Off Road Heros Soft Top - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Off Road Heros Soft Top

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 06-17-2010, 01:35 PM   #31
jeepdrummer
2010 JK Wrangler 

Got an update for you guys. I spoke with Mr. Taylor on the phone today. He was very polite and helpful and answered the phone after about 2 rings (The # above works).

From what I've read on here I was expecting the exact opposite, so a pleasant surprise.

I inquired about the 2-door softtop and he said he was just about to start making another batch. If I were to place an order today, I could expect them to ship in about 3 weeks.

He also told me however, that he has plans to start designing a 2-door model that has roll up sections above both the front and back seats like it's 4-door conterpart. He said that this newer model would have removable side windows, which is a huge plus as far as I am concerned. He noted that since the 4-door version is already available it would only take a matter of weeks to convert that patent into a 2-door version, and start getting some prototypes out there.

Whether any of this is actually true or not is yet to be decided, but I thought I would pass this along. I think I'm going to hold off and see how how this new model comes out. If it's everything he says it will be it sounds pretty epic.

I'd also like to add that he sounded excited about it and seems determined to create "the best soft top on earth"

jeepdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2010, 01:59 PM   #32
BigRed09
2009 JK Wrangler 

well, he does make a lot of modifications to his tops on an ongoing basis from what i've read(which is a lot). i would certainly expect some changes to the tops if he's telling you about them. he may take a long time to ship/mail things out, but i dont think i've read a post from someone who hasnt received their top...and if it needs a new part or missing something, he follows through.
Unread 06-20-2010, 12:46 PM   #33
labgeek
2010 JK Wrangler 

I just got an email from paypal with the shipping confirmation... 3 days BEFORE the one I was quoted. Now just waiting on the postal services (Canada & US) to do their stuff.
Unread 06-20-2010, 01:23 PM   #34
1911lover
2008 JK Wrangler 

I have an ORH top that is 3 yrs. old for sale for $350. plus shipping.Had it on during summer months only since July of '08. Very good condition, if anyone is interested. Email me at 1911lover@airadv.net for info. Traded the '08 Wrangler Unlimited off last week.

1997 Explorer
2008 Liberty
2008 Sahara Unlimited
1911lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2010, 02:19 PM   #35
Zoolander
2008 JK Wrangler 

Labgeek,
Can i ask when did you order your top?
I was told 3 weeks by Tim when i ordered mine, and it's been just over 3 weeks now.
I wrote him on Tuesday asking for an update and still haven't heard anything from him.
These aren't encouraging signs!
Thursday will be 4 weeks. I hope to hell i hear from him before then.

Cheers
Zoolander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2010, 02:40 PM   #36
labgeek
2010 JK Wrangler 

It was just under 3 weeks ago. The 23rd would be 3 weeks.
Unread 06-20-2010, 02:43 PM   #37
Zoolander
2008 JK Wrangler 

Ouch.
I wonder how you can get yours so fast when i ordered mine in May and still haven't heard a word
from them.
Basically i ordered mine a full week before you did. Something ain't right here.
Unread 06-20-2010, 02:58 PM   #38
labgeek
2010 JK Wrangler 

I don't know... what model top? I ordered a whisper top for a 4 door. Maybe they're batched and yours is on the way too and just didn't get the notification yet? Good luck.
Unread 06-20-2010, 03:09 PM   #39
Zoolander
2008 JK Wrangler 

same as yours, 4dr whisper top.
I sure hope so. The least they could do is actually talk to their customers
and keep them up to date on what is going on.
So many people on here trash this company's customer service skills, and i'm
starting to think i'm going to be one of them real soon. :-)
Unread 06-24-2010, 12:53 PM   #40
LuckyPunk

How the heck did you guys get yours in three weeks????

I ordered my Combo top on April 23 YES April... I got a email 6/13 it was done but that the hardware needed to be powder coated. No ship info as of yet!

8 Weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

W.T.*&^$
LuckyPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2010, 03:10 PM   #41
gsaxe
2007 JK Wrangler 

mine was three months, patience grasshopper, ommmmm, more beer please.....

"Seems like alot and I can't say for a fact that it was all needed but that's what happens from reading forums." Jimk403
gsaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2010, 06:24 AM   #42
jabsther
2010 JK Wrangler 

It took 11 weeks to receive mine. Ordered in March and of those 11 weeks, two were shipping alone. It will come, patience.
jabsther is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2010, 08:19 PM   #43
DNS711
2007 JK Wrangler 

On the tops that roll forward, how are you supposed to roll and secure it? Do you roll it back so that the underside is exposed, or do you roll it so the outside is exposed? What keeps it from unrolling in the wind? Does anyone have pictures?
Unread 06-29-2010, 08:47 PM   #44
jabsther
2010 JK Wrangler 

The underside is exposed. You use the two rear straps around the roll bar to secure it.
jabsther is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2010, 11:11 AM   #45
ChicagoGuy
formerly VetteDriver

2008 JK Wrangler 

Only close up I have.

The straps button up on the inside behind the visors when not in use. And I typically have much a tighter roll now that the top is broken in.

Tags
JK Wrangler , o.r.h. , off road heros , soft top , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.