Off Road Heros Soft Top - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Off Road Heros Soft Top

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitClayton Off Road - Come see us at these events!

Unread 08-28-2009, 09:34 AM   #16
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

woohoo I can order the top from trail duty!

My Build Thread
JK Tech
mattman8706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2009, 10:14 AM   #17
PrinceBondar

Is the top incompatible with having a spare tire?
PrinceBondar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2009, 01:45 PM   #18
5996tdm
2007 JK Wrangler 

I just received a ORH/California top for my 4dr JK. I ordered it in early September and it was to my door in less than 3 weeks. I have read all the bad press so I thought I would share how my experience went. I ordered the top from California tops. I emailed Tim Taylor the next day and basically told him that All I expected from him was an email confirming my order. I explained to him that I realized that it was a handcrafted specialty top and that I relized that it may take some time to make. I told him that I understood that I would probably be on a list and that patience would be required. About 8 days later, I finally received an email from Mr. Taylor that stated that the top had been shipped and he provided a tracking number. A little over a week the top showed up at my door. He sent me a second email thanking me for the purchase and told me that I would like the top he sent me. I put the top on and Wow....this guy has this top design down to a science. Fit and finish was great and I could not be happier with the top. This guy gets beat up pretty bad and I have seen some emails that he has sent in the past, trying to explain himself. Sometimes you just have to give a guy a chance. For those of you who have had a bad experience....I understand your frustration. By the way...I ordered mine directly from California Tops.....maybe that is the way to go.
5996tdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2009, 02:49 PM   #19
JkRyder
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman8706 View Post
woohoo I can order the top from trail duty!
can you really? is it less of a ordeal?
JkRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2009, 02:52 PM   #20
1911lover
2008 JK Wrangler 

I got mine 8-08 after about a 6 week wait (from the guy who makes them) and am quite pleased with it. The design/engineering, fit etc. are impressive and it is a solid product in my opinion.

I feel bad for those who have had problems ordering directly from the guy who makes them. Perhaps the best way to go is to order from a retailer as suggested above.

1997 Explorer
2008 Liberty
2008 Sahara Unlimited
1911lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2010, 03:57 PM   #21
jeepdrummer
2010 JK Wrangler 

How is your top holding out after all this time Hitmoney? Still give it rave reviews?

Also, I was curious, when you have the top portion rolled up do you experince any loud noise or flapping at high speeds?
jeepdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2010, 12:43 AM   #22
HITMONEY
RubiKong's Trainer

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdrummer View Post
How is your top holding out after all this time Hitmoney? Still give it rave reviews?

Also, I was curious, when you have the top portion rolled up do you experince any loud noise or flapping at high speeds?
Yup I still give it high marks... so much so I got one for my 2 door, "Project Double D's" as well!

Ok, not a good picture of the top..

No flapping from either top.
YouTube Channel HERE
FaceBook HERE
HITMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2010, 11:42 AM   #23
jeepdrummer
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
Yup I still give it high marks... so much so I got one for my 2 door, "Project Double D's" as well!

Ok, not a good picture of the top..

No flapping from either top.

Guess it depends which top you're looking at!! So she doesn't flap in the wind either?? Haha sorry I had to!!! Fantastic Jeep as usual.

I think I might pull the trigger on one of these. Do you know if they are still available from trail duty? I didn't see them on the website.
Unread 06-08-2010, 06:37 PM   #24
HITMONEY
RubiKong's Trainer

2008 JK Wrangler 

Nope.. Trailduty doesn't carry them anymore. You gotta go through ORH as of this writing. It could be a long wait for it but you will forgive that nonsense once you have the top.
HITMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 05:58 AM   #25
Zoolander
2008 JK Wrangler 

For what it's worth, I placed my order 2 weeks ago after ORH told me they were currently shipping tops out in 3 WEEKS!!! Are they telling the truth or lieing, guess i'll find out in another 7days. I sure hope they're on the level with their customers instead of screwing us around. Just my thought anyways.

Cheers
Zoolander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 08:46 AM   #26
AlanZ
2007 JK Wrangler 

I'm patiently saving for one of these. They come with the SUT section now, right?
AlanZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 11:52 AM   #27
jeepdrummer
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoolander View Post
For what it's worth, I placed my order 2 weeks ago after ORH told me they were currently shipping tops out in 3 WEEKS!!! Are they telling the truth or lieing, guess i'll find out in another 7days. I sure hope they're on the level with their customers instead of screwing us around. Just my thought anyways.

Cheers
Did you just email him? Is there a phone # to call? Did you order the 2-door or 4-door version? I emailed him yesterday, no response yet. Course it's only been a day...
Unread 06-09-2010, 12:36 PM   #28
labgeek
2010 JK Wrangler 

I emailed and he had given me a number...

Quote:
I am about 3 weeks to ship from the time you place your order.

Tim Taylor
(780) 432-8144
Unread 06-09-2010, 01:44 PM   #29
Zoolander
2008 JK Wrangler 

Jeepdrummer,

I have not talked to him on the phone. All contact has been through email so far.
I ordered the 4dr whisper top.
Usually it seems to take him 3 or 4 days before i get a reply to any of my emails.
Apparently nothing about OFH is quick, lol.

Cheers
Zoolander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 03:38 PM   #30
jeepdrummer
2010 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the info guys. I'll give him a call in a couple days if I don't hear from him. As always keep us updated!

Tags
JK Wrangler , o.r.h. , off road heros , soft top , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.