OEM Seat Heater performance - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > OEM Seat Heater performance

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kits

Unread 01-09-2015, 08:41 AM   #1
maniacal_rick
2012 JK Wrangler 

OEM Seat Heater performance

Any of you guys have the OEM Seat Heaters? We just picked up a 2013 JKU Sahara and I swear the seat heaters barely work. My 2500 Ram seat heaters will cook you as well as my Overlands seat heaters would do the same. I somewhat expected similar performance from the JKU.

Any feedback would be appreciated before I drop it off at the dealer.

Unread 01-09-2015, 08:43 AM   #2
Layth
2012 JK Wrangler 

The heaters in my 2012 JK UL Sahara have two settings. The High setting will cook you within 5 minutes. The Low setting you can leave on until they shut off automatically without being uncomfortable.
Layth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2015, 10:45 AM   #3
jwmbishop
Accidental Obfuscator

2011 JK Wrangler 

Toasted buns on mine at high...
Unread 01-09-2015, 11:58 AM   #4
rubicon17
2012 JK Wrangler 

Do these have a pressure switch on the seat? In the am if its teally cold i will warm it up for 5min or so and turn the seat heater to high and when i get back in its like its not even on. If i sit in the cold *** seat then turn it on it works faster. I dont know but i feel mine dont work very well. Most rigs are way hotter and faster. Any aftermarket replacements for us jeep guys?
Unread 01-09-2015, 12:21 PM   #5
Hemimonster425
2014 JK Wrangler 

Cloth or leather. I had them in my charger it would burn my exposed skin. My jeep isn't bad but it's not great.
Hemimonster425 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2015, 12:53 PM   #6
rubicon17
2012 JK Wrangler 

Mine are leather, had the classic shutting off and not staying on issue a few times but they seem to be mediocre at best.
Unread 01-09-2015, 01:23 PM   #7
maniacal_rick
2012 JK Wrangler 

Its Leather in mine. They seem like they work but only enough for me to notice that the seat has warmed up slightly....they defiantly don't toast any buns like others have described or my other Chrysler vehicles.
Unread 01-09-2015, 02:39 PM   #8
Hemimonster425
2014 JK Wrangler 

I have cloth and they get warm enough for me to feel them.
Hemimonster425 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2015, 04:30 PM   #9
reddog14
2012 JK Wrangler 

I have a 2012 JKU, cloth seats with factory heaters (hi/lo) and they stink. They are the weakest I have ever seen in a vehicle and the built in timers drive me crazy. If I turn them on why cant they stay on? I installed Mopar seat heaters in the rear seats and those are awesome. Hi/med/lo with no timers and they cook! I prefer the after markets so much I regret ordering the fronts with my build.
reddog14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2015, 05:20 PM   #10
rubicon17
2012 JK Wrangler 

Is the mopar different then the made in china garbage they come with when built? Could i replace the fronts with them and plug right in?
Unread 01-10-2015, 12:23 AM   #11
Cropduster23
2012 JK Wrangler 

I have a 2012 JKU Sahara with factory heated cloth seats AND I have thick Wet Okole Neoprene seat covers. If I turn my heated seat to High I usually have to turn it off after about 7-10 mins because it gets too hot. The low level doesn't really seem to do much on mine. Can run them on low til the cows come home and barely feel any warmth. Mine seems to have two settings; really hot and off. For reference I love in Northern Michigan - two days ago it was -17F air temp.
Cropduster23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2015, 10:07 AM   #12
jeepadvocate

Reddog14 can you provide more information on the MOPAR heated seats you installed in your rear seats. My 2015 wrangler sport unlimited is very cold in the rear seat thius may be solution when I am not driving.
jeepadvocate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2015, 07:41 PM   #13
reddog14
2012 JK Wrangler 

I used the Mopar kit
http://www.justforjeeps.com/heatedseats.html
The harness plugs into the back of the cigarette lighter for power. I extended the 3 wire harness about three feet and ran it through the center console. I placed the switch panel just above the rear window switches by cutting a hole just big enough for the flat wire to fit through. I ran the element wires under the carpet.
I also got some rear seat spacers off eBay to tilt the seats back which makes them so much better for long trips. I now have the most comfy back seats of any JKU I know. Great for ski trips or cool nights with the top down and doors off
reddog14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2015, 08:41 AM   #14
mrwildebeast
2014 JK Wrangler 

2014 Rubicon X Un with leather, Heated seats Very poor !!
mrwildebeast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2015, 09:55 AM   #15
FreeLantz
Are we havin' fun yet?

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddog14 View Post
I have a 2012 JKU, cloth seats with factory heaters (hi/lo) and they stink. They are the weakest I have ever seen in a vehicle and the built in timers drive me crazy. If I turn them on why cant they stay on? I installed Mopar seat heaters in the rear seats and those are awesome. Hi/med/lo with no timers and they cook! I prefer the after markets so much I regret ordering the fronts with my build.
The reason for the timer on heated seats in Chrysler vehicles is a case involving a circa-2000 Grand Cherokee and a man who was paralyzed from the waste down. He didn't realize he had hit the heated seat button and drove with them on for hours, before smelling something burning and pulling into a dealership. He had suffered some very serious burns by then.
facebook.com/groups/TX4WDSL
FreeLantz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.