JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   JK Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/)
-   -   Now in the JK Family (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/now-jk-family-1500907/)

bdubnit 03-29-2013 11:17 AM

Now in the JK Family

6 Attachment(s)
Hello all,

I just traded in my 2000 WJ for a slightly used 2012 JK and could not be happier right now. My transmission was going out on the WJ as well as a broken axle bearing seal, needed new tires, needed new brakes/rotars... So I figured I would get rid of it now before the transmission blew and it wouldn't be worth anything. My buddy told me they had this modded jeep up at the lot, so I went for it.

I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty new to all of this. I've been fourwheeling ATV's for approx 8years and now I've upgraded :D. Any recommendations would be awesome!

Mods
4" lift kit (dont know the brand)
34" Nitto Terra Grappler
18" Moto Metal Rims
Bushwacker fender flares
Cold air intake
exhaust (dont know the brand)
Rockers (dont know the brand)
Skid plates (they had "ProR" on them)
Tinted soft top windows

cyberpyrot 03-29-2013 11:19 AM

I love the star wheels nice jeep !!!

CrawlingForward 03-29-2013 11:22 AM

Congrats!

Best advice I have for you is just to drive it and enjoy it for a bit first. Take it wheeling, see what you like, what you don't like, what needs improving and go from there! Looks like a pretty good starting point!

bdubnit 03-29-2013 11:30 AM

Thanks guys! I forgot to add bushwacker fender flares too!

RockyClymer 03-29-2013 12:18 PM

Too much lift for the tires. Two inches will do it and at four in you need a lot of parts $$$$. Also read the forum first as CAI were voted the worst mod you can do as they do nothing on the JKs.

Filthy-Beast 03-29-2013 12:22 PM

Congratulations, You'll love it :highfive:

When you lift over 2.5" drive line issues can occur unless corrected. Check your current drive shafts, make the boots are good, also check the u-joints.

Now get out there and get it dirty on some trails.:2thumbsup:

bdubnit 03-29-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast (Post 15214029)
Congratulations, You'll love it :highfive:

When you lift over 2.5" drive line issues can occur unless corrected. Check your current drive shafts, make the boots are good, also check the u-joints.

Now get out there and get it dirty on some trails.:2thumbsup:

Awesome, thanks! I will take a look at it and see what I think. I'll snap a picture of the drive line and upload it just for reassurance.

OregonVette 03-30-2013 07:27 AM

Awesome looking Jeep!

Once you take the top and doors off you be golden and the ladies be lovin' !!!

MDWG 03-30-2013 09:18 AM

Awesome ride! Keep the wheels spinning and the beavers grinning. Enjoy the good times that are sure to come.

rfjeeper 03-30-2013 03:09 PM

Welcome to the world of JK's,i crossed over 4 months ago when i traded my "modified" 03 WJ for a 07 JKU,so far no regrets

LoneWolf 03-30-2013 06:51 PM

Welcome to the family! I bought my JK a week ago today and I'm still loving every second with her. I'm sure your experience will be the same!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

The time now is 07:43 PM.