Odd question - sorta - how many dogs can I fit? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Odd question - sorta - how many dogs can I fit?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 09-27-2006, 07:24 PM   #1
veggiedogwalker

Odd question - sorta - how many dogs can I fit?

How many dogs (75-100 lb dogs) would you say could fit in the back of a new 4 door JK?

How many total (comfortably) with the back seats down?

veggiedogwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2006, 07:58 PM   #2
NapalmEnema

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiedogwalker
How many dogs (75-100 lb dogs) would you say could fit in the back of a new 4 door JK?

How many total (comfortably) with the back seats down?
That big? I'd say four, tops.

Anything more you're asking for trouble.

P.S. They better all really like one another.
NapalmEnema is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2006, 08:00 PM   #3
veggiedogwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NapalmEnema
That big? I'd say four, tops.

Anything more you're asking for trouble.

P.S. They better all really like one another.
Some are 50 lbs but I'm thinking in terms of if I need to have a few 75-100lb dogs inside.
veggiedogwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2006, 03:18 AM   #4
Drednot
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Four , MAX
Drednot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2006, 06:30 AM   #5
DannyBaker

While I haven't driven a JK yet, I do have have to say this is one of the most interesting (and pertinent to me, anyway) issues I've seen here. Anyone who's seen a dog walker with half a dozen dogs or more in San Francisco would understand. Could this be the ultimate wind-blowing, tongue-wagging machine? [Maybe the DCX people should start working on a TV ad on this...] In my neighborhood there's a guy who carries three 75-lb Goldens in the "back" of a vintage Fiat, and they seem nothing but happy, so I guess anything's possible. Safety and sanity first, of course.
DannyBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2006, 10:27 AM   #6
gwar11d2
2009 JK Wrangler 

I've got a somewhat related question... I've got a 240lbs Mastiff and he fits comfortably in the back end of a 04 grand cherokee. I'm downsizing my vehicle to the JK 2door in December/January and I'm hoping the fold into the floor rear seat still allows him to 4x4 with me.

I really need to search for a 'cage' thing or a cargo net for a huge dog. Currently I have the mopar cage in the back.
gwar11d2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2006, 11:03 AM   #7
firefly

I can easily fit 3 dogs in the back of my TJ which has no back seat and they are more than happy back there. I checked out a new JK 4 door and was amazed at how much room it has in the cargo area so with the back seat down I would say 5 or 6 dogs will fit. Sure they will bump into eachother but once they get a good spot they will stay put and be happy. I've put 1 dog in my TJ when there was barely enough room for him with all the crap I had in the back and he was as happy as could be.

I'll have to post a picture I took this summer of the dog (golden lab) while doing 80mph down the highway. His lips were flappin in the wind and his eyes were rolled back and we took a shot of him by aiming the camera at the side view mirror so you got the "Jeep" on the mirror shot in the picture. Classic! Only in a Jeep!
firefly is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.