Off Road Heros Soft Top - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Off Road Heros Soft Top

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 06-30-2010, 08:13 PM   #46
DNS711
2007 JK Wrangler 

I assume you're not talking about the straps on the back of top, because those get rolled up as you roll the back of the top forward. That must mean your top has two straps on the front which remain resting on the windshield.

My top must be different. The front of my top only has one strap in the middle. When I first installed the top I left the strap outside resting on the windshield. It was flapping around so much that I moved the strap to the inside and looped it around the windshield tie-down.

Unread 06-30-2010, 08:38 PM   #47
jabsther
2010 JK Wrangler 

That is what I am thinking also if you look at the pictures of it rolled up. The two rear straps I have hanging out of the sides as I roll it up, then do a wrap around the rollbar and then over the rolled up section. I am hoping that someone has pictures of the best way to roll it up.
jabsther is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2010, 10:16 AM   #48
ChicagoGuy
formerly VetteDriver

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNS711 View Post
I assume you're not talking about the straps on the back of top, because those get rolled up as you roll the back of the top forward. That must mean your top has two straps on the front which remain resting on the windshield.

My top must be different. The front of my top only has one strap in the middle. When I first installed the top I left the strap outside resting on the windshield. It was flapping around so much that I moved the strap to the inside and looped it around the windshield tie-down.
The design must have changed then. I have two straps on the front inside as well, about six inches long, each one sittting on the inside window frame about where the hood tie down loops are on the top of the windshield frame. There is a second set of snaps on the front on the outside. After I roll it forward (I usually just lay the back straps on the top and roll them up, I wrao the small straps around the top to the front.

Here is a front shot of the snaps on my top.

Unread 07-13-2010, 03:50 PM   #49
ribs
2007 JK Wrangler 

Does the 2dr top have a frame or is it frameless? What all is included with the top? I am looking at a used on and just want to make sure everything is there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryGrant View Post
...And no the truck dont give BJs but guess you are not married as wifes dont give them either. :rolleyes:
ribs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2010, 10:54 AM   #50
jeepdrummer
2010 JK Wrangler 

All ORH tops are frameless. I believe they come with thier own header bar and door surrounds. Some have also purchased an aftermarket tailgate bar to attach the velco to, as oppossed to attaching it directly to the tailgate, but that is purely a matter of preference.
jeepdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2010, 12:46 PM   #51
gsaxe
2007 JK Wrangler 

jeepdrummer is correct and I LOVE mine!

"Seems like alot and I can't say for a fact that it was all needed but that's what happens from reading forums." Jimk403
gsaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2010, 10:50 PM   #52
DiscoBayJoe
Beer is Food!

2008 JK Wrangler 

I ordered this top 2 weeks ago, it shipped in a week and took another week in transit.

It's the new "wolf top" version that has no rear straps and comes off in 2 sections on top:

It has two metal rails on top. One that gets permanently attached to the rear bar and one that mounts thru the freedom top screw holes.
Unread 10-10-2010, 07:44 PM   #53
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

What's the difference between the wolf top and multi-top?
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 01:08 PM   #54
jeepdrummer
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbloyer81 View Post
What's the difference between the wolf top and multi-top?
from the website it looks like the multi-top is just a package combining the wolf top and the cargo top sections.

DiscoBay...any further review on the wolf top now that you've had it for a few weeks? Any new issues come up? How is the fit? Any leaks? Easy to install?

Plus I think a bunch of us would love to see some picks of how it attaches with the new metal bars if possible?

Thanks man, jeep looks great with the new duds
Unread 10-18-2010, 01:58 PM   #55
gsaxe
2007 JK Wrangler 

well here's a pic of the old "whisper"(?) type and yes the rear straps are the only ones I have for tying when its rolled forward.....
picture-008.jpg  

"Seems like alot and I can't say for a fact that it was all needed but that's what happens from reading forums." Jimk403
gsaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 02:00 PM   #56
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdrummer View Post
from the website it looks like the multi-top is just a package combining the wolf top and the cargo top sections.
Yup, you're right. I didn't catch that for some reason. Thx
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2010, 04:02 PM   #57
jeepdrummer
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdrummer View Post
Got an update for you guys. I spoke with Mr. Taylor on the phone today. He was very polite and helpful and answered the phone after about 2 rings (The # above works).

From what I've read on here I was expecting the exact opposite, so a pleasant surprise.

I inquired about the 2-door softtop and he said he was just about to start making another batch. If I were to place an order today, I could expect them to ship in about 3 weeks.

