OEM Seat Fabric Replacement - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > OEM Seat Fabric Replacement

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-08-2012, 11:08 AM   #1
tj98
1999 TJ Wrangler 

OEM Seat Fabric Replacement

I got roofing cement on the 2010 JK drivers seat bottom. I had been repairing a spot on the roof and had gotten some on my pants. Without thinking I jumped into the Jeep to move it. When I got out I left two skid marks of asphalt roofing tar on the gray seat bottom (gray seats with black inserts).

I used some Quick - N - Brite to get most of the stain out, but in the process I scrubbed a little to hard and damaged the fabric. It looks ok, but I will remember it everytime I get in the Jeep.

I'm not interested in seat covers or upgrading to leather, I just want my stock seat back like it was. Can anyone help me with a part number for the oem fabric for the drivers side seat bottom? 2010 JK Unlimited gray seats with black inserts.

Thanks.

14 JK Unlimited - Wife's
tj98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 11:51 AM   #2
smittycm
2012 JK Wrangler 

I did some searching with no luck, but here are a couple ideas...

1. Check with a local junkyard to look for wrecked 2010 that you could pull a seat from.
2. Call a dealer or auto shop that does insurance repair. They should be able to give you a part number for the seat at least. Not so sure they'd have the fabric alone.
3. Call an upholstery shop to see if they can get you stock fabric piece you're looking for.
4. Call a local dealer and find out who does the Katskinz leather upgrade for them. Maybe you'll luck out and find a place that did an upgrade and has the fabric they pulled off. I'm pretty sure they don't install the Katskinz leather over the top of the stock fabric. I've read of plenty of folks who have done the Katskinz leather upgrade on their 07-10 JK.

Good luck!
Unread 01-08-2012, 11:51 AM   #3
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

That’s too bad, I would want to do the same if it happened to me too. Probably be best to just go to a Jeep dealer parts guy to get whatever you need or maybe perhaps an auto upholstery shop has a catalog with the proper fabric.

Tell the truth now, are you sure it was roofing cement that made those “skid marks”?
1222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 01:01 PM   #4
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

upholstery shop mentioned above is a good route - your local dealer can refer you to the upholstery shop they use specifically for OE warranty repair
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2012, 11:42 AM   #5
tj98
1999 TJ Wrangler 

That's probably the route I'll go, the JK was bought at a dealer a few miles away from me. Have a good upholstery shop nearby, one my family has worked with since the 60's so I know the work is good.

I need to get the trim code to be for sure but I think I found the cover on the mopar accessories site. Not cheap, should have paid someone to fix the roof
14 JK Unlimited - Wife's
Unread 01-09-2012, 11:48 AM   #6
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj98 View Post
That's probably the route I'll go, the JK was bought at a dealer a few miles away from me. Have a good upholstery shop nearby, one my family has worked with since the 60's so I know the work is good.

I need to get the trim code to be for sure but I think I found the cover on the mopar accessories site. Not cheap, should have paid someone to fix the roof
You can always bedline the roof if it irks you enough, or buddy up with a body shop. Spraying the roof should be inexpensive enough. You don't need a high-quality, several stage paint and certainly no clear coat.

Good luck
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2012, 12:54 PM   #7
ricku

Upholstery shop is the way to go. They can get the exact OEM piece and install like new. I had a similar thing happen to me. Try and see if your homeowners insurance might cover it.
ricku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2012, 11:47 AM   #8
tj98
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricku View Post
Upholstery shop is the way to go. They can get the exact OEM piece and install like new. I had a similar thing happen to me. Try and see if your homeowners insurance might cover it.
That's an interesting thought, we've had several storms recently and I've had wind damage claims the last three years including twice for the same section of roof. The last time they raised my deductible instead of my rate, I don't want to chance it for this.

I found the cover online for under $200, taking Jeep to shop for quote at putting it on later this week. Should only be an hour or two labor. All of that is less than my deductible.
14 JK Unlimited - Wife's

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.