OE Chrome Wheels? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > OE Chrome Wheels?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Unread 12-10-2006, 07:47 PM   #1
hybridamp
2007 WK 

OE Chrome Wheels?

I was told by a dealer that they knew where a Sahara was located that is equipped almost exactly like I want, but that it had 18" chrome wheels (which I don't want).

I didn't think the Jeep Unlimited Sahara's had available chrome wheels as original equipment?

hybridamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2006, 08:25 PM   #2
tolh13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridamp
I was told by a dealer that they knew where a Sahara was located that is equipped almost exactly like I want, but that it had 18" chrome wheels (which I don't want).

I didn't think the Jeep Unlimited Sahara's had available chrome wheels as original equipment?
the upgrade stocks are cast aluminum not chrome.but dealer have been know to upgrade things them self after market.so maybe a pic from the dealer that has it?also you can go to jeep.com and see the 18"
1996 Harley (bad boy)
1973 WV thing
mark
tolh13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2006, 01:23 PM   #3
JayDLT
2007 JK Wrangler 

Wheels

Those 18" wheels are an option on the Sahara only, and come with 255/70/18 tires. Somehow I got them on my 07 "X". They are not chrome, they are painted "sparkle silver" per the brochure. They look nice, but I won't be keeping them when I upgrade my tires
JayDLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2006, 05:13 AM   #4
Crazy88888s

Unless someone chromed them, they are painted silver as posted above. It's just the dealer not knowing.
Crazy88888s is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2006, 10:11 AM   #5
Kyoseki
Inconceivable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy88888s
Unless someone chromed them, they are painted silver as posted above. It's just the dealer not knowing.
So they are actually painted and not just anodized?

Know how well the paint holds up?
Kyoseki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2006, 10:34 AM   #6
JayDLT
2007 JK Wrangler 

I have only had mine for less than a week, and only out on some dirt roads and small mud holes. If the "sparkle paint" starts to chip I'll let you know
JayDLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2006, 01:13 PM   #7
DShizzle
My daughter is SAXON

Well...on mine the paint outlasted the wheels I don't fore see any problems with it...surely it is about the same wheel painting process as on so many other aluminum wheels...All the ones I have had in the past seemed virtually bullet proof...just don't use abraisives or chemicals such as laquer thinner or xylene on them.
possible to pick up a turd by the clean end".
DShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.