O2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > O2

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 02-13-2015, 01:03 AM   #1
Wadiking

O2

Wrangler 2008 Sport

Engine maintenance light is on for a few days then off then on etc. Am told by local Jeep dealers here in Oman its the O2 sensor. However they say I cannot change sensor alone but have to change the Cat plus PCM, whatever that is. Seems a bit excessive to me and it only has 64,000 Kms on clock. Any suggestions?

Wadiking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2015, 08:33 AM   #2
ronjenx
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

What was the code?
Unread 02-13-2015, 09:25 AM   #3
rich6700

If it's a code for an O2 sensor, just replace the sensor.
rich6700 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2015, 10:18 AM   #4
jwmbishop
Accidental Obfuscator

2011 JK Wrangler 

ummmm yes you can just replace the sensor.

Or (since it comes and goes like a loose wire) verify the voltage for the O2 circuits and check all connections first. Since the dealer is suggesting a parts toss approach (and possible that your local laws require a replacement approach?) - I think I would either confirm the wiring and stuff personally and/or go elsewhere for someone who will explain what they doing... and suggesting. I'm not entirely sure what you are up against there in Oman - I am sure your smog system and laws are different than ours! Can you even get your own code reader?
Unread 02-14-2015, 04:50 AM   #5
Wadiking

O2 sensor

Diagnostics read

PCM PC0032 Active O2 sensor 1/1 Heater Circuit High

Wadiking
Unread 02-14-2015, 09:01 AM   #6
ronjenx
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadiking View Post
Diagnostics read

PCM PC0032 Active O2 sensor 1/1 Heater Circuit High

Wadiking
I'm not familiar with PC0032, but here is the data for P0032. Sensor 1/1 is the upper one on the engine's right side.

P0032-O2 SENSOR 1/1 HEATER CIRCUIT HIGH

When Monitored:
Battery voltage above 10.6 volts, ASD is powered up, and O2 heater is off.

Set Condition:

The PCM detects that the O2 sensor heater element input is above the maximum acceptable voltage. One trip fault. Three good trips to turn off the MIL.

Possible Causes

O2 1/1 HEATER CONTROL CIRCUIT OPEN

O2 1/1 HEATER GROUND CIRCUIT OPEN

O2 1/1 HEATER CONTROL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO VOLTAGE

1/1 O2 SENSOR

POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM)
Unread 02-20-2015, 09:47 AM   #7
Wadiking

O2 sensor

All wiring and connections checked out and appears fine. The O2 sensor after Cat is one giving the most spurious readings but the other 3 are not behaving particularly well!! Dealer has now sourced 3 of 4 sensors in Oman and 4th, the miscreant, will be coming in from US.

Took a while for them to admit that sensor replacement is an option before switching out the Cat and /or PCM.

Hopefully with new sensors fitted problem will be resolved at a fraction of first quoted cost.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.