Not a Monster Build Thread - BlkOps / TOGM 2011 JK - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Not a Monster Build Thread - BlkOps / TOGM 2011 JK

NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughHuge Soft top Sale

Unread 06-21-2013, 07:35 PM   #76
TOGM
The Other Green Monstah!

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkOpsRubi View Post

I replaced the PSC supplied metric studs with OEM specified SAE lug studs 1/2"-20 so that they could be used as spares if needed for field repairs.

My wife's Build Thread
TOGM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2013, 08:25 PM   #77
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

Bestop All Weather Trail Cover

With all the sudden summer downpours in Boston lately this is my new favorite convenience item. While I know it is a Jeep and it has been rained in numerous times, I'll avoid it if I can. I can throw this on by myself in a couple of minutes. Simple, effective and completely water proof.

BlkOpsRubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2013, 09:45 PM   #78
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Awesome. Lately I've just been driving around with my front freedom panels on and letting the back get rained in. Keeps me pretty dry throughout all the storms we've had but I have been debating getting one of those emergency tops. I just feel like I'll see it's raining and be like ahhhh who cares and the emergency top will go to waste

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2013, 10:08 PM   #79
tnk9242
2010 JK Wrangler 

This thread is incredibly detailed. I really like the look you have pulled off with this Jeep. My wife and I went through the same thing on my last TJ, and we are doing it again now on a JKU we recently purchased.
tnk9242 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2013, 07:25 PM   #80
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanimal View Post
Awesome. Lately I've just been driving around with my front freedom panels on and letting the back get rained in. Keeps me pretty dry throughout all the storms we've had but I have been debating getting one of those emergency tops. I just feel like I'll see it's raining and be like ahhhh who cares and the emergency top will go to waste
I've been caught in downpours several times already this summer. If I know it's coming I'll throw the cover on ... a lot quicker and easier than pulling the soft top up and zipping in windows. It is also nice to keep the dew off the seats if I've got to be on the road early in the morning.
Unread 06-26-2013, 07:33 PM   #81
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnk9242 View Post
This thread is incredibly detailed. I really like the look you have pulled off with this Jeep. My wife and I went through the same thing on my last TJ, and we are doing it again now on a JKU we recently purchased.
Thank you. It would have been a lot easier to have done the build thread from the beginning rather than trying to remember when things were done and in what order. Make sure you start one for your JKU and update it as you go!
Unread 06-26-2013, 08:53 PM   #82
tnk9242
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkOpsRubi View Post
Thank you. It would have been a lot easier to have done the build thread from the beginning rather than trying to remember when things were done and in what order. Make sure you start one for your JKU and update it as you go!
I will. First round of parts on the way.
tnk9242 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 10:08 PM   #83
Ls1man2020
2013 JK Wrangler 

Wow that jeep went from stock to rock. Bad *** build. Tell your hubbi his welds look better than mine. Lol nothing a grinder can't fix.
Ls1man2020 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2013, 07:34 AM   #84
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ls1man2020 View Post
Wow that jeep went from stock to rock. Bad *** build. Tell your hubbi his welds look better than mine. Lol nothing a grinder can't fix.
Thank you!
Unread 07-02-2013, 03:45 PM   #85
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

Wedding Jeep

We havenít done anything with our Jeep the last couple of weeks as our focus has been getting ready for the wedding of daughter #3 (three down and one to go)Ö woo hoo!

This is her Jeep with top down, doors off, and dressed up for the reception departure! Sorry about the crappy cell phone picture, the professional pictures aren't available yet.
Unread 07-02-2013, 03:48 PM   #86
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

2013 PA Jeeps All Breeds Show

Today I sent in a registration for the PA Jeeps All Breeds Show … woo hoo! Entered my Jeep in the show again but don’t expect any placement. Our major mods number more than 4, so we fall in the “Unlimited” class where the sentiments seem to be “bigger is better”.

My shopping list isn’t very long this year but it is always fun to see the demo and prototype rigs and the latest and greatest toys.

It’s always a good time. Please stop by and say hello if you attend!

Unread 07-02-2013, 03:53 PM   #87
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

Next Mod Teaser #2

No guesses on the card board box so here is another clue for our next modification. Iím going to be pressing TOGM to get it done before the PA Jeep Show in 2 1/2 weeks but I doubt it will happen.

Unread 07-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #88
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

Gain Dishwashing Liquid Magic

A few months ago I read a thread about Gain Dishwashing liquid being used to remove the sound/heat shield under the carpet. I tried it and it is magic! A big thank you to TheBoss (IIRC) for this helpful tip! A soak overnight and it peels / scrapes right off in big strips.

Unread 07-08-2013, 12:11 PM   #89
JoeJackson
2011 JK Wrangler 

Just went through the entire thread. Love this build. I am going to at some point install most of these exact items so its great to see what they will look like when i am finished.

And my guess for whats in the box would be a Trail Cage from PSC.
Unread 07-08-2013, 06:00 PM   #90
Mudzilla6661
Web Wheeler

2010 JK Wrangler 

just read the entire thread, great attention to detail! keep it up can't wait to see more on the build!

2010 jk islander aka Mudzilla 2.5 AEV lift 35" kevlars, PSC front and rear bumpers Q10000 winch. More to come!
Mudzilla6661 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.