not the techiest thread (what color?) - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > not the techiest thread (what color?)

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChIron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCK

Unread 12-08-2013, 02:16 AM   #31
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideking View Post
I like that blue-green.
It is a damn beautiful color

awinski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2013, 12:12 PM   #32
suicideking
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski View Post
It is a damn beautiful color
Most definitely!

I'm also wishing I hadn't gotten black. It looked great at the dealer because it matched the hard top. Now not so much with all the scratches...

I've thought about camo. It'd might make it easier to touch up too. If I could do it again, would probably get orange or silver.
suicideking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2013, 12:42 PM   #33
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideking View Post

Most definitely!

I'm also wishing I hadn't gotten black. It looked great at the dealer because it matched the hard top. Now not so much with all the scratches...

I've thought about camo. It'd might make it easier to touch up too. If I could do it again, would probably get orange or silver.
Silver was nice on my four door. Almost no scratches showed
Unread 12-08-2013, 01:10 PM   #34
715racing
2005 LJ Wrangler 

http://twisted-squirrel.com/shop/ind...6lj58o2h882o31

This is what is going to be protecting my black Rubicon from looking like junk. I should have them on in a few weeks, and will give an installation report.
Unread 12-08-2013, 02:01 PM   #35
suicideking
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 715racing View Post

This is what is going to be protecting my black Rubicon from looking like junk. I should have them on in a few weeks, and will give an installation report.
Interested in how that turns out, and holds up to a couple years of wheeling. Definitely post a link if you start a thread.
suicideking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2013, 02:12 PM   #36
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 715racing View Post

Seems like a smart idea. I always thought about getting the side vinyl wrapped. Seems like this company acted on it. Make sure you lmk when you do this. I'd love to see how it works out
Unread 12-08-2013, 07:29 PM   #37
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronJames View Post
if you are painting yourself, just please chose a custom color. What's the point of "custom" painting a vehicle a standard color? I think if you went with a bright color in a matter finish it would really pop.

Don't go black, as after the first week of exposure it will never look as good as day 1

Commando green is boring
some thing tells me you haven't been reading this thread.
the point of painting it is to paint it a color i want and will look good even after abuse on the trails, or a color nice enough i won't be dumb with it. if that happens to be a color of a stock jeep then so be it. the point of this thread is for people to tell me which color they like, maybe ill like that color too. i pointed out that i might not want a stock jeep color just because it wouldn't be original, but if i like one then oh well.
Unread 12-08-2013, 07:45 PM   #38
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

I stick to my original post... two tone, bright and as obnoxious as hell on the lower half, and stock black up top (and inside)

Hoss

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...
JoonHoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2013, 09:21 PM   #39
AlbertaJeeper
2013 JK Wrangler 

Like I said in your build thread, I think a matte Olive Drab green would look awesome. Ever think about a Jurassic Park paint scheme now that you've got a 2 door?
AlbertaJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2013, 12:41 PM   #40
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronJames View Post
You need to crowd source what colors others like in order to see if you like it too? Do you want to know what we are all eating for dinner next?

Do you like meatballs. I bet you do
so brain tumor?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaJeeper View Post
Like I said in your build thread, I think a matte Olive Drab green would look awesome. Ever think about a Jurassic Park paint scheme now that you've got a 2 door?
haha i think ill be good without that paint job. one of the guys in my shop came up with a pretty good idea, to get a thicker teflon like wrap made with the hood decal i used to have cut out somewhere in it
Unread 01-27-2014, 06:44 AM   #41
LiftedJeepGirl
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Totally think that pink should be an option. Come on, u want something to turn heads? Be the next ken driving barbies jeep but being serious... I love charcoal with black wheels. So classy and yet my dream ride. But I have a buddy who repainted his like a turquoise color. U wanna talk about a head turner..
LiftedJeepGirl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2014, 06:50 AM   #42
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiftedJeepGirl View Post
Totally think that pink should be an option. Come on, u want something to turn heads? Be the next ken driving barbies jeep but being serious... I love charcoal with black wheels. So classy and yet my dream ride. But I have a buddy who repainted his like a turquoise color. U wanna talk about a head turner..
That's what I did
Unread 01-27-2014, 12:11 PM   #43
442Wrangler
In like Flynn.

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski View Post
That's what I did
That is a sweet color. The only two I'd choose over it would have been of course Detonator Yellow and that awesome royal blue that ford has.

Nonetheless, get that bumper painted!!!!!!

1998 TJ Sahara Sold
-3.25" RC spring lift, Eagle alloys 125s, 33x12.5x15 Cooper STTs, XRC8 winch with stock bumper mount

1994 YJ SE Sold
-4" RC spring lift, 33x12.5x15 Firestone M/Ts, Eagle alloys 125, and a 4 cylinder to boot

1960 Willys Wagon
-Going to be restored and painted Omaha Orange

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."
-Steve McQueen

Male RN Jeep Club #1
442Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2014, 02:33 PM   #44
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 442Wrangler View Post

That is a sweet color. The only two I'd choose over it would have been of course Detonator Yellow and that awesome royal blue that ford has.

Nonetheless, get that bumper painted!!!!!!
Selling the bumper to make my own
Unread 01-27-2014, 06:15 PM   #45
LiftedJeepGirl
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Looks beautiful. Good choice!
LiftedJeepGirl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.