He also told me however, that he has plans to start designing a 2-door model that has roll up sections above both the front and back seats like it's 4-door conterpart. He said that this newer model would have removable side windows, which is a huge plus as far as I am concerned. He noted that since the 4-door version is already available it would only take a matter of weeks to convert that patent into a 2-door version, and start getting some prototypes out there.

Whether any of this is actually true or not is yet to be decided, but I thought I would pass this along. I think I'm going to hold off and see how how this new model comes out. If it's everything he says it will be it sounds pretty epic.

I'd also like to add that he sounded excited about it and seems determined to create "the best soft top on earth"
Just an FYI gentlemen...spoke to Timmy again today and once again he was pleasant, informative, and appreciative of my inquires. He said he just finished the design for a 2-door version of the 4-door Wolf Top he has on the website. Basically, the front and back roof sections are separate, the rear window rolls up, and the sides can be removed in seconds. Sounds like a pretty sweet top. He said he's making about 3 at a time at the moment until there is a steadier flow of income which I imagine won't pick up until everyone realizes they need a soft top next April. In any event, he said he'll have some new picks of it up on the website shortly. We shall see...
Unread 11-17-2010, 06:12 PM   #58
jdog1065
2010 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the update. I'm trying to decide between the Off Road Hero and the new Bestop Trektop NX. I talked to Bestop and they said it won't ship until spring, but it's on their website. It's similar to the ORH and from what I understand the side windows will come out of the new NX. I believe the side windows don't come out of the current version of the Trektop.

jdog1065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2010, 06:24 PM   #59
AJ in Japan
Jeeps and Bikes - Yea!
2007 JK Wrangler 

Thought I'd chime in here...

I contacted ORH in August requesting a shipping quote to Japan. I took him a month to get back to me. I had pretty much given up. Once he made contact, however, everything went smooth. He said my new "prototype" top could be ready to ship in 12 days. I took 14 days to ship. Tim was very pleasant to work with and answered my e-mail messages promptly. Unfortunately, by the time the top came, the weather had turned and I won't install it until spring. The new "prototype" doesn't have directions yet, so I suggested he upload an install video to YouTube but haven't heard back on that one. I have no customer service complaints in dealing with ORH and expect the top to be top quality as I have never read a bad review on the product.

Mods:

3.5” Skyjacker lift / Currie adjustable control arms (all 8) / Skyjacker dual steering stabilizer /
Poly Performance front and rear track bar relocation kits RHD / Poly Performance high steer kit with drag link flip adapter / 35/12.50/18 BFG Mud Terrain tires on stock painted rims with 1.5” Spidertrax wheel spacers / 5.13 Superior Gears front and rear /gear ratio, tire size and 91 octane performance adjusted with Superchips controller / ARB differential covers / Skid Row front skid plate / Mopar undercarriage skid plates (stock in Japan) / Mopar Rock Crawler bumpers front and rear with rear tire carrier / High Lift Jack mounted on rear bumper (when off roading) / Smittybuilt black D-Rings front and rear / Rampage Products Convertible Side Bar/Rocker Guards / AEV Heat Reduction Hood with AEV Snorkel / 1” over fender extensions / KC running lights on windshield and front bumper / Stubby antenna in black/ Warrior Products Mirror Relocation Brackets when doors are off / Meiwa Ultra Performance Muffler / B & M transmission cooler / Quadratec Ultimate Front Floor Liners / Off Road Heroes Soft Top / Daystar Hood latches and spare tire bump stops / Glass lens headlights with H-4 bulbs (stock in Japan) – headlight and fog bulbs changed to Sylvania Silverstars / Off Road guards for headlights, fog lights and tail lights / MS Plus Navigation System / rear seat removed (1st mod) / and other stuff I can’t remember now

Next: Change the junk Skyjacker Nitro shocks to Bilstein 5100s (on back order now per Dave at Northridge) and change the junk Skyjacker sway bar disconnects to JKS.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...8AcOGjlq3YtGLj

http://www.vroc.org/view_profile.php?user_id=998

http://rogueownersgroup.com/MemberPage.aspx?id=10

Doing it on the left side in Kanazawa, Ishikawa Japan.

Riding a motorcycle is the only time in my existence when I can completely lose myself only to find myself.

It's not the destination.........

It's the ride!
AJ in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2010, 07:42 PM   #60
jdog1065
2010 JK Wrangler 

That's good to know. My first choice is the ORH, but I've been a little hesitant to pull the trigger based on all the mixed reviews (mostly negative) about their customer service. On the positive side, I haven't read very many, if any, bad reviews about their product.
jdog1065 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
JK Wrangler , o.r.h. , off road heros , soft top , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.