Not a Monster Build Thread - BlkOps / TOGM 2011 JK - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Not a Monster Build Thread - BlkOps / TOGM 2011 JK

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 07-30-2013, 06:22 PM   #106
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

We wanted to look around at wheels. When we bought our Pro Comp rims, we didn’t think we needed bead locks (at least I didn’t). They haven’t held up as well as we expected so at some point we’ll upgrade. TOGM really likes the engineering behind the Hutchenson Rock Monster Wheels (he has Hutchenson brand on one of his restored military trucks). They don’t have a rock ring but the rep said in a couple of months we should see one available. I actually liked the looks of the Method Racing Wheels. We are still researching and trying to decide. Didn’t order wheels at the show.

BlkOpsRubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2013, 06:59 PM   #107
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

So when's the 37s goin on?
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2013, 07:23 PM   #108
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

WOW! HECK OF AN UPDATE pretty upsetting wouldve been nice to see her at the pa jeep show but I didnt make it out. that rock course does look fun and I must say I also love ps stuff!
awinski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2013, 07:40 PM   #109
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
So when's the 37s goin on?
Ha Ha ... Nope we thought long and hard about the tire size and kept it at 35" for a number of reasons. Not the least of which is the local club we wheel with has a max tire size of 35" to try to preserve the quality of the trails. The North East has few enough areas to legally wheel, we want to keep those areas open. Plus, I'm kind of old school in my thinking ... a good spotter, a good driver, and a moderately built Jeep can usually keep up with the big boys just fine.
Unread 07-30-2013, 07:43 PM   #110
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski View Post
WOW! HECK OF AN UPDATE pretty upsetting wouldve been nice to see her at the pa jeep show but I didnt make it out. that rock course does look fun and I must say I also love ps stuff!
You missed a good time and lots of super nice rigs to drool over!
Unread 08-12-2013, 08:16 AM   #111
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

Poison Spyder Crusher Corners dry fit

The order for the corner armor came in and we did the dry fit and install prep. Integrated fenders would have been preferable but we already have the Poison Spyder fenders and the body armor behind the rocker knockers installed so we just went with the corners. All in all they fit up pretty well, just had to trim about 1/8” off where each side met the body armor.

Unread 08-12-2013, 08:18 AM   #112
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

DIY Resistor Mounting Bracket

TOGM fabricated a bracket for mounting the resistors for the tail lights. The driverís side was more difficult to find a spot for it.

Unread 08-12-2013, 08:25 AM   #113
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

Poison Spyder Crusher Corners install

The corner armor came back from the powder coat company nice and shiny. With the prep and pre-fit, they installed in a jiffy. The round tail lights are really growing on me!

Unread 08-13-2013, 09:29 PM   #114
KG6KJS
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkOpsRubi View Post
With the new trail cage, I thought the Safari Straps Warrior Extended Long cage netting looked a little busy and talked TOGM into ordering a new set of Safari Straps Warrior cage. Much better.

The long set will go to one of the twins if they want it. If not, we’ll list on craigslist. I don’t see us ever going back to the long set.
Clean, I love when Jeeps are built right... How do you like your Safari Straps? Quality, Fit, Etc...
KG6KJS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2013, 10:29 PM   #115
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Love the corner armor! Looks awesome! Glad you decided you liked the round lights.

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2013, 09:03 AM   #116
Tonellin
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Great build, awesome choice with mods - nice, clean and subtle just how I like my jeeps. Hope to see you around Boston sometime
Unread 08-14-2013, 10:05 AM   #117
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG6KJS View Post
Clean, I love when Jeeps are built right... How do you like your Safari Straps? Quality, Fit, Etc...
Thank you for reading the build thread! We love the Safari Straps ... this is the 3rd year we've had them and they are exposed to the weather for most of the summer months. We just put on the shorter net when we put the trail cage in and there is no difference in the wear, color, fading, etc. between the new netting and the old side panels. No flapping or noise.
Unread 08-14-2013, 10:08 AM   #118
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanimal View Post
Love the corner armor! Looks awesome! Glad you decided you liked the round lights.
Thanks. Every time I second guess that decision I pull up pictures of old military Jeeps to remind me of why I like them!

Unread 08-14-2013, 10:09 AM   #119
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellin View Post
Great build, awesome choice with mods - nice, clean and subtle just how I like my jeeps. Hope to see you around Boston sometime
Thank you for reading!

Maybe we'll see you on a trail some time!
Unread 08-14-2013, 10:18 AM   #120
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Well heck what can I say that hasnít been said already. As always I enjoy checking in on your build to see the progress youíve made and the clean and detailed workmanship that you do.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.