Noob question..rear axle seems to far forward - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Noob question..rear axle seems to far forward

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-19-2013, 04:44 AM   #16
bogleparsons
2013 JK Wrangler 

I think the picture is a little deceiving on how far they are in the wheel well.

Also all 13' have the pinch seem already trimmed.

Unread 08-19-2013, 08:14 AM   #17
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

You have the Mopar Enhanced Rock Slider. I had one on my 2 door rubi (upgrade) and one on my COD. You can take off a inch with no problem, and that should do you fine. Cut the pinch seam underneath from spot weld to spot weld and paint. It'll get covered by the rock rail. Cut the rock rail strait down so you can still use the plastic cap.
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 02:45 PM   #18
burnswhenip
2010 JK Wrangler 

Give Rock Krawler a call. They have a nice kit that shifts the axle back.
burnswhenip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2013, 07:59 AM   #19
Joiner
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilywillie
Just a thought, looking at that last photo:

If they bolt on in just 2 places, is there a chance the rails are on backwards (wrong sides)?? That looks like it's WAY to far into the wheel well....just my take.
They come stock like that. My stock rubi rails where only about 2" from the edge of my 35's before I cut them back.
Joiner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2013, 08:52 AM   #20
Astennis1
2013 JK Wrangler 

Would you actually measure how far back you want the axle and do a little trig, or is there just a lenth associated with a size spring. For ex I have the AEV 3.5 springs and my rear CAs are stock. Will they know how long the CA will have to be to put it back in position or will I have to measure how far it moved forward then calculate?

13 JKUR
Astennis1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2013, 11:09 AM   #21
ncb

Math and cycling the suspension minus the springs to make sure the tires are centered in the fender with no rub at full stuff. Are you against trimming the sliders? It's cheaper than upper and lower control arms. Plus you create a couple issues with extending wheel base such as spring bow.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2013, 12:51 PM   #22
Astennis1
2013 JK Wrangler 

I have already cut pinch seams and rubi rockers and the tire stuffs with no rubbing. I just figured when it was moved forward with the taller springs it was causing spring bow and I wanted to move it back to stock position.

13 JKUR
Astennis1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.