is getting ready to ship my cargo top and i have been TOTALY satisfied with my dealings with him, he reply's to my emails in a day and every time i talk to him he is polite and makes a superior product, give the guy a break . I'm satisfied. I think he is good guy trying hard and working his butt off to make a dang good product. Carroll out.
michael07jk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2011, 04:46 PM   #84
jeepdrummer
2010 JK Wrangler 

Haha did u guys even bother to read anything in this thread? No kidding he's nice on the phone! He's trying to sell you something. I experienced the same thing until I realized it was all a lie. He's "getting ready" to ship it to you? What does that mean? Nothing! Tim's word is worth as much as the ***** I took this morning. For your sakes I hope you get what you ordered, but don't hold your breath. You clearly haven't dealt with the real Tim.
Unread 04-27-2011, 07:02 PM   #85
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Haha did u guys even bother to read anything in this thread? No kidding he's nice on the phone! He's trying to sell you something. I experienced the same thing until I realized it was all a lie. He's "getting ready" to ship it to you? What does that mean? Nothing! Tim's word is worth as much as the ***** I took this morning. For your sakes I hope you get what you ordered, but don't hold your breath. You clearly haven't dealt with the real Tim.
Unread 04-27-2011, 07:18 PM   #86
Lynhalla

2008 JK Wrangler 

Add me to the list of who went through the exact same thing as jeepdrummer and zoolander. Tim is a great guy on the phone and in his emails, very quick to respond and tell you exactly what you want to hear. As others have said, he has a great product but he sucks as a business man! Had he told me I would have to wait for 6 months, i would still be on his order list waiting patiently. But no, the clown told me several times over a month long period that my top had shipped but when i called him out he told me he didnt have it in stock and didnt know when he would have it. So, i did exactly what he told jeepdrummer to do, i ordered a bestop trektop nx and will wait for it because bestiop has been open about the fact they cant verify when it will ship. Thats good business!
Unread 04-29-2011, 12:19 PM   #87
jeepdrummer
2010 JK Wrangler 

^
this.

Sorry, it's a sore subject at this point and sarcasm doesn't translate well on here. That jesus thing was pretty funny though.
Unread 04-29-2011, 01:45 PM   #88
BestopTeam

Quote:
Originally Posted by planman44 View Post
i ordered a bestop trektop nx and will wait for it because bestiop has been open about the fact they cant verify when it will ship. Thats good business!
First off, are we all clear on the concept of not shooting the messenger?
Good.

On to the news:

These are the latest dates for the JK tops from Bestop.

The first date is the original, planned shipping date. The second date is the newest information I have for shipping. This can change.

JK Wrangler Supertop NX 1-May 7-Jun
JK Wrangler Unimited Supertop NX 15-May 10-Jul

JK TrekTop NX

JK Wrangler TrekTop NX 1-Apr 15-Jul
JK Wrangler Unltd TrekTop NX 15-Apr 5-Jun
BestopTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2011, 11:21 AM   #89
Lynhalla

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffatBestop View Post
First off, are we all clear on the concept of not shooting the messenger?
Good.

On to the news:

These are the latest dates for the JK tops from Bestop.

The first date is the original, planned shipping date. The second date is the newest information I have for shipping. This can change.

JK Wrangler Supertop NX 1-May 7-Jun
JK Wrangler Unimited Supertop NX 15-May 10-Jul

JK TrekTop NX

JK Wrangler TrekTop NX 1-Apr 15-Jul
JK Wrangler Unltd TrekTop NX 15-Apr 5-Jun
Thanks for the update
Unread 05-11-2011, 07:25 AM   #90
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

It looks like my ORH top should be here next week, and I'm getting the new design with the tailgate bar. I can't wait.

Tags
JK Wrangler , o.r.h. , off road heros , soft top , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.