Not a Monster Build Thread - BlkOps / TOGM 2011 JK - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Not a Monster Build Thread - BlkOps / TOGM 2011 JK

ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 06-17-2013, 07:13 PM   #46
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

sPOD - modified with backlit air gauge and map lights

We purchased the sPOD with Air Gauge from 4x4s-POD.com and then TOGM modified it to add map lights and replaced the air pressure gauge. The project was temporarily stalled while we looked for an automotive style backlit replacement 1 ˝” diameter air pressure gauge (0 – 150 psig min). This was a very difficult quest so we went with a slightly larger one.

Finally found an ISSPRO 2" backlit gauge at Diesel Manor that is low profile and made it work. Spatial design notwithstanding, the gauge looks completely different than original. Improvement is a matter of opinion but I like the look a lot better.

The map lights are a 3 LED unit fitted into black Delrin housing. The housing was fabricated from 1 ˝” diameter solid stock Delrin. TOGM drilled, cut, sanded and buffed it for a finished look.

Comparison of gauges:

Profile view ... had to put a spacer to raise it over the switches:

Plan view:

Installed:

After Dark:

BlkOpsRubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 07:15 PM   #47
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

High Amp Relay for Winch

TOGM ordered a 500 Amp Continuous Duty relay from Concept Customs for power to the winch. He likes to isolate the power to all leads to the winch when not in use. sPOD switch controls the relay. TOGM fabbed a bracket for mounting.

Unread 06-17-2013, 07:17 PM   #48
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

PIAA 5461 540 Series Ion Crystal Black Fog Lamps

We’ve had PIAA fog lights on a number of vehicles so I wanted to stick with a brand I know and love. The 5461 540 Series are a perfect fit atop the winch fair lead while being protected by the bumper brawler bar. They are wired through the sPOD. Sticking with the blacked out theme we painted over the white lettering on the black guards.

Unread 06-17-2013, 07:17 PM   #49
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Nicely done Wrangler. I bet you get compliments all the time in person!
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 07:19 PM   #50
wj4play
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

Holy major posts batman

I take it you have been collecting pics Durring your jeep adventure and finally got around to posting

I also like how you take advantage of each post subject line - not many folks do that so again

Sent from iPhone
Unread 06-17-2013, 07:23 PM   #51
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4play View Post
Holy major posts batman

I take it you have been collecting pics Durring your jeep adventure and finally got around to posting

I also like how you take advantage of each post subject line - not many folks do that so again

Sent from iPhone
Yes, have been dumping pictures up to Photobucket for many months but just finally got around to the write up and posting. I'm trying to keep in sequence by dates but I noticed in the pictures I'm out of order on a few items.
Unread 06-17-2013, 07:26 PM   #52
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageraid View Post
Nicely done Wrangler. I bet you get compliments all the time in person!
Thank you. Just today, a cop waved me over to tell me he liked the Jeep. Scared the holy hell out of me but it turned out to be a nice chat!
Unread 06-17-2013, 07:30 PM   #53
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

Custom Flag Holder

I was invited to drive my Jeep in the Somerville Memorial Day Parade (the largest in the state) flying the POW-MIA flag. TOGM fabricated a custom flag holder. He didn’t want me to take pictures of it … something about his welds looking like seagull poop!

Unread 06-17-2013, 07:32 PM   #54
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

Mother's Day 2012 - Jeepers style

Our twin daughters parking their Rubicons by ours for some poser shots while they were home for Mother's Day!

Unread 06-17-2013, 07:36 PM   #55
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

Bubba Rope

Mother’s Day Gift was just what I asked for … kinda! So Bubba Rope’s marketing is top notch … I have bought into the whole kinetic energy recovery rope (KERR) logic and decided I wanted to replace the generic recovery straps we carry for off roading. The fact that the original Bubba is black with red accents does not hurt!

In typical husband fashion, TOGM was listening with only one ear. He heard Bubba Rope, heard black and red, and heard Mother’s Day. So when I opened my gift on Sunday morning there was a black and red Bubba Rope in the box but it was HUGE! It looks like a coil of dock rope for a friggin cruise ship. I could barely carry the 30’ length! He even had them coat the ends in red color (that size normally comes in a different color) but it was just way too big for Jeep wheeling! He promptly ordered the regular Bubba in 7/8” and I received it in a couple of days. Instead of returning the big rope, it got quietly moved to his deuce and half military truck. Maybe that was his plan all along?

Unread 06-17-2013, 07:40 PM   #56
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

Exploring New Hampshire Trail Ride

Got a virtual hand slap by ENH for posting this picture. While I’m a firm believer in the tread lightly philosophy, I have mixed feelings about which is worse for the environment, staying on the trail and going through mud or going off trail to avoid it. The Jeep in front of us stalled out and had to be towed so we went through the mud probably faster and harder than necessary. Apparently, it wasn’t the driving in the mud that was the offense, it was the posting of pictures.

However, I did learn a new appreciation for mud cleanup. TOGM had to leave town for business after the ride so I had to do the cleanup, what a mess! Now I avoid mud when possible. That is not an easy thing for someone who grew up muddin’ in the Tennessee Mountains!

Unread 06-17-2013, 07:42 PM   #57
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

Father’s Day 2012

Years ago, TOGM started using Father's Day as vehicle maintenance & cleanup day. The kids would "help" Dad, starting with toddling around wiping wax off with a chamois, manning the water hose & vacuum, and eventually using real tools. All four girls can change their own oil and know a five tire rotation pattern.

Twenty years later, that is still the routine but now they bring their own vehicles for pampering!

Unread 06-17-2013, 07:47 PM   #58
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

Patriot Jeepers July 2012 Trail Ride

Patriot Jeepers July ride was on some awesome power line trails!

And yes, the front passenger side tire is mounted backwards. We had tire trail damage a few months earlier, had it repaired and remounted but it wasn’t until these pictures that we noticed it. Oops, looking back at the pictures, we should have noticed long before we did!

Unread 06-17-2013, 07:51 PM   #59
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

2012 PA Jeep Show

Attended the 2012 PA Jeep Show. Again entered for premium parking but didn’t even place. JK Modified had some stiff competition but we had fun playing on the Big Rock obstacle course.

Didn't buy as much this year but did spend an inordinate amount of time at the RIPP booth!

Unread 06-17-2013, 07:58 PM   #60
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

aFe Cold Air Intake (CAI)

aFe MagnumForce Stage 2SI Air Intake System PG7 was ordered from the advanced FLOW engineering Intake Store and installed. There was not much performance improvement but it looked cooler.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.