No more Unlimited's In 2007? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > No more Unlimited's In 2007?

Jeep Liberty Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontSAVE BIG: Christmas in July Sale!Jeep Liberty Window Regulator

Unread 04-27-2007, 11:49 AM   #1
Brad Cowley
2008 JK Wrangler 

No more Unlimited's In 2007?

I just got off the phone with Chrysler Canada checking status on my Unlimited Rubicon that i ordered 3 months ago. The told me that they are overbooked for 2007 and even though i ordered mine 3 months ago they have me scheduled for a 2008 model and she said that hopefully i would recieve it by the end of this year.

Has anyone else heard this???:

brickwall

Brad Cowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2007, 12:53 PM   #2
cpunter

just called

Chrysler Canada and they have no record of any hold ups. Also, they mentioned that if anyone would know - it would be the dealer who would be told first - not them.
Unread 04-27-2007, 02:36 PM   #3
liquids
2008 JK Wrangler 

There are many Unlimiteds in dealer inventory in Se Michigan if you can't order one.
liquids is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2007, 02:49 PM   #4
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I just talked to Christine at CrowFoot Dodge here in Calgary. She has a JK X Unlimited and a JK Sahara Unlimited sitting on her show-room floor. Both of them are automatics.

Come on down, and she said that she would take care of you so you could head homeward with new wheels.
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

- - - - - - -TEOTWAWKI- - - - - - -

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2007, 03:08 PM   #5
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I just got off the phone with Varsity Chrysler. They had a RedRuby Unlimited on the lot, but as I was talking with Rich, he asked me to hang on .. and it was just being sold.

He does have a JK Rubi Two-Door, a couple of Unlimited X's and Sahara's too ..

Would a two-door work for you?

Unread 04-27-2007, 03:16 PM   #6
Brad Cowley
2008 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for all the help. I am looking for a 4 door Rubicon (Red Rock) Auto with all the options including the Mygig. I have went through all the inventory for the Calgary dealers and the only one that has something even close was Varsity but it is a 6 spped manual.
Unread 04-27-2007, 03:20 PM   #7
Brad Cowley
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpunter
Chrysler Canada and they have no record of any hold ups. Also, they mentioned that if anyone would know - it would be the dealer who would be told first - not them.
I can't believe that they would tell you that there is no hold ups. How could they say that when allmost everyone that i talk to say that they have ordered there jeep anywhere from 3-6 months ago and they still have not recieved anything. Chrysler Canada said that when everything is on time it takes 4-6 weeks to recieve an ordered Jeep.
Unread 04-27-2007, 03:36 PM   #8
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Cowley
Thanks for all the help. I am looking for a 4 door Rubicon (Red Rock) Auto with all the options including the Mygig. I have went through all the inventory for the Calgary dealers and the only one that has something even close was Varsity but it is a 6 spped manual.
When I talked to the Varsity, he was telling me that dealer-x-change is quite normal, as long as both dealers have something of similar setup. They would trade a RubiUnlimited Red for a RubiUnlimited Green if that was what the customer wanted. If they don't have a RubiUnlimited anything, most dealers wouldn't wanna give theirs up.

I don't know if you would want to call some of the smaller towns to see if they have a RubiUnlimited in stock, but the chances of those options (including color) being on it as an "InStock" unit would be slim.

Have you tried Lethbridge, MedicineHat, or even Saskatoon or SwiftCurrent?

Unread 04-28-2007, 09:11 AM   #9
Brad Cowley
2008 JK Wrangler 

I have looked at most of the inventory in Alberta and there isin't much there that i want. Thanks again for all the help.
Unread 04-28-2007, 09:30 AM   #10
Drednot
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I heard that no more were going to canada till the 08s
You cant get any MyGig equiped rubi 4 doors in the US for the most part,either.
Supposedly the MyGig is the biggest hold up for those who ordered, and when they do show up at the factory, they are usually out of some other rubi specific part.

Your best bet,if you want one this year, is to find one on a dealers lot and be willing to forgo the rubi and mygig options.

Im waiting for a rubi unlimited with half doors and mygig which is not even going to see production this year. Maybe 08-09
Drednot is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.