Not a Monster Build Thread - BlkOps / TOGM 2011 JK - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Not a Monster Build Thread - BlkOps / TOGM 2011 JK

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 08-15-2013, 06:09 AM   #121
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

Thank you for checking in. Our goal for every mod is to step back and say "it looks like that has always been there". No glitzy or dangly bits!

BlkOpsRubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 06:27 AM   #122
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

I think you should enter JKoTM for August!

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 06:45 AM   #123
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

I did (if it didn't find it's way to the junk mailbox again)... I'll try it one more month. I'm beginning to think I'll never win it with 35s"!
Unread 08-15-2013, 04:07 PM   #124
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkOpsRubi View Post
I did (if it didn't find it's way to the junk mailbox again)... I'll try it one more month. I'm beginning to think I'll never win it with 35s"!
I think you got it this time around!

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 06:21 AM   #125
TOGM
The Other Green Monstah!

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkOpsRubi View Post
Got the Trail Cage back nice and shiny. The install was pretty uneventful as all the fit up and prep drilling was done before it was powder coated. I like how it gives it a more old school look.

Because of the open channel design, I drilled four 3/16" weep holes in each corner for water drainage. These were drilled prior to powder coating. Future plans may include designing a cover plate for it.

My wife's Build Thread
TOGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 11:22 AM   #126
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGM View Post
Because of the open channel design, I drilled four 3/16" weep holes in each corner for water drainage.
Dang, and I knew that. I try to be so careful to include the details (at least the ones I know) but forgot to add that little tip! Good to see you log in to the thread every so often for a fact check and to keep me honest!
Unread 08-19-2013, 10:49 AM   #127
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

2nd Annual Jeep Fest Ė Norwood MA

Took it out to a Jeep Fest hosted by one of the local Jeep Dealers in Norwood, MA. This is about 30 miles from where I live so had not been to that dealership. Apparently it is not just a dealership but a destination … they have a store with Jeep logo’d paraphernalia (Just for Jeeps) and a restaurant (Jeep Grill). The Swag bag wasn’t bad.

A few pictures of some the rigs I saw. My favorite Jeep was a restored 1980 CJ5 V8 with a 4 speed. It was just like one I used to have (black with lots of chrome). There was always a crowd around it so I ended up not getting a picture

One of our four free raffle tickets won 2 adult rides on “Codzilla”!

Unread 08-25-2013, 06:42 AM   #128
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

COD Package no more

Now with the ragged star covered by the crusher corners and the tail light guards gone, the only thing left of the COD package is the gas fill cover. I’m looking for a replacement star decal. All I’m finding right now is a three decal package for $50. I just want that ragged star, so I’m hoping to find someone that will separate the package.
Unread 08-25-2013, 06:46 AM   #129
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

Rock Krawler Shocks

UPS dropped off a present last week ... the new shocks and tie rod. We picked up new stock tie rod ends at the Norwood dealer when we attended the Jeep Fest last week-end. After the corner armor went on the Jeep, TOGM went back to working on his big boy toys. I may have to wait for a while to get these installed.
Unread 08-25-2013, 10:26 AM   #130
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Well that certainly sucks. If you aren’t able to install them yourself then perhaps you can find a friend or maybe even one of our forum members that live near you might come forward to lend you a hand. I know I would be happy to help you out if I were in your area.
1222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 08:01 AM   #131
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

That is a nice thought but no I won't attempt to install the new shocks myself ... not even poser shots. I do the research and most of the mod design but TOGM gets all the credit for the actual wrenching. The only urgency is I have a minor shimmy in the front end that needs some attention. Waiting for the new shocks and tie rod install to see what else may need to be tightened, replaced, aligned, or balanced to resolve it.

He's got a Military Vehicle Preservation show in a couple of weeks that he's prepping a truck for so I can be patient.
Unread 08-26-2013, 08:02 AM   #132
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

RIPP Supercharger Tramp Stamp

Finally got the tramp stamp installed this weekend. Had to trim the vent covering a bit.

Unread 08-26-2013, 11:58 AM   #133
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Tramp Stamp looks good but I have a question about them that I probably should know but I donít. I have always thought that the ďventĒ is eliminated when installing the TSís but now I can see that they arenít. So my question is, is the vent still functional?
1222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 12:38 PM   #134
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
Tramp Stamp looks good but I have a question about them that I probably should know but I don’t. I have always thought that the “vent” is eliminated when installing the TS’s but now I can see that they aren’t. So my question is, is the vent still functional?
When I asked exactly the same question, TOGM pointed out that with the vent removed, there is a giant open hole into the otherwise sealed double walled tailgate (door) with no apparent drainage on the bottom. The tramp stamp is held off the door with rubber grommets that would allow water to flow and collect in that space if the vent were totally removed. So he trimmed off the plastic lip and reinstalled it behind the tramp stamp. The RIPP supercharger cut out is in front of the vent so the airflow can continue out of the vent baffles unimpeded.

I'm not sure what the official answer is from the vendor (instructions didn't address it either way) but we decided to just do what seemed logical.
Unread 08-26-2013, 08:14 PM   #135
TJLockedNLoaded
2008 JK Wrangler 

cool rig!
TJLockedNLoaded is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.