Off Road Heros Soft Top - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Off Road Heros Soft Top

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieCustom Axle Work at CCORJEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFF

Unread 08-28-2009, 09:34 AM   #16
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

woohoo I can order the top from trail duty!

My Build Thread
JK Tech
mattman8706 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2009, 10:14 AM   #17
PrinceBondar

Is the top incompatible with having a spare tire?
PrinceBondar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2009, 01:45 PM   #18
5996tdm
2007 JK Wrangler 

I just received a ORH/California top for my 4dr JK. I ordered it in early September and it was to my door in less than 3 weeks. I have read all the bad press so I thought I would share how my experience went. I ordered the top from California tops. I emailed Tim Taylor the next day and basically told him that All I expected from him was an email confirming my order. I explained to him that I realized that it was a handcrafted specialty top and that I relized that it may take some time to make. I told him that I understood that I would probably be on a list and that patience would be required. About 8 days later, I finally received an email from Mr. Taylor that stated that the top had been shipped and he provided a tracking number. A little over a week the top showed up at my door. He sent me a second email thanking me for the purchase and told me that I would like the top he sent me. I put the top on and Wow....this guy has this top design down to a science. Fit and finish was great and I could not be happier with the top. This guy gets beat up pretty bad and I have seen some emails that he has sent in the past, trying to explain himself. Sometimes you just have to give a guy a chance. For those of you who have had a bad experience....I understand your frustration. By the way...I ordered mine directly from California Tops.....maybe that is the way to go.
5996tdm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2009, 02:49 PM   #19
JkRyder
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman8706 View Post
woohoo I can order the top from trail duty!
can you really? is it less of a ordeal?
JkRyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2009, 02:52 PM   #20
1911lover
2008 JK Wrangler 

I got mine 8-08 after about a 6 week wait (from the guy who makes them) and am quite pleased with it. The design/engineering, fit etc. are impressive and it is a solid product in my opinion.

I feel bad for those who have had problems ordering directly from the guy who makes them. Perhaps the best way to go is to order from a retailer as suggested above.

1997 Explorer
2008 Liberty
2008 Sahara Unlimited
1911lover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2010, 03:57 PM   #21
jeepdrummer
2010 JK Wrangler 

How is your top holding out after all this time Hitmoney? Still give it rave reviews?

Also, I was curious, when you have the top portion rolled up do you experince any loud noise or flapping at high speeds?
jeepdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2010, 12:43 AM   #22
HITMONEY
RubiKong's Trainer

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdrummer View Post
How is your top holding out after all this time Hitmoney? Still give it rave reviews?

Also, I was curious, when you have the top portion rolled up do you experince any loud noise or flapping at high speeds?
Yup I still give it high marks... so much so I got one for my 2 door, "Project Double D's" as well!

Ok, not a good picture of the top..

No flapping from either top.
YouTube Channel HERE
FaceBook HERE
HITMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2010, 11:42 AM   #23
jeepdrummer
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
Yup I still give it high marks... so much so I got one for my 2 door, "Project Double D's" as well!

Ok, not a good picture of the top..

No flapping from either top.

Guess it depends which top you're looking at!! So she doesn't flap in the wind either?? Haha sorry I had to!!! Fantastic Jeep as usual.

I think I might pull the trigger on one of these. Do you know if they are still available from trail duty? I didn't see them on the website.
Unread 06-08-2010, 06:37 PM   #24
HITMONEY
RubiKong's Trainer

2008 JK Wrangler 

Nope.. Trailduty doesn't carry them anymore. You gotta go through ORH as of this writing. It could be a long wait for it but you will forgive that nonsense once you have the top.
HITMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2010, 05:58 AM   #25
Zoolander
2008 JK Wrangler 

For what it's worth, I placed my order 2 weeks ago after ORH told me they were currently shipping tops out in 3 WEEKS!!! Are they telling the truth or lieing, guess i'll find out in another 7days. I sure hope they're on the level with their customers instead of screwing us around. Just my thought anyways.

Cheers
Zoolander is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2010, 08:46 AM   #26
AlanZ
2007 JK Wrangler 

I'm patiently saving for one of these. They come with the SUT section now, right?
AlanZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2010, 11:52 AM   #27
jeepdrummer
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoolander View Post
For what it's worth, I placed my order 2 weeks ago after ORH told me they were currently shipping tops out in 3 WEEKS!!! Are they telling the truth or lieing, guess i'll find out in another 7days. I sure hope they're on the level with their customers instead of screwing us around. Just my thought anyways.

Cheers
Did you just email him? Is there a phone # to call? Did you order the 2-door or 4-door version? I emailed him yesterday, no response yet. Course it's only been a day...
Unread 06-09-2010, 12:36 PM   #28
labgeek
2010 JK Wrangler 

I emailed and he had given me a number...

Quote:
I am about 3 weeks to ship from the time you place your order.

Tim Taylor
(780) 432-8144
Unread 06-09-2010, 01:44 PM   #29
Zoolander
2008 JK Wrangler 

Jeepdrummer,

I have not talked to him on the phone. All contact has been through email so far.
I ordered the 4dr whisper top.
Usually it seems to take him 3 or 4 days before i get a reply to any of my emails.
Apparently nothing about OFH is quick, lol.

Cheers
Zoolander is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2010, 03:38 PM   #30
jeepdrummer
2010 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the info guys. I'll give him a call in a couple days if I don't hear from him. As always keep us updated!

Tags
JK Wrangler , o.r.h. , off road heros , soft top , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.