Now the JK locks the doors??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Now the JK locks the doors???

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 05-29-2013, 12:36 PM   #1
taoshum
2008 JK Wrangler 

Now the JK locks the doors???

Starting about 2 weeks ago, I noticed that every time I wanted to use the JK the doors were locked... It's parked in the garage so I never lock the Jeep doors at home... I thought maybe I was inadvertently pressing the door lock switch on the door, or maybe the passenger was doing this but no, we double and triple checked and this morning, wallaaa, the doors were locked when we checked. Is there a setting for this?

Also, not too long ago, every time I lock the doors using the remote key fob, for instance at the grocery store or where ever, the headlights now come on for about 3-4 minutes. I can unlock and manually switch the headlights on, then off, and they will stay off but if I use the remote to lock the vehicle, the headlights come on.

Any suggestions????

Unread 05-29-2013, 12:38 PM   #2
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

what year on my 2012 there is a setting in the stearing wheel controles to set lights on -off the amount of time the radio plays door lock sequence

Thought of the day
Trust people who like big butts they cannot lie...
cyberpyrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 09:53 PM   #3
taoshum
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by taoshum View Post
Starting about 2 weeks ago, I noticed that every time I wanted to use the JK the doors were locked... It's parked in the garage so I never lock the Jeep doors at home... I thought maybe I was inadvertently pressing the door lock switch on the door, or maybe the passenger was doing this but no, we double and triple checked and this morning, wallaaa, the doors were locked when we checked. Is there a setting for this?

Also, not too long ago, every time I lock the doors using the remote key fob, for instance at the grocery store or where ever, the headlights now come on for about 3-4 minutes. I can unlock and manually switch the headlights on, then off, and they will stay off but if I use the remote to lock the vehicle, the headlights come on.

Any suggestions????

Is this the "on/off" ignition cycle 4 times then throw the door lock toggle?
Unread 05-30-2013, 04:59 AM   #4
rha600
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

Any suggestions????
For this part it sounds like you have the delayed lights setting really on in the personal settings. I guess the idea behind it is if you park in an isolated dark place or in a parking garage where you want the extra light, they stay lit until you can get inside or to someplace "Safe". But I think you can set it for as short as 30 seconds of just turn it off completely. Just make sure you get the right setting. There is an "illuminated entry" for when you unlock the doors, and a "headlight delay" for when you lock them.

If you have a smartphone, go and download the JEEP app. it's just called "jeep" and it's actually got some really good info in it.
rha600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 05:49 AM   #5
jsflanagan

My '11 will auto lock all doors when you open the drivers door. It only occurs right after you have unlocked it with the FOB. Bought it used this past feb, still need to talk to dealer about it.
jsflanagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 05:58 AM   #6
rha600
2013 JK Wrangler 

wtf? it locks all the other doors when you open yours? that would be a ***** for everyone else if you ever had to get out of the Jeep in a hurry.
rha600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2013, 10:02 PM   #7
taoshum
2008 JK Wrangler 

Now... it didn't lock itself last night, ... this just gets weirder and weirder.
Unread 06-03-2013, 10:32 PM   #8
hrd2plz
2008 JK Wrangler 

So everything was fine, and then 2 weeks ago this started happening? Have you had it into the dealer or anything serviced? Really odd.
hrd2plz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 05:46 AM   #9
wilywillie
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

If you keep the wiring to the doors disconnected, they can't heckle you

http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/s...earthquake.jpg
wilywillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 07:49 PM   #10
taoshum
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilywillie View Post
If you keep the wiring to the doors disconnected, they can't heckle you

LOL, and neither can the windows, oh well.
Unread 06-05-2013, 02:09 AM   #11
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

How old is your battery? If your electronics are starting to act weird, you may need to change out or battery or in the least, check the connections and make sure they aren't crusted over.

I always wanted to turn off the "get home safe lights" in my 2010 Rubicon, but everything I read said it had to be reflashed at the dealer. With my 2012 there is a setting with the EVIC to turn it off.
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 05:03 PM   #12
taoshum
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
How old is your battery? If your electronics are starting to act weird, you may need to change out or battery or in the least, check the connections and make sure they aren't crusted over.

I always wanted to turn off the "get home safe lights" in my 2010 Rubicon, but everything I read said it had to be reflashed at the dealer. With my 2012 there is a setting with the EVIC to turn it off.
Battery is OEM... excellent point... could be the problem... seems to start fine. We were planning to get a new one this fall anyway.

Any replacement battery recommendations? Will probably just go to Sears...
Unread 06-15-2013, 02:08 PM   #13
wilywillie
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Any replacement battery recommendations? Will probably just go to Sears...
Diehard Platinum
Expensive ($200+), but worth the extra money... like everything aftermarket on your Jeep

There's a lot of research/posts about batteries here on JF, and "we" concur!

http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/s...earthquake.jpg
wilywillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 04:21 PM   #14
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

^^^ Best battery bar-none. Actually an Odyssey battery. Avoid Optima at all costs, cheap MIM crap.
SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.