OEM Parking Brake Lever Study - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > OEM Parking Brake Lever Study

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955New jk doors from steinjagerOconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops and

Unread 03-10-2011, 05:23 AM   #16
CharlieHarper
2007 JK Wrangler 

A big thanks

thanks for the info! I now know what i need to replace and I bet it is not cheep!

CharlieHarper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2011, 12:32 AM   #17
phant0omx
2012 WK 

Coming over from the WJ board. Has anyone had the cable snap at the handle end releasing the tension in spring? The WJ brake handle is slightly different in that it doesn't have the extended drum on the other side of the cable drum. It has the riveted section then the cable drum sprocket that holds the tension of the spring. There is a stopper arm that when the handle is pulled up, is engaged to the sprocket and pulls it tight to engage the parking brake.

I have attached the parking brake cable from the handle to the equalizer bar, but it appears the the cable drum sprocket is wound to far to be able to engage with the arm to pull it up. I have checked the replacement part and it is the same length of the OEM.

I am at a stand still now and need any kind of help and at wits end.

Thought this was a long shot, but would try anyway.

Thanks
phant0omx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2011, 01:08 AM   #18
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

It sounds like you need to give the drum one full turn before attaching the cable.
I have no experience with yours so this is just a guess!

99% of Your JK Questions will be Answered Here
JK F.A.Q./WILL IT RUB and Popular Threads

Protect Our Rights to Freedom and the Environment
Visit the EnviroBeat
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2013, 09:41 AM   #19
gumbellion
2007 JK Wrangler 

Thread revival.
I have been searching on this as I just had the SNAP on my 2007.
Anyone done a write up on how to replace that spring, or have some tip/tricks on its replacement?
I really dont want to pay someone to fix this, so would like to get the parts ordered and fix it my self. I normally never use the e-break but its a real pain in the *** when putting the boat in the lake without it
Thanks
gumbellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2013, 09:43 AM   #20
gumbellion
2007 JK Wrangler 

is this what I need to do it?

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/lever-a...2059887ab.html
gumbellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 09:51 AM   #21
JonesN
2008 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for this!! I was removing my console yesterday...it was catching on the brake; so I had the hubby come out to help pull it up a little more....thats when it snapped!! The pictures really helped in understanding!! Thank you!
[FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B][CENTER]I tried to melt my JK down and inject it, but it didn't work!! I tried to chop it into a fine powder and snort it, but it didn't work!! So I will continue to check the forum 100X a day, and get butterflies everytime I get a new toy for it.[/CENTER][/B][/COLOR][/FONT]
[CENTER][URL="http://www.blackjeepsociety.com"][FONT="Arial Black"][B][SIZE="5"]BLACK JEEP SOCIETY[/SIZE][/B][/FONT][/URL][/CENTER]
JonesN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 11:39 AM   #22
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

^^^ My "hubby" came out to help! You go, girl!
SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
JK Wrangler , parking brake , problem , troubleshoot , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.