LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of Old 09-28-2013, 07:07 AM
jwcoogan

Same thing just happened to me this morning. All gauges off, wipers and headlights on even though switched off. I switched the headlight switch on and everything came back to normal. 2010 Wrangler Sport wih 48K miles.

post #32 of Old 07-08-2014, 10:29 AM
tedmorgan
2010 JK Wrangler 

Has there ever been a resolution discovered for this? I have the exact same issue right now with my 2010 Wrangler Sport X
post #33 of Old 08-21-2014, 08:15 AM
dvanloon
2010 JK Wrangler 

No gauges, wipers stuck on, can't get out of park

Left jeep (soft-top) in torrential downpour for about 24 hours and thats when i had these problems. (also, for note, radio DID work as well as hazards, but no turn signal and no gauges at all, wipers stuck on)

Went and followed other advice and just reset by unhooking battery and hooking back up. Carried a screwdriver with me for about a day of doing this (as soon as I turn jeep off and left for 5 min., it would revert to no gauges, windshield wipers on, can't get out of park, etc.)

That night and next day I let sit in garage to dry out, and everything is fine again. Somehow, condensation got into the wiring in that rainstorm, and cause all that haywire crap to go on. Not feeling too great that my Jeep has this achilles heel, but live and learn!
post #34 of Old 12-08-2015, 09:06 PM
Erickar88

Similar problem

Same issue, only my wipers were not on: no gauges, headlights won't turn off, radio worked, car charger(plugged into the socket) worked, smh... just weird. Disconnecting the positive side of my battery for a min or so worked to get everything working again, but every time I turn off the car to run in somewhere the same thing happened. Took it to a shop and they said it was my TIPM. That didn't make sense so took it to the dealership and they said (amongst other things) that it was my instrumental cluster. Changed out the cluster and everything is back to normal. Hope this helps someone.
post #35 of Old 03-21-2016, 10:44 AM
Ruselton
2011 JK Wrangler 

Did anyone find the solution for this problem 2011 just did it at 62k miles
post #36 of Old 03-21-2016, 11:38 AM
jwmbishop
Accidental Obfuscator

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruselton View Post
Did anyone find the solution for this problem 2011 just did it at 62k miles
My 11 did this twice over 30K miles, did not do it for 20K some miles. My 12 has done it once (18K on the clock now). Just reset and go worked for me.

Now however I have a bigger problem on the 11. Every time I turn the high beams on with the engine running the entire bus goes wacky (head, tail and turn lamps flickering, relays in the TIPM cycling like mad, no gauges and all lights on in the dash with "no bus" message on dash - and engine continues to run after key off AND OUT.

I had a voltage issue and I think a module is now trying to operate under the code of a corrupt file.

J Wm Bishop EA, ASADE
The wagon should, of course, be as light as possible, but strength should not be sacrificed to lightness, for on any but the regularly traveled roads, the wagon will get many a hard knock